No more CGS... apparently...

So can we not post about how we don't like CGS and are pretty much glad it's gone?

If so I think this thread should be changed to "MOURNING CGS LOSS [ALL HUGS NO HATE]" or something. It's shameful that people can't have a different opinion on CGS, because that means they are WRONG goddamnit!

That's not what I'm saying at all. I'm just saying there's no need to attack those that are disappointed that it's done with. Tetsuya was not simply expressing his dislike for the series, he was needlessly rude to Tag over her opinion (which was different from his).

i wanna know how tag feels bout all this...i personally agree with the majority that it was kinda rude coming from a noob but whatever. Is she that hurt by his statement or can we go back to not caring if cgs is around anymore or not

At first it caught me by surprise,lol.
But quite frankly,I've had a lot worse things said to me. XD
Plus I'm not the type to take what's said on the internet to seriously anymore....was bad for my health to get so angry. :\
To be blunt,I don't really care,but I do appreciate you guys looking out for me.
But please,let's all just stop...

Like I said,CGS was a great experience,I wish it would've stuck around longer so that everyone could have gotten a chance to experience it,but sadly,it didn't quite go as planned. There were a lot of money issues involved on the first Season,like Dr.Dogg said in another forum "CGS gave out to much money to the players but didn't get some in return."
Plus the fact that the economy has gone to shit didn't quite help it survive either.
I wish for a Future CGS that is a bit more organized with a lot more opportunities for everyone to enjoy and for it to last longer.

SWEET....let the "not caring" comence once again!! as for the guy that said that rude comment: ur a bad boy...dont do it again...now get on with life!!

Aw so sad I was really trying to train to get in this haha :(

Oh wells I'll just have to settle with making the games..

The only thing that really irked me about CGS was it's presentation. It came off as cheesy to me. The concept of pushing the idea of competitive gaming to the mass is great, but it was the execution that killed it for me.

Perhaps if another CGS program is organized in the future, they will handle their presentation differently.

In a more relevant note, as unfortunate as this is (I think people kinda missed the excellent point KDZ made of CGS being our best shot at getting SC4 notoriety), I'm sure there will continue to be entrepreneurs that'll continue to push pro-gaming. It's proven to work, just not yet in the US.

One thing that would definitely be an excellent idea (though potentially hard for SC because it doesn't have the same legendary players that surround Street Fighter) is the concept of a fight-night. Anyone who doesn't listen to Gootecks' podcasts should give it a try, if only for old Pizza Hut gaming nostalgia. In that particular podcast though omni mentions the potential merits of having a "fight night" system in place to play up games, and using netplay to help bolster the scene across the nation. Granted, SC4's netplay isn't solid, but we're talking about down the road. It's definitely something that I think would propel pro gaming quite a bit, and best of all it starts at the grassroots level, from the community, like it should.

As a viewer, I don't miss it in the least. Every time I tried to watch any of the events, the desperate levels of hype they put out were so cringeworthy I couldn't get in to the matches...and I actually like DoA4. If I can't stand CGS, I can only imagine what it must be like for the people who think that game is ass.

Anyway, sorry for those of you who lost your extra pocket money, but they might as well have just burned that money as give it to you for as much value they got out of it. Hopefully, they are smarter about things next time around.

This isnt as necessarily a blow to the competitive gaming scene as mainstream. We still have MLG which, from what I hear is going gangbusters.

But it was a blow to fighting games in the competitive gaming mainstream. What do we have now? nothing. I wouldn't necessarily call EVO and the WCG as mainstream, they aren't televised.

Who knows when we'll see a televised league pick fighting games.

Another new guy here so ill try to pick my words properly...

Okay! So i've never actually WATCHED an episode of the CGS nor have i been majorly interested in what it had to offer in the beginning, but once i actually met the players (online and off) i kind of found a value for what it was trying to do. Although the players pick on the league alot, i feel it's given them a greater passion for what they do by tossing a spotlight at them. Sure, they tried to make their broadcast look like a mosh-up between American Gladiators and WWE with joysticks and keyboards, but as cheesy as it was they enjoyed it.

I'll go on to say again, i never actually watched a WHOLE EPISODE when it came on (then again i havent had cable for going on 3 years now), but i actually sat down at my computer to watch matches of my DOA playing friends that were previously broadcasted.

I don't know about the rest of you but i was excited when i watched those compared to when i watch them play in person.

The overall production was silly but they tried. DJ Wheat didn't know what he was talking about most of the time when it came to the DOA matches, but he tried. and the enthusiasm he provided when he called those matches made it all the more exciting. (Funny thing, i wanted to do commentary for a league like that do, and still want to). I can appreciate that. I feel that they tried to add hype and drama to show that there is a true passion and something of value in competitive gaming (that and to debunk that stupid ass stereotype of all us gamers being lonely ass geeks... LOL i wish they saw the marvel community)

The Cgs allowed me to meet alot of cool people, and the funny thing about that is, i was in NO WAY involved with it. I hoped to meet the rest of the pro DOA community and i actually was rooting for SCIV to get in so i can meet you guys as well. (believe it or not with the whole "Is DOA GONNA BE REPLACED BY SOUL CALIBUR" deal going on, it brought a nice amount of the SC and DOA community together... Don't know how you guys take it but I'm glad for that!)

SO yea, All in conclusion, I Know i pretty much made mention to what WCG, Evo, and the rest of your community-ran tournaments have already done, but i salute the CGS for doing it on TV, where they hoped to get a casual audience involved.

Hopefully they will return with slightly less gimmicks and bring the new generation of gamers together!

hope my opinion was valid in this thread

P.S.
before anyone asks, I'm a Virtua Fighter player

I laughed. Not because of what the CGL stood for, but because of the inherently flawed business model that I knew was going to fail before its inception.

I'm honestly surprised it lasted as long as it did. Kudos.

not really suprised here....
majority of the counter-strike community knew it would fail aswell
poor game choices who wants to see pgr,forza, or fifa??!?!!?!??!
poor rules for the games..they raped everything CS 10 rounds no pistols or eco rounds basically..most of the pros that played called the game garbage basically
it sux for everyone who was getting paid etc....

it is a hit for gaming in the US though sux in those terms
hopefully a league will pick up fighters sometime soon

when you are a nobody on this site.
Get real. You looked really stupid saying this but then you had to go and spout...
To top it off, I highly doubt you've befriended Tag long enough to be able to say something THIS crude and expect for her and everyone here to take it lightly.
Um, yeah. God forbid a girl gets offended without the white knights and fairy princess protectors of the internet going after the incredulous letch.

God, some of you can be so pathetic. I didn't know Tag was a girl until I explicitly read so and to be honest, that virginity comment Tetsuya made wasn't all that bad. Get back to your stations, knights. Your woman is safe.

Edit: and before any of you think I'm siding with Tetsuya, I'm not. KDZ was calling out random haters. Tetsuya assumed KDZ was talking strictly to him and unnecessarily started the shit by calling KDZ a smartass. So, yeah. Tetsuya dug his own grave but some oversensitive, pretentious people here aren't helping.

Get real. You looked really stupid saying this but then you had to go and spout...

Um, yeah. God forbid a girl gets offended without the white knights and fairy princess protectors of the internet going after the incredulous letch.

God, some of you can be so pathetic. I didn't know Tag was a girl until I explicitly read so and to be honest, that virginity comment Tetsuya made wasn't all that bad. Get back to your stations, knights. Your woman is safe.

Edit: and before any of you think I'm siding with Tetsuya, I'm not. KDZ was calling out random haters. Tetsuya assumed KDZ was talking strictly to him and unnecessarily started the shit by calling KDZ a smartass. So, yeah. Tetsuya dug his own grave but some oversensitive, pretentious people here aren't helping.

1) I'm well aware that I have little to no influence here. I'm content with that and act accordingly. Tetsuya, however, does not seems to know that he is the same position I am in terms of influence on this site and spews nonsense as if his input actually holds a decent amount of value. The "best on PSN" thread is the prime example. Calling people who beat him a scrub because he himself lost to simple tactics?

2) I'm not so much worried about Tag (considering she herself said it she didn't really care). I was more or less bugged by his attitude on the forums and the people here. It's as if, if you aren't a SC celeb, you get little to no respect or props from the guy. The "best of PSN" thread is the prime example of this yet again.

I'm well aware you aren't taking his side, as I doubt anyone would. So you didn't have to clarify that you weren't. [/offtopic]

Anyway, now that I think about "official" gaming programs, what ever happened to MLG? I never bothered to follow that at all.

I still maintain that you can differ in opinion without ripping into anyone doesn't share your particular views. Not to minimize Tag, but it could have been anyone that Tetsuya made that comment to and I would have posted the same thing, regardless.

Am I still a fairy princess, though?

I wouldn't necessarily call EVO and the WCG as mainstream, they aren't televised.

well, thanks to youtube and that EVO 3S match, any fool who's ever had an interest in fighting games knows about EVO now. now, if they happen to start searching for sponsors, maybe they can create a mainstream following...

anyway, my only problem w/ CGS was the execution. i didn't think they had the average gamers' opinions at heart... now if the next large-scale gaming league actually knew the ins and outs of the games (and the subculture in general) that they're showcasing... then maybe these leagues would see some success.

Back