Nightmare Web Theater.

B+K Cancel into 3 [ k ]. Your enemy sees the twitch but not nightmare's missing leg before its too late :D aG is also another fake for mindgames, esp if they are ducking agA.

Edit: just tested and Cass's 236AB doesnt beat all options from WR [ B ] . NSS A+B beats it outright, delayed NSS K, GS A, NSS A and step back all have a chance on beating or sword clashing with 236AB

2B+K doesn't beat step back or GS A at all.

2A or blocking is still her best option.

lol, i think u guys are talking of Cass 236AB instead of 236 AA, well if they are punishing just w her 236 A after blocked WS B, NSS bA will clash swords, agaisnt Sophie is a lot more useful cuz the first hit of her 236 AA gonna clash with NM's NSS bA and second can be blocked for guarantee WS B, agaisnt Cassie the second gonna hit NM, u can delayed NSS K too to beat that, as Engared said, the timing for this is kind of strict, but i didn't know NSS A+B beats that, she can also do her 236 AgI to counter NM's NSS K, i think she have the advantage in that situation cuz her rewards are higher than NM ones, i am based on the fact that just blocking if u try to interrupt her after blocked WR B, all of his moves not including NSS A, are punishable for her 236 (B) for more or less 67 dmg.

I think Cass is one of the hardest matches agaisnt NM, i think she is harder to beat even than Sophie.

But however, Nightmare is incredibly versatile and u can have a lot of options to help u in almost every situation.

-Peace-

lol, i think u guys are talking of Cass 236AB instead of 236 AA, well if they are punishing just w her 236 A after blocked WS B, NSS bA will clash swords, agaisnt Sophie is a lot more useful cuz the first hit of her 236 AA gonna clash with NM's NSS bA and second can be blocked for guarantee WS B, agaisnt Cassie the second gonna hit NM, u can delayed NSS K too to beat that, as Engared said, the timing for this is kind of strict, but i didn't know NSS A+B beats that, she can also do her 236 AgI to counter NM's NSS K, i think she have the advantage in that situation cuz her rewards are higher than NM ones, i am based on the fact that just blocking if u try to interrupt her after blocked WR B, all of his moves not including NSS A, are punishable for her 236 (B) for more or less 67 dmg.

I think Cass is one of the hardest matches agaisnt NM, i think she is harder to beat even than Sophie.

But however, Nightmare is incredibly versatile and u can have a lot of options to help u in almost every situation.

-Peace-

Cass vs NM i find is a very interesting one imo. She can punish the heck out of NM on block but NM can punish the hell out of her on whiff punish. I don't find her as hard of a matchup as sophie due to the fact that she is more linear and has a harder time getting in. She is much more vulnerable to B+K as well. But the rule against the sisters is to go down to the 5-6 moveset and whiff punish. Avoid WR [ B ] outside of mixups or whiff punish as well imo.

Cass 236AB is quite a few frames and as WR [ B ] puts NM on slight advantage, NSS A+B should beat it.

cass 236AB will beat your NSS A+B after blocked WR B

You sure? I was testing and it didnt beat it. Ever. Didnt test extensively though.

Based on Frame Data: It depends on how much + or - wr [ B ] is on block. If its +1 or better, NSS A+B should trade with or beat fastest input Cass AS 236 AB. However, it will lose if its anything worse than +1.

Nice video there belial, only comment I have is that your opponent made too many small mistakes. Your NM looked solid to me.

KingAce: Thanks, hes a very new player I think he's been doing super awesome for someone only playing for a few months. I coached him alot. In the end I beat him very badly, but some games were close like the one I upload.
It is a big problem to record interesting games , some are too one sided, other has not enough awesomeness in them... Since Kingusha stopped playing there are no strong rival for me.

Anybody see the vids from that recent team tourney in France? I think it was Kayane and Keev on one team. Kayane opened with her X and Keev sweeped with his Nightmare, I mean literally sweeped. He makes NM seem like a counterpick against Ivy.

Needs more
Cowbell2.gif

I would whiff punish with 33B more as opposed to 6B:B. Against Ivy, I would've been more patient in close range if she's going to abuse that jumping-stab-you-in-the-foot attack and that one sidestep attack that puts her into SE (I dunno the input of it, but in one game it was 236B or something). But yeah, I would step G or backstep to aga range if Ivy wants to play with those shenanigans.

Nice use of 22A(B). I'll have to work that into my play.

@keev- Me giving advice to the best nightmare but can you test 66A+B post A+G for ground hit mixup for GS B, Lau Throw, 2A+B (if the stay down) against top opponents? It seems to be effective in Australia so i want to see if it works worldwide. It also does 25-35 damage on ground and if blocked does decent SG damage.

Also have some new mixups post 33B, GS B (perfect timing, 63 damage version) and 33B, BT B+K has some must block mixups as well which might help.

I'm sorry for the answer late Engared. So I had found force block 66A+B post A+G but it can tech on one side. For my part, post A+G my mix up is:
GSB or 3B/33B
2k force block
delay throw

I will test WSB :)

Back