New to SC competitively, looking for TO advice

Tiger Flowsion

[08] Mercenary
Hey guys, Tiger Flowsion here!

I'm part of a fighting game scene in the UK called SFO, based in Leeds. I've been playing Soul Calibur casually for years and up until recently I've decided to pick the game up competitively.

With that said, myself and some friends have decided to set up a SCV side tournament at our next SFO Monthly (7th December). But due to my lack of knowledge about the SCV competitive scene I'm unsure of what the Rules and Format should be. Are there any characters that should be banned or infinites/ glitches? Any advice on organising this tournament would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance and see you on another thread! ^_^

long story short:
  • match format = FT3/ top 8 = FT5 - Double elimination - 60 sec time limit - 3/5 rounds per match
  • ideal console = PS3 (less complications/controller preferences )
  • playing on XBOX = have converters/wired XBOX pads at the ready just in case - request participants purchase their own http://www.amazon.co.uk/Universal-A...1417433308&sr=8-1&keywords=ps3+to+360+adapter
  • make sure you have Dampierre DLC (people actually do play him competitively)

• CaS/ Devil Jin/ character customs/ Viola infinite/ button macros (tool assists) = banned
  • character colour edits are allowed
  • paused/ interrupted round = player forfeiting current round unless opponent states otherwise
  • stages selected at random
  • losing player = option to character/stage change (must still select random stage)
  • winning player = character locked
  • disqualifications = player must tell organiser he/she will be out for whatever reason and they will return at soonest time possible - if they fail to do this, verbally state you will initiate countdown of 6 mins (every 3 mins that pass constitutes a round loss) after 2nd 3mins have passed, verbally state player is DQ'd . However tgis is really something you need to govern your self, different scenes have different rules

Back