New to Amy

Xenomorph

[08] Mercenary
Suggestions? I've looked at the top 10 moves thread, but in I need suggestions on what her good combos are, her stuns, and her pokes, and generally how to fight with her.

4AB is your friend, has incredible reach, and does a fair amount of damage.

2BK can save you if the enemy is up close and it stuns.

4BK is not safe on block but does good damage.

22_88B is a LIFESAVER and destroys soul gauge.

That's all i can think of off the top of my head.

... if I may correct you, I don't recall almost any of those moves existing.

22_88B is a legitimate move however, and it does do good SG damage (and you can do it over and over again if you like).

Check the combo thread for combos...
Her (shakeable) stuns are 1KA, wrB, 22_88BGB, and 6K
6BB is high poke (very fast)
BB is mid poke (standard)
1A is low poke (tech crouch, really bad on block but -1 on hit which leads to some minor frame traps).

Be very aggressive and pitbull, or use her aGIs to open up the opponent (and shock their system a little), or both. Don't get defensive and block everything with her, you'll just get pushed out of range and owned accordingly.

A few things off the top of my head that any Amy should know:

-33B is your safe launcher and WHIFF punisher, crazy range, though highly steppable. Throw
auto GIs out after it gets blocked and lulz when people try to retaliate.

-66BA is your main punisher.

-1A and 2B+K for lows, 2B+K has crazy short range, but very hard to react to.

-6B for interrupting pressure and frame traps. Canceling her 6BB into her crouchdash makes her 236B uninterruptible on block and you can buffer ANYTHING into the end of the CD.

-A+K stance gives very good OKI on knockdown(options to cover EVERYTHING they could want to do.)

Hmm... personally I like the 66A+B combo series better as a general whiff punisher. Tech crouch, good range, slow, but more damage potential. of course, 33B also has the added benefit of pushing your opponent towards the edge, so, use with discretion, I guess.

A+B stance is a little iffy compared to A+K stance on oki, but it's cool too (low sweep that tracks every little roll [tad slow though], and A+B B is great combo damage).

actually, i'm usually not at my PS3 when i write these so it may not be correct but i caught an error in my last post.

-33B is your safe launcher and WHIFF punisher, crazy range, though highly steppable. Throw auto GIs out after it gets blocked and lulz when people try to retaliate.
You can add 66A+B to that as well, as a set up for her auto GI, for characters like Nightmare, Astaroth and others who can't punish it. Oh and it looks unsafe..but maybe that's just me lol

A+B stance is a little iffy compared to A+K stance on oki, but it's cool too (low sweep that tracks every little roll [tad slow though], and A+B B is great combo damage).
The only problem i have with her A+B stance is that the incoming attacks are way too noticeable, So throwing them out without it GI-ing anything would be a waste but all her followups are safe so whatever :P

The only thing i have left to say that others haven't suggested would be learn how to mix it up with Amy i guess (: it's the only way i get damage in ever :P

I'm really glad such a thread exists in here, no need to post a similar one. I hope I can play again soon, my whole afternoon at my friend's house wasn't quite enough even though it was all Amy. I spent most of the time adjusting from SC3 and learning Amy's basic moves rather than go advanced with her.

just keep doing 6:6B over and over and scare the $*(@ outta people

don't be afraid to use the auto GI moves, mostly B+K. Even just running up to people and doing B+K,K isn't that bad to do sometimes.

oh and do the stuff other people here said too :)

I abused 3BA and 1A like whoa when I played, but while shuffling around I noticed other nice moves. Thanks, I'll read all of this later plus the frame data.

PS3 Users:

New here as well i'm interested in learning amy. I have a few of her moves down, but i can't seem to develop any type of offensive flow. Those who know amy. I'm interested in training against u so i can know what i am doing wrong

If the opponent stays down after being knocked down, what do you think is the best thing to do?

2B+K hits grounded and cannot be rolled at point blank range unless they preemptively roll, if they do then BT 2K will hit them grounded. Another good grounded move to use is A+BK, which hits grounded and if it manages to hit them when teching/rising, leads to 6BB236 into more mixups (usually I keep the A+B mixups going, swithing between A+BB and A+BK).

Also, I've always wondered, I play Amy as a rush down type, very offense based. But every time I've seen someone else play her, it was always as punishment instead of constant assault/mixups. Am I going at it wrong or do I just have a different playstyle that works just as well?

If the opponent stays down after being knocked down, what do you think is the best thing to do?

6:6B is the best all around option for oki speed and damage. 236 K:A_K works pretty good, but is slower and can be siderolled to one side. 33B is an under-rated oki move... it hits grounded and launches if they get up crouching_attacking. The tracking isn't great against rollers.

8A+B works nicely.

3BA is also quite good until people figure out your game. 66A is good also. 1A (already mentioned), 2A to while rising B (or K, when they figure out B). 4A is good for its evasive properties. She does have a very good BB. 33B and [any 8 way run]A+B are good launchers, the latter launcher can be followed up with B+K (a mild tech trap, if you want to keep looping it).

I also like 2A+B. Make use of her auto parry stances. I personally like B+K_K and A+B_K.

:)

A+K has options that cover everything they could do on the ground.

The A hits grounded and they'll tech up into disadvantage.

The B unblockable will hit if they stand up and try to guard the A or the K

The K will hit them if they try to avoid the B.

Use A+K for oki.

this has probably been answered somewhere else but i couldnt see it, which auto GI is for what, i know one is for vertical and the other is for horizontal, which is which? also they dont work for kicks do they?

this has probably been answered somewhere else but i couldnt see it, which auto GI is for what, i know one is for vertical and the other is for horizontal, which is which? also they dont work for kicks do they?
A+B - High
B+K - Mid
Yes Kicks get aGI'd as well. There's a thread all about Amy's aGI ^^

PS3: Users
Are there any amy players out there that want to give me a mirror match i need to pick up some idea of what to do with her

Back