Nightmare CE bug(?)

Belial

King of Hundred Swords
It probably been posted already somewhere, but I wanted to make it known to public, just in case its a glitch and need fix

Another problem I wanted to adress is step cancel, which is a very stupid bug and needs fix.
I will make a video for step~G this weekend, I hope FilthieRich or whoever is contacting Namco around here will make community finds known to them. Once I make the video I'll also send it to Kayane afaik she has contacts with Namco. Patrocolos step 214 also seems to be a bug.

The CE one hit the Natsu, because it was a ch (+ back hit) and no auto-GI. Everything seems to be in working order.
What am I missing?

The thing about his CE is that it has 68 frames of start-up (got that number from daGOTTh). It only does 80dmg on auto-GI, which is fine (and actually not that great) for 50% meter in my opinion. The Natsu player merely reacted wrong by doing a delayed move instead of just side-stepping it.
I honestly can't see it land like that vs people later on in the game, its like one of those linear slow-ass unblockables when the auto-GI doesnt trigger. And because of its speed you can not use it as viable whiff-punisher or post-GI option either.

Obviously it will only land like 0.000000000000001% of the time, yet it looks like a damage scaling bug.
I think its a bug, harmless though.

I'd advocate tone up the GI damage of NM CE, tone down the non-GI damage a little.

Step-G and Pat 214 step have to go though. Immediately and without hesitation.

Patrocolos step 214 also seems to be a bug.

Holy shit are you the A1 Belial from quickmatch?? OMG. Namco HAS to listen to you man, you're the only on who got A1....:P

Also please do that vid, im mainly using aPATS 214 Cancel, i havent researched too much on Step G. But i like aPATS 214 Cancel :)

That same thing happened to me as Yoshimitsu when I tried to deathcopter over Nightmare's CE..... because... why wouldn't you try to do that? :\

I instantly died, too, but just assumed it was because that move does ridiculous damage + counterhit.

Its not a bug, it deals double damage on no CE, it can clean hit etc. Under the right circumstances it can deal more than opponent's entire life total, they really need to screw up though. Also Sach, its faster than 68, somewhere in the 60-62 range. I think 61 but the move properties are so weird after it activates I don't have definitive evidence. for example it appears to both be invincible AND aGI on frame 58.

Was wondering whether it's a bug as well. But like what Sacharja said, if you're careful you shouldn't be eating it in the face like that, if it's the auto-gi then it's a wrong guess on our side.

Obviously it will only land like 0.000000000000001% of the time, yet it looks like a damage scaling bug.
I think its a bug, harmless though.
It's not a bug. They've talked about it at events like NEC. Working completely as intended. Punishes people that get hit by a very linear move with over a second of very obvious start up.

I played with this after an unfortunate series of events last night.

If you attack CH + clean hit + no GI the damage goes to 247 (OHK).
Without a clean hit and no GI it's 197.
With a GI I think it's 160.

There are a few ways to "accidentally all the things" that you would think would work.... but it seems you should just always step this. :P

Back