New Video: Mitsi vs Cervy

Hello and welcome to the forums. I've already seen both your vids in the front page of this forum so I place my comments there.

I'll make life a little easier and post what I've commented on the two vids.

Mitsi vs Cervy part 2

to Rob:

@0:36 you grabbed the player when Mitsu is at your back. Itz best to do BT B+K instead cuz once you hit him with that he's opened to two of Cervy's major setups. 66B which in your situation may lead to wallsplat opening for wallsplat combos and 3B which launches the opponent opening for a combo setup.

4A+B is not a good move to begin with, ppl can easily step that and maybe punish you for it, but in this case the Mitsu player made a mistake and attacked too soon so you got lucky on that.

Krysis(Mitsi) VS Seahorse(cervy)

to Seahorse:

@0:05 you whiffed with 8A B. My guess is that you're attempting to do 8A B:B K. I wouldn't recommend that move if someone were to rush into you. I think 6A is your best choice though there are other options. Even if you whiff 6A you'll recover fast and in most cases you'll hardly get punished unless your pattern with 6A is obvious.

@0:47 you missed a wallsplat combo opportunity I tend to go with 2A B 4KK 66B and if you're lucky enough you may do the final blow with his BBB.

@1:00 you had frame advantage you could have press the attack instead you block.

General flow of your game for both Rob and Seahorse:

-Be careful in the way you use GDR in cases I see the Mitsu player blocking that and punishing you for it.

-No use of bK. bK is a good move cuz it puts both players in a guessing situation. Most of the players I faced b4 were not aware that bK leaves them at 0 and after they block it they go for a powerful slow move.

-Step and space more, encourage your opponent to whiff and punish with iGDR.

-I don't see you using any command throws at all, it puts the person at 70dmg. After the grab you can either do a low kick or 3B.

-Mix in your lows especially with 1K cuz on hit you can continue with 6K most of the opponents I face don't know the advantage 1K gives Cervy. If the opponent is scared what to do next the only option is to block leaving you 2 other options. Another low kick and grab especially the command grab.

Thank you for posting the vids I would especially recommend you also post your vids in this thread Cervy match vids comment & critique

watched the 'Mitsi vs Cervy part 2' video.
i'm gonna give rob some hints to improve his cervy,
first of all, w/out offence, i think you play quite randomly, you need to set up some strategies/mixups, and learn to punish. you're so predictable, your opponent can GI and anticipate you w/out problems. so:
- 4A+B, 4B+K, 214A: these moves suck, no way you can use them against a decent player, especially at neutral position;
- BBB: learn to hit confirm the CH, you will be punished so bad if you let your opponent guard last B;
- WS BB: that move is a chunk of bullshit, cervy has way better options from crouched, for ex. 6K, WR K, CT, FC A+BBB, and pokes in general;

you actually need to add so much cervy moves in your arsenal, here imho some useful moves you should use:
- 1K: it starts crouched mixups, that are vital in cervy's game; unsafe like most of the pirate moves, anyways;
- aB: i13 punisher, godly, don't trow it out of the blue, cuz its hard punishable. it leaves you at slightly disadvantage even on it.
- 44B: it steps backwards and hit, unsafe but it doesn't matter if you use it properly;
- iGDR: need some pratice to do it consistently, excellent for punish opponent's mistakes, after whiffing too. soooo unsafe, use it with caution;
- iTP: as above, master this move and you will kick some asses;
- FC A+BBBBBBBB: the GC version, leaves you at +13 frames, on edge/wall guarantees a free aB!
- 66K: fast & safe mid kick, on CH can combo with 11B;
- 11B: not fast, but safe and kill SG;
- B2: as a poke is a nice move, imho, TC. in general w/ cervy all pokes are vital, remember it;
- CT: trow that can be done fastly w/out crouching (iCT), or can be a mixup after moves like 1K, 2A, 11K etcetera;
- 3A+B: safe, TC, step killer;
- bK: TJ, leaves you at +0, so you can set up interesting mixup on this;
- 2A+B: unsafe, but not too much, that start nice combos.

i hope my hints will help you, rob :)
btw, watch the combo thread, too

Back