New England Regional Results

grats to the placers!! i regret not making it >_< (damn sf4 hype)

looks like my chances to make nats have run dry on the EC.... Evo here I come :)

cha cha

Congrats to Canada for being, well....Canada. I wish I could have come to hang out and have fun with you guys. Oh well maybe next time.

first of all big up to Ramon for having an amazing weekend - 2nd at regionals, 1st in the singles tournament the next day, and #1 in our hearts.

New England stiffs - thanks for hosting, teaching me about poker, and providing me with beer, i like all of those things

Bibulus - I love you, but i dont want to play you 1st round anymore (Played Bibulus in 2 SC4 and SF4 tournament matches, 3 of those were FIRST ROUND, after also playing him 1st round in Jersey).

JustKill - fuck your Vader:-).
Everyone else, Im at work so yeah i don't feel like writing 21516 paragraphs, maybe later.

You are all fags and stiffs.

PS: Even though i didnt qualify for nationals in 2 tries, I'll still be in the tournament. I will negotiate my way in

Good games to everyone I played in the tournament. Some tough matches. Especially the one with Bibulus. It was also good to see Jian and IdleMind again. STD, your Amy is just amazing. That 3B followed by the foot stab (2B+K is it?), holy shit does that work well! Hopefully next time we'll be able to get more than just one casual match in. And to answer OmegaXCN's question - yes, I only used Mi-na.

Congratulations King Zamunda on your victory.

KingOfZamunda.jpg

good games to everyone i played. i had a good time, and it was nice to see an Amy come out on top.

nice job justin. glad to see you make it. you have all that training with jon and I to thank. =)

First of all I'd like to thank everyone who attended for making it out and supporting our humble scene. I hope everyone enjoyed themselves, the venue, and had a great time. I'd also like to thank Idle for helping me run matches and for setting up the brackets, and special thanks to KiT for his awesome vocal capabilites.

On to individual props...

Jamie/Game Universe - many thanks again for allowing us to host such an event pro bono, and for helping us to run the best tourney we could. Always a pleasure to visit GU.

g0ofus - thanks for allowing us animals to crash at your place for the weekend, and for all the booze and bingers. I hope you enjoyed better luck on Sunday.

STD - good games in the tourney man, wish I had gotten to play you more. Your Amy is solid as hell, and you beat some good players to earn your victory. Congratulations once again.

Rest of Canada - didn't really get to talk to you guys much, but Jeff you seem like a really cool guy, and congrats to you for placing as well. Solid X. Special thanks to Canada for making a 10 hour drive to our Regional.

JustKill - you love me picking Mitsu against you fats. Good shit with Vader, and congrats on your qualifying. Oh and

Serge - nice to finally hang out and crank beers with you. I hope you enjoyed New England's vicious display of drinking power. Also, I have incriminating photos of you on my phone.

Ramon/ShadowFox - thanks for making the trip out, always good to see you guys. Good games in the tourney, grats to Ramon for qualifying, and thanks for coming out to Bickford's for breakfast on Sunday.

InsaneKhent - I must admit, going into our match I was a bit worried, having seen that you play Mina (who I have like zero Anti for) and beat both g0ofus and Bibulus. Good games in the tourney, and thanks for making the trip.

Jian - dude we hardly hung out this weekend! What's up with that? And so close too fats, I was rooting for you all the way. Team Monster did rep though, and you did us proud.

Grimace - playing you in tourneys is gay, but drinking copious amounts of alcohol with you is awesome. thanks for driving up with me as always.

kryonik - words simply cannot express my love for you

essex - see above. also, HURRICANE DICKSMASHER!!!

Everyone else I played in casuals good games, and thanks again to everyone for coming.

Just stating for the record, I'm not quitting Calibur.

Monster + Essex and Kryonik - Wish I could've hung out with you guys more. I'll assume the usual drinking madness insued and someone probably violated Serge.

Serge - My condolences. Good matches though, I wish got to play you some more as I'm trying to make X a solid 2ndary of mine. Maybe next time at the Kogarasamaru monthly.

ShadowFox - I'm gonna say this again because I'm not bsing, you're Kilik is getting better and I'm glad you started to get the hang of more of his tools. More 1B next time, and you should own me for free.

Goofus - I expect complete annihilation at EVO now by your hands.

Justkill - I'm glad that our match gave you the wake up call you needed, congrats on placing fats and I wish you all the luck and skill for nationals upcoming. That CF was priceless.

Insanekhent - We didn't get to play a single match but your wins that day were big and not anything to be taken likely. Thanks for having us all over at your place on Saturday, it was fucking priceless. Keep Repping Mina and building anti character knowledge, as you can see it took you far =)

Ramon - Congrats on placing, certainly was a close match all around but glad to see the strides you made and now closer to being a top contender on the East Coast. Love dem justframes =)

Idle - My condolences to your oppressed whiteness, you almost killed everyone in that hotel room that night.

KDZ - Thanks for dropping some Abel demostrations, we'll get a decent session next time if I don't see you at the next brackets we're entered.

Kit, Jaxel, HackerMike - It's always more entertaining with you guys around, I wish I could get some games with you guys, I'll try hard to make to the next Kogarasamaru monthly.

I'll be working hard to make up for my weaknesses, you scrubs better not wuss out now.

I usually dont post in the aftermath thread, but I will.

NY, its always a fun time when you guys show up, dont mind my hilarious racism ;)
NJ, good times as always, hope my apartment wasnt too cramped for ya'll.
NE, good job repping on sunday... wait just kidding, none of you fuckers showed up (with a few exceptions)

My props are less epic than my rants.

-Idle

well im finally done with the random Food POISONING i got in boston... so here goes!

STD - I just wanna say you are a hell of a player! I HATE CANADIANS!!!! lol good stuff getting into my head those games and i look forward to playing more with you!

SoW - i got my revenge this time around! but i know you will be back for more! cant wait to play you more!

Jeff - i had no idea who you were or how you played, but i see alot of potential in you...it might have been that you have lil sophie knowledge but i know next time we meet its gonna be a much tougher fight! keep at it bro!...and i FUCKING HATE YOU CANADIANS!!! :)

InsaneKhent - A MILLION PROPS TO YOU SIR!!! thank you for not LEAVING me in NYC! and for the roof over my head in boston...and for the drive! thank you so much!... plus you beat voldo...TWICE!!! good stuff! mina is too top tear!

Serge - thx for taking phil down to losers so i could win on Day 2 lol! i wanna see you place higher from now on tho! if i can do it...anyone can!

Phil - WHOOPED YO ASS!!! lol thanks for believing in me bro! even when i dont...

JustKill - good stuff with vader! rep MA HARD!!

Idlemind - listening to you is a BLAST! and MA wouldnt be as fun without you! thanks for hosting tourneys everytime we go and for housing my brotha's from Jersy! much love!

HackerMike - i swear you are gonna be the best in NJ soon enough...good stuff on day 2! pleasure hanging around with u as always.

Jaxel - you suck! STOP PLAYING TALIM! NAO!!! love u...thx for running a tourney!

KIT - I LOVE YOU! lol my memory sucks as is...and i was trying to remember who i played but i really wanna thank you for running a very smooth tourney like always brotha! stay cool!

GG's to those i cannot remember right now... and i had a great time with all of you! see ya next time!

Ok I'm going to do this now, because I'm not paying attention in class. lol

Idlemind: It was a good thing I decided to scrape whatever money I had to get there and have a good time hanging out with everyone. Our racism was pretty great, I'm trying to get the vids off my camera so other people can find out that black people are 88% likely to win a court case in MA. lol

DSBlackFox: You need to rename yourself to DSWhiteFox because.... we'll you dont want someone calling for a Fox and then asking: "Are you the dark Fox?" lol. Thanks for showing us that breakfast buffet Sunday morning. It was beast.

Jian: I swear I'm going to beat you in a tourney and when I do thats when a tourney in MA will go well for me. Good shit in our match and it was great hanging out with you in the hotel room with everyone else.

Sean: Man, this guy. He offers to take 3 people from NYC two days before, gets a room booked at a fucking CASTLE, takes us up there and then doesnt charge us for the room and beat two voldos;; the character he rages against. I cant thank you enough and hopefully we can all do this again.

Canadians: You guys keep dodging me when it comes to playing casuals. Talk to OOF about that, he'll agree. lol. Good seeing you guys.

Grimace: Nice asta man. I'll be sure to play better next time because I know it didnt seem that I knew what I was doing and just throwing out moves.

HackerMike: 40%! Good shit in our tourney match. I'll be sure to beat you next time you funny ass motherfucker. You need to keep that wit up because as your agent, I need to hype you up without doing anything. lol

Phil: I'm glad that I'm not as scrubby as I thought when you first picked asta in our match. I'm glad that I was finally beginning to see throws again. I'll be sure to get back on the level I used to be and give you more of a challenge.

Jaxel: Your propel packets got owned.

Kit: Nice shouting out matches man. I hope to be at the next Jersey monthly and drink like no tomorrow with ya.

Ramon: Well you did what you said you were going to do and make it to nationals and then win the tourney the next day. Good shit man. I'll try my hardest to get those matches up of you busting Phil's ass. lol

Serge: yooooooooooooooooooooooooo. I hear talking will get you to Nats. Do work.

Hey, all great tournament! Good to see three regions represented at this tournament. Tornonto/New England and New York/New Jersey.

Justkill: Congrats to you and representing the region well with the top tier Vader. Got to work on that anti-Yoshi some more. You were pretty crafty with that.

Goofus:Everyone has a down turn. STD came from two and out remember? Hope to see you come back strong!
Full Results:
1st Oofmatic (Apprentice, Talim, Lizardman, Hilde, Sorry if I missed any)
2nd Neorussell (Yoshimitsu All the way)
3rd Silent (Nightmare)
4th Dino (Voldo)
5th Money Muffins (Sophitia)
5th Jeff (Xianghua)
7th Pyro (Siegfried)
7th Lawrence (Cassandra, Amy)
9th Cha Cha (Xianghua)
9th Page (Mina, Rock)
9th Valei (Hilde, Lizardman)
9th Big Riches (Nightmare)
13th Kyper (Raphael)
13th B.J. (Talim?)
13th Devon (Astaroth?)
13th The Mastaroth (Astaroth)
17th Kowtow Robinson (Cervantes)
17th STD (Cassandra, Amy)
17th Jug (Yun Seung)

Idle/Kitt: Good job on running the show. Everything ran smoothly and it was good times. Idle, we down for that controller match post evo? This won't die until one of our controllers does!

Ramon: Congrats on having a big weekend! You really stepped up your game! Even using Yoshi. Seems like you like the fast ones. Are we going to see Setsuka next? Keep this up for Evo!

InsaneKhent: Always doing good to show what Mina is all about. You're always getting better!

Serge: That was a good money match? I don't know, I think we had a few 3-2 matches, but I was always coming up short. Hope you enjoyed some subway after.

Jaxel: I lost to you twice in one weekend? Ugh. At least I get to watch Broken Saints now. So far so good

Canada: Stop taking over everything! I love the 44B drama. Always doing tricky shit like wall hacks. It was cool you guys made the trip. 2/4 places is it? How many Canadians have qualified now?

Essex: your king-6 bullshit is so silly. in the words of phil hellmuth, "you need to learn to fold a hand!"

Narcotic: That was some bullshit this weekend. I hope you got back alright.

Vagabond: Thanks for hosting. Good times with that Japanese Westurn and skittles vodka shots.

Everyone else: Glad to see everyone come out including CT and RI. Full boat from the new england community!

Back