No more CGS... apparently...

It was a joke man. What is the point of taking it seriously?
internet_serious_business.jpg

But seriously....like BlackMamba said to Cha "sarcasm doesn't exist on the internet"...unless pointed so.

i really don't know why people are hating the cgs it was a good league while it lasted i was looking forward to hoping try out this year but my dream has been smashed but the people that are going to miss it the most are the people that were on the teams they put so much work into the thing they love to do and only reason why people say they hate the cgs is because they did not have a game you play or like and people need to stop with the stupid comments you know who you are and it was good while it lasted.

I'm sad to see it go as there isn't really anything like it out there.

MLG and WCG were never as interesting as CGS, and it looks like SF4 will get picked up by WCG instead of SC4. I really think CGS would've used SC4 next season in some capacity, even if it was limited to the Pro-Am (which would have been unfortunate).

I also feel bad for all of the player's and general employees who now have to find another job with very little notice.

Oh lawd. Why don't you guys just get your damn pitchforks and come lynch me already? Some of you guys make me so sad, seriously.

"BAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWW!! HE DOESN'T LIKE WHAT I LIKE, SO I'LL FLAME HIM FOR IT T_T!!!11111"

And poor taste? Pfft. How does this look coming from someone just coming in to reply to someone's post that was in "poor taste" instead of actually posting about how you feel towards the topic at-hand? Durr hurr, good job, idiot.

+1 to n00b

Whatever. You guys can just go cry moar about your loss. Obviously, unless it happened to me, my family, or friends, it isn't important (according to a certain someone) to me. I can't possibly just dislike something for not liking it at all. It must be because I have no relation to it at all and it didn't have any sort of impact on me or those around me, of course!

Ya know what? I guess the next damn time I see someone crash on the Interstate, I should stop whatever the Hell it is I may be doing and see if this person is alright, dead, or what. Sorry man. Call me heartless, but I'm not going to have a care in the world unless it's something I have an interest in.

I'm sure you're not much of a savior yourself, so go ahead and get off your damn soapbox and take your preachings somewhere else. The world isn't as kind as you make it out to be. Have fun living in Neverland, you delusional, immature, self-conceited punk.

I can't say I was a fan of CGS (seeing DOA on the list really killed it for me), so it's pretty hard for me to care. However, it is a loss to the social legitimacy of competitive gaming. Perhaps out of the death of CGS a new league can rise up with a bit more variety and slightly better managed that will hopefully attract more people.

NOOOO Now what will i ever do when i need to see people getting their asses beat in video games? Oh wait, i can just ask my friends to come over and it'll have the same effect!

Oh lawd. Why don't you guys just get your damn pitchforks and come lynch me already? Some of you guys make me so sad, seriously.

"BAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWW!! HE DOESN'T LIKE WHAT I LIKE, SO I'LL FLAME HIM FOR IT T_T!!!11111"

And poor taste? Pfft. How does this look coming from someone just coming in to reply to someone's post that was in "poor taste" instead of actually posting about how you feel towards the topic at-hand? Durr hurr, good job, idiot.

+1 to n00b

Whatever. You guys can just go cry moar about your loss. Obviously, unless it happened to me, my family, or friends, it isn't important (according to a certain someone) to me. I can't possibly just dislike something for not liking it at all. It must be because I have no relation to it at all and it didn't have any sort of impact on me or those around me, of course!

Ya know what? I guess the next damn time I see someone crash on the Interstate, I should stop whatever the Hell it is I may be doing and see if this person is alright, dead, or what. Sorry man. Call me heartless, but I'm not going to have a care in the world unless it's something I have an interest in.

I'm sure you're not much of a savior yourself, so go ahead and get off your damn soapbox and take your preachings somewhere else. The world isn't as kind as you make it out to be. Have fun living in Neverland, you delusional, immature, self-conceited punk.

Of course you are entitled to your disdain for CGS, but it's really not necessary to come in here and shit all over everyone who's disappointed that it's gone.

+1 to n00b

Yes, poor taste. If you don't understand that (and you probably don't), then it's no wonder why not many people like you here. My post was merely to point out what could have been an overlooked blunder on your part, by not realizing how your comment could be interpreted. You could have fixed this. I did not flame you, I (along with some others) just pointed out that your comment was inappropriate. That's me being civil, AND in good taste. But no, you just had to flip it around and fan the fire. Good job, dickfuck.

And you calling me a n00b? This coming from someone that called someone a scrub, then backed out from a challenge? lolz Say all you want, but if ever I play you offline, I'll be sure to mop your face up real good.

Thats too bad it got cancled would have liked to see it evolve and bring new games to the series. Regardless of what hate the others might say . The smarter ones know and realize that cgs had good potential but needed a few tuning.

internet_serious_business.jpg

But seriously....like BlackMamba said to Cha "sarcasm doesn't exist on the internet"...unless pointed so.

Ok that was uncalled for even if the intetnets is serious business.

on topic:

I don't really care what happen to CGS to tell you the truth, but I really don't get a shit anyway on it being remove.

Like Utsuse said...everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
CY - "It was a joke man. What is the point of taking it seriously?"

=P
Before this post is being taken seriously,I was joking.
PS: Except for the Utsuse part.

So can we not post about how we don't like CGS and are pretty much glad it's gone?

If so I think this thread should be changed to "MOURNING CGS LOSS [ALL HUGS NO HATE]" or something. It's shameful that people can't have a different opinion on CGS, because that means they are WRONG goddamnit!

Regardless of who you are or where your skills are as a gamer... CGS, in essence, was a good thing... It's an attempt to push this pastime (which I already consider a sport) into something tangible (because some people just can't see beyond sticks and stones)...

Although CGS is done now... The idea of organizing a league around something that requires such skill to be really good at it is still a good idea and is good for all competitive communities as a whole... If we keep trying, someone will come along with the right time and deliver it in the right way.

- I.C.E.

I said I wasn't going to say anything but this is getting ridiculous. Tetsuya, I have a very hard time believing you are 22 with the way you act on these forums, be it when someone questions you or when you're confronted. Are you going to college? Are you getting out the house? I ask this because you come off as a teenager who's been spoiled by his parents during his earlier years. You barely know anyone on this forum, yet act like you're some kind of veteran who can get away with whatever nonsense comes out your mouth. You aren't Cha Cha and you NEVER will be, so just quit it.

I have no idea what made you think you could say something like:

TetsuyaHikari said:
That sounds more like you just came home from a frat party and are telling your friends about losing your virginity the following morning.

and get away with it as "[/sarcasm]" when you are a nobody on this site. To top it off, I highly doubt you've befriended Tag long enough to be able to say something THIS crude and expect for her and everyone here to take it lightly.

Look, I ,too, hated CGS, from the cheesy music, to the annoying narrator during matches, to the utterly pointless coaches, to the referee that seemed to be aimed to appeal to the gamers that don't have everyday contact with females in their daily lives, etc, etc. The overall program's presentation did not impress me from day 1 and that never changed for as long as it went on. However, I'm not going to out right shit on everyone who disagrees with me. I'll simply state my reasons why I hated it and agree to disagree. Besides, Tag's and a few other's perception on the matter is completely different for the sole fact that they were involved in the program, unlike you who was simply a viewer, so at the very least respect that.

What the hell does knowing someone on this forum mean in terms of having a fucking opinion dude? Jesus christ.

If CGS was so great as a business you know what? It would still exist, today. But it doesn't so that means something (or multiple somethings) was wrong with it so it fucking tanked.

Am I glad? Yes. They were trying to build an audience for something that no one really gave a shit about other than the players. Compare that to starleague where it was built on a massive following that was already there. There's no massive following for competitive gaming in the United States. So it fucking tanked.

And it doesn't help that girls like me refuse to take anything seriously that split females and males like there's an actual difference between the genders. If you can't take the heat get out of the god damned kitchen. The words "Man up!" are not just for guys they're for girls too.

I mean look at Evolution. Shit's still standing, and growing bigger every god damned year, even though they make a few mistakes they still pick themselves up and continue to grow at a reasonable rate. They don't have sponsorship (they did for 2 years but just for prizes), they operate at a loss every damn year, and they still do it and put on a damn good show.

CGS? Sponsors, the whole nine. And yet.. they went under? If shit was so perfect then why did they sink?

Back