Need help understanding frame data

HRLQN_Bandit

[08] Mercenary
Currently learning Cervantes, but I'm having no trouble reading and understanding his frame data. As in, what all the abbreviations mean, and things like that. Help? Greatly appreciated.

Okay actually one more question. Cervantes' soul swing AA is i13, and what I'm assuming is the just guard panel also says -13. So what does that mean? Sorry I'm such a nooblet.

Think of frames as a unit of time

60 frames = 1 second

if your move is -13 on JG, then it takes 13 frames for your character to recover from it. That will leave you vulnerable to moves that are i13 (impacts in 13 frames) and faster. That's known as a block punish, or in this case a JG punish.

One more. If a move I do have +6 frames on hit, that means any move I do after will have that 6 frame advantage? Is that how that goes..?

If you have +6 frames on hit, it means that the move you did is causing your opponent to be at -6. They will need 6 frames to recover.

just to add a little bit more to Party Wolfs post:
you do a move that puts you as +6 frames, this essentially means you've shaved 6 frames off your next move;
so in essence at move that were i13 would be i7 if it were exectuted in equal time with your opponents next move...I hope that makes sense

also you should watch DrakeAldans SCV videos as he goes over some of major things you'll need to know about SCV, they're extremely good, they're really informative and done in a fashion that everybody can understand

I just finished watching all of his stuff, holy shit. I feel like I just started playing all over again, it's such a different ballpark, trying to be pro.

This isn't regarding frames, but sometimes when I do Cervantes' CE, the bullet will HIT, but the character won't take damage. They will get flames around their body, but no damage. Why is this?

This isn't regarding frames, but sometimes when I do Cervantes' CE, the bullet will HIT, but the character won't take damage. They will get flames around their body, but no damage. Why is this?

Weird form of clash. They essentially hit the bullet with their weapon.

Here is an obvious description of how frames work, you probably already understand how it works but I wanted to post this somewhere at least.

Cycle_de_vie.jpg

damn that's a pretty awesome way of explaining it

I just finished watching all of his stuff, holy shit. I feel like I just started playing all over again, it's such a different ballpark, trying to be pro.

yh every couple weeks/months I'll rewatch several of these videos as a refresher and re-evaluate my performance over that course of time

Back