No Man's Sky

skytoast

Videomaster
I didn't see a post for this game anywhere here. So here we go... probably my most anticipated game I'm looking forward to for the new consoles (and of course PC)...

maxresdefault.jpg

So why is this a big deal? The way the game is being built and run. It's PROCEDURAL meaning everything is generated by physical rules and algorithms so it mimics something closer to the way real world, the universe works - "small bit by bit ~ atom by atom ~ particle by particle" - minecraft on steroids x 100 ^Nth power. Gone are "barriers" or invisible walls. The universe is seamless, going from the deepest ocean to vastness of space, stars, planets... and we're not talking boring exploration of endless rocks either like Mass Effect rover/scanning... there are rules like how far planets and moons are from a distance to a sun/star - does it have water, life, atmosphere, clouds, etc... Well I'm sure they're may be some limitation (power of the PS4... lol... but still far bigger than anything we have so far...)

http://www.technologyreview.com/news/529136/no-mans-sky-a-vast-game-crafted-by-algorithms/

Back