[New England] Booze + Puritan Values

I'd love to play some online, I'm in the Boston area and have no offline playgroup so I'm desperate. Also, if anyone is in the Boston area feel free to drop me a line.

Hello people. I guess CF has shit the bed. So making my appearance here.

I have to come up with some patented Tocool wackiness but nothing is coming up.

Hopefully this'll give everyone the final push to make an account here lol, welcome to 8wayrun Tim =)

Warble feel free to add to your friends list, naij

I'm usually on a few times a week.

Yea seriously, now that I think about it, CF was still SC.com that we have all been using since 2002! Kind of sad to see it end.

Alright, i know this is a little short notice but....I'll just throw it out there anyway.

This Friday at starting at 5 P.M. ending around 12 Midnight there is going to be tournaments / Massive L.A.N. at Salem State College (represent son!). There is going to be a Unreal Tournament death-match tournament with 4 placement prices, top being 50$ gamestop card. I will also be hosting a Soul Calibur 4 Tournament using the BONE rule set..Money can be pooled but currently its just "For bragging rights". Seeing as most of the competition is going to be scrubtastic i was hoping we could spice it up a bit...

The basic idea of the LAN is we are shutting down an entire hallway in the Comp Sci department..each room has its respective games..
CS:S room..
UT 2004 room ...
DDR on a projector in the hallway..
Super Smash Bros Brawl and another projector..
Soul Calibur 4 on the other projector.
Rock Band on another projector
Anime will also be shown in another room if your into that sorta thing..(yaoi freaks)

the main event tournament is UT seeing as you can win stuff, but there will also be a SSBB tourament as well as Halo team tournament during the UT 2k4 if PC gaming

Check out the website..

http://lan.salemstateacm.org/

Admitance is 7$ but you get pizza and all the caffine your heart desires for 7 or so hours. (since you all would have to travel if i talk to my president he will most likely let you in for 5$ if that really matters) That includes entry to any or all tournaments.

Anyway if anyone is interested hit my up on
my inbox or just post
AIM:zviper25

I would probably go but I have to see rasslin down in CT.

edit: by have to i mean id kill people to see rasslin down in CT.

Alright, i know this is a little short notice but....I'll just throw it out there anyway.

This Friday at starting at 5 P.M. ending around 12 Midnight there is going to be tournaments / Massive L.A.N. at Salem State College (represent son!). There is going to be a Unreal Tournament death-match tournament with 4 placement prices, top being 50$ gamestop card. I will also be hosting a Soul Calibur 4 Tournament using the BONE rule set..Money can be pooled but currently its just "For bragging rights". Seeing as most of the competition is going to be scrubtastic i was hoping we could spice it up a bit...

The basic idea of the LAN is we are shutting down an entire hallway in the Comp Sci department..each room has its respective games..
CS:S room..
UT 2004 room ...
DDR on a projector in the hallway..
Super Smash Bros Brawl and another projector..
Soul Calibur 4 on the other projector.
Rock Band on another projector
Anime will also be shown in another room if your into that sorta thing..(yaoi freaks)

the main event tournament is UT seeing as you can win stuff, but there will also be a SSBB tourament as well as Halo team tournament during the UT 2k4 if PC gaming

Check out the website..

http://lan.salemstateacm.org/

Admitance is 7$ but you get pizza and all the caffine your heart desires for 7 or so hours. (since you all would have to travel if i talk to my president he will most likely let you in for 5$ if that really matters) That includes entry to any or all tournaments.

Anyway if anyone is interested hit my up on
my inbox or just post
AIM:zviper25 or
call my cell: 7745715135 (Dr. Phil sound board prank calls appreciated)

That sounds pretty sweet Narcotic, unfortunately I'll be at Southern Connecticut University for a non-money shindig =(. Hopefully I can go to the next one.

also short notice there'll be a soul calibur tournament at UMASS Dartmouth he 23rd of oct (which at this point is tomorrow) at 7:30pm. contact me for details if anyone's interested in the next 24 hours (i found out this morning).

Also i know some players in southerestern mass if anyone's interested in comming down to play here sometime.

Hello everyone.

Most players here already know me as a former Tekken players, and I also signed on to SC.com for a brief while during the early SC3 days before the game bombed. A pair of friends of mine within the Soul Calibur community had spent a fair amount of time chewing my ears off about how solid this game was (Idle and Pheonix, so much for anonimity) and so I decided Ill try increasing my knowledge pool regarding this game and perhaps finally breaking into the SC scene as I have always wanted to. Sundays are pretty good for me to make it to framingham since Saturdays I usually spend at either TGA or at the Springfield Crew meetings to practice 2D fighters.

Possibly stupid question coming up, but is this site finnaly the one stop replacement to CF? Just wanna know for sure given I haven't been keeping up with SC community information, thanks in advance for any answers.

Also Im hearing Algol is getting banned, Im just wondering if anyone knows of any one great reason why the community has arrived at this extreme? Again Im hoping to get up to speed so anyone willing to provide answers has my thanks.

Also Im hearing Algol is getting banned, Im just wondering if anyone knows of any one great reason why the community has arrived at this extreme?

Because parts of the community are run by bitch ass bitches, lol. I know Cali is leaving him unbanned, for example.

Because parts of the community are run by bitch ass bitches, lol. I know Cali is leaving him unbanned, for example.
Lots of players are afraid Algol will be what VC was to SC3 which initially was seen to enhance gameplay but then eventually broke the game. Proponents for Algol believe he is a balanced character that can be beaten, as Kowtow put it, if people stop being "bitch ass bitches" lol, both have some merit so there's a huge ongoing debate.

GGs the other night Idle Justkill and Kenny. too bad the sox choked!

Jay have you found your Ipod yet?

i have tonight off, anything goin on?...

Lots of players are afraid Algol will be what VC was to SC3 which initially was seen to enhance gameplay but then eventually broke the game. Proponents for Algol believe he is a balanced character that can be beaten, as Kowtow put it, if people stop being "bitch ass bitches" lol, both have some merit so there's a huge ongoing debate.

The debate has been settled and Algol is BANNED. Further discussion should be "why should we unban Algol" even if some communities don't care about the health of the player base. That's the stance, it was a decision made for the health of the player community. And btw Algol is imba since certain characters have a 0% chance of winning against him. You'd call my Algol gay, you'd cuss at him, you'd complain I turtled after doing like 1 hit to you and that I was only attacking when protected by a 4 bubble shield and constantly running away, it's not the type of gaming experience that inspires a strong gaming community.

Salem State is pretty close to Boston but looking at that flier...Soul Calibur doesn't appear. Sorry dude I'm not wasting my time driving to play some randoms in Soul Calibur. Let me know if you bitches want to play some online from there as we're close and I'd love some good gaming(got ps3?). Since Soul Calibur isn't even a game on your advertisement you'll need some competition ;-}

The debate has been settled and Algol is BANNED. Further discussion should be "why should we unban Algol" even if some communities don't care about the health of the player base. That's the stance, it was a decision made for the health of the player community. And btw Algol is imba since certain characters have a 0% chance of winning against him. You'd call my Algol gay, you'd cuss at him, you'd complain I turtled after doing like 1 hit to you and that I was only attacking when protected by a 4 bubble shield and constantly running away, it's not the type of gaming experience that inspires a strong gaming community.

Salem State is pretty close to Boston but looking at that flier...Soul Calibur doesn't appear. Sorry dude I'm not wasting my time driving to play some randoms in Soul Calibur. Let me know if you bitches want to play some online from there as we're close and I'd love some good gaming(got ps3?). Since Soul Calibur isn't even a game on your advertisement you'll need some competition ;-}

LOL who are you guy?

You'd call my Algol gay, you'd cuss at him, you'd complain I turtled after doing like 1 hit to you and that I was only attacking when protected by a 4 bubble shield and constantly running away, it's not the type of gaming experience that inspires a strong gaming community.

Salem State is pretty close to Boston but looking at that flier...Soul Calibur doesn't appear. Sorry dude I'm not wasting my time driving to play some randoms in Soul Calibur.

it's not the type of gaming experience that inspires a strong gaming community.

Made me laugh, kid.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA......*breath....*..HAHAHAHA

ahh, that's funny
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also in response to warble that site hasn't been updated in a long time, i just posted it to give an idea of the size of the LAN and how its legitiment, we are sponsored by bawls it just doesn't get any better.

..we are going to have Calibur up on one of the projectors all night.
Wouldn't that be the point of going somewhere? to play random people you haven't played?...hmmmm just a thought

we are going to have Calibur up on one of the projectors all night.
Wouldn't that be the point of going somewhere? to play random people you haven't played?...hmmmm just a thought

Yeah, it just concerns me that the piece of advertisement you sent out to the Soul Calibur community doesn't mention Soul Calibur at all...and just FYI the SB3 debacle has made me a lot more cautious about travelling to play a Soul Calibur side event. Truthfully I'd probably try to make it if my dog didn't have a parasite and need to go shit every couple hours. Indeed, playing randoms with skill is awesome but risking driving a couple hours to find nobody there is the opposite. Hence my cynicism when I see the flier doesn't mention the only game I care about playing on their quite extensive list.

You could play me online if you wanted to see some good play(albeit online)...perhaps you should game with me sometime and you might know who I am?

You don't have to be a dick about it. Calling people "randoms" isn't very nice either. Who the fuck are you? To me you are a "random". If you have good reasons not to go to the event you don't have to be a chode about it. Just don't go.

Who the fuck are you? To me you are a "random".

Ooooh you got mad. Here's a hint, in College my friends and I sparred on my rooftop and people who were "randoms" got knocked out. That's a little bit about who I am. I'd be glad to put on the gloves and spar you for real if you think you're a man. Otherwise, stop bragging about your e-penis. Some of us actually have real ones.

And again, the event's only advertisement doesn't mention Soul Calibur so stop pretending I'm disrespecting a Soul Calibur event. If that flier even mentioned Soul Calibur anywhere I'd probably make the trek with my puppy and all. What I can't do is make the trek to pay money to play on a projector and not eat good food and find that nobody there intends to play Soul Calibur. Caution is a sign of intelligence, disrespecting that is a sign of stupidity.

Ooooh you got mad. Here's a hint, in College my friends and I sparred on my rooftop and people who were "randoms" got knocked out. That's a little bit about who I am. I'd be glad to put on the gloves and spar you for real if you think you're a man.

When did this become a LARP'ing contest?...I'm going to spar your mother on your rooftop wearing no "glove"..9 months later ill be your step father

Anyway, like i said in the first post i made about the LAN, the main event is going to be UT 2k4..but there are also projectors running Soul Calibur 4 and various other games.

Seeing as how Soul Calibur 4 is going to be there and this is a gaming community.. naturally i assumed some people play other games as well and might want to join in on the fun.

Again READ my previous post, the website is about a month old and hasn't been updated. It's not a Flier. It was just to give people a general idea of the legitimacy/size of the program(around 150 people). I give up.

Back