No more limits... It's CaS Time!

People 101: the fastest way to lose potential friends is ignoring them.
See all the helpful shit that Pascuzzi posted for you? You only replied to the first sentence. And sarcastically too. Hell I could probably post the Star Spangled Banner here, and you won't even notice.
O say can you see by the dawn's early light,
What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming,
Whose broad stripes and bright stars through the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watched, were so gallantly streaming?
And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there;
O say does that star-spangled banner yet wave,
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?
Use your head, man. It's your thread, and you have every right to be jerk, but it just ain't gonna earn you no props :)

You're right. I'm sorry for being sarcastic. I tried to participate in the activity twice and I didn't do very well. I made myself look like an idiot. I just can't keep up with you guys. All those rules and standards, I don't even know where to begin. It took me awhile to think about it and accept it. My whole life, I've never really been good at anything and from that, I had to learn to live without having any friends as long as I didn't have any enemies. I've never even expected to get props or likes. I do what I do just because I like doing it, not because I'm good at it. Le_Bello is WAY above the levels of anything that I can display. Even if no one ever likes my threads and posts, me being able to do them at all is the only thing that makes me relevant on 8wayrun.

Last edited:
This is a display on a simple creation. I call her Hope

upload_2014-10-2_10-5-56.png

upload_2014-10-2_10-7-9.png

upload_2014-10-2_10-8-8.png

upload_2014-10-2_10-9-15.jpeg

upload_2014-10-2_10-10-20.png
upload_2014-10-2_10-11-37.png

I'm actually practicing on using the spoilers lol. I didn't do it right the first time.

Le_Bello is WAY above the levels of anything that I can display.

Sorry for being dumb but, what do you mean by this?
Anyways, who cares how you stack up to someone else - If you're happy with it, post away :D You'll find a lot of us are fairly laid back, so as long as you're easy going, we will be too. There's very rarely any issues, and if you do have any, lemme know and I'll sort 'em for you. ;P

All in all it's just great to see you with your own thread, pretty sure I've seen you here and there so it'll be nice to see how you grow :D

That was a compliment. You do things so thoroughly and well, I can't keep up with you. I always fall behind and end up not knowing what to do next. By starting my own thread, I don't have to be the slow one.

That was a compliment. You do things so thoroughly and well, I can't keep up with you. I always fall behind and end up not knowing what to do next. By starting my own thread, I don't have to be the slow one.

I'm not really sure what I do well but, thank you very much :D I'm just happy nobody's called me a bad mod yet :P

Your CAS give me an idea : they need one !
Take "Hope", it is a good name for a CAS, but barely transpires in the rather simplistic & barebone design.
For a CAS creation session to lead somewhere, you need to follow some kind of (artistic) direction and rely on a strong theme or mental image you can build all the CAS parts upon towards a coherent design.

Let us take hope : for me, hope is bright vivid colors, gentle face, beautiful apparel, light as a feather.
The way you started with white would rather evocate peace, then you'd need to build upon that (dove, feathers, sticker job).
Could also be a battleworn knight lady whose hope it to surpass the odds, both beautiful and damaged (you could use Hilde as a preset to get the face right, it would be great)

I don't think you need to do obscene pics either to get attention, been done before and better if you don't mind me saying.
What you need is to find a theme that suits you, put a bit more time into making one CAS stand out, one you'd be proud of when looking at and playing with, one you put finishing touches on from the proper voice tone down to a well constructed thumbnail, THEN you post it here and wait for the few senior and junior members still around to give you an honest review...

Hope it helps...

Came to think i barely EVER used face preset 6 lol
Are you telling me how to do my creations?

It's pretty clear from this response that you've got deep-seated psychological issues. I'm kinda miffed on behalf of my friend, Vil, but you're not to blame. I hope you find the strength to change one day.
That was just a question... If you said yes, I would have said. "Well if you don't like Hope, wait till you see Guardian and The Banshee." which I haven't posted yet. I had them created but then I lost my main psn account along with all my creations. Recreating them will take time. I think it's important that you know that SoulCalibur 5 isn't the only game that I use character creation in. I have to recreate in other games too. Here are some from other games.

White Knight Chronicles
upload_2014-10-3_13-42-41.jpeg

upload_2014-10-3_13-43-35.jpeg

upload_2014-10-3_13-44-37.jpeg

The Sims 3

upload_2014-10-3_13-45-59.jpeg

upload_2014-10-3_13-46-57.jpeg

upload_2014-10-3_13-47-44.jpeg

upload_2014-10-3_13-48-24.jpeg

upload_2014-10-3_13-48-58.jpeg

Even in Skyrim

upload_2014-10-3_13-56-11.jpeg

upload_2014-10-3_13-56-39.jpeg

upload_2014-10-3_13-57-3.jpeg

I'm a hardcore character creator who has had many creations. I told you that Hope was a simple creation which means that I wasn't trying to put any effort into it. I posted her because even though she doesn't look very good (as you say) I'm able to snap her into multiple stances even without being in CaS mode. It was just a quick show. I know you are trying to get me to do things YOUR way on my own thread. I appreciate the help. But for that to actually apply would have to be on your grounds or grounds that you'd have more authority in or that you're more familiar with than I am in. If this was Le_Bello's thread for example, you'll be free to criticize, boast at me or order me around like a slave because I wouldn't even know what to do in those threads lol. But this is just not that area. I hope you can understand that. I WILL allow you to tell me what you would have done differently... just don't specify that I need to do it too.

Attachments

• upload_2014-10-3_13-55-45.jpeg
    upload_2014-10-3_13-55-45.jpeg
    175.8 KB · Views: 128
And what's with all the name-calling? First someone calls me a jerk, and then someone calls me ignorant and now you're saying I have psychological issues. I haven't called anyone names at all... so am I really all of that?

The thing about Vil is he can often be a bit heavy-handed sometimes (lord knows we've had our spats) and can often words things a bit more blunt than he intends. It's not his fault, he's French. ;)

Just take the criticism with a grain of salt, if someone makes a suggestion that doesn't line up with your artistic vision, don't change it. Or see if you can incorporate some sort of compromise that improves your design, but overall it's your choice. Nobody will tell you what to do, just suggest things that might benefit.

And of course, doesn't matter whose thread you're in - Nobody will be bossing anybody else around. Except sometimes me. When it's needed.

My only advice here is to try and type like you intend - "Are you telling me how to do my creations?" looks to be standoffish, as though you're ready to argue. Instead, maybe opt for something more lighthearted if you don't mean to be brash? :)

Vil, maybe rephrase things a little more sensitively eh? We know you mean well.

It's no prob :) Tell your friend Vil I'm sorry. I can be uneasy too. It great to see that people like you, VILARCANE and brucege are sticking up for each other even when it's a matter towards me. I've never had any of that in my life. Not even online. Everything I did, I did on my own which renders me always sucking at everything I do lol. So I'm just naturally unfamiliar with bondingships and believe me... that stretches out pretty far up to the reason why most of my creations are only female. I really gotta change that lol. Now VIL mentioned using feathers and stickers. Normally I would do that just to make my character look cool. Sometimes too cool. Just ask REPROBEAN_CHILD :) I gave my female characters armpit hair while using stickers and I intend to do that again sometime XD. (Don't worry, I won't give them a mustache though lol but be warned... I may just make them bald) XD I wish I could show you my creation of Aang. Everyone loved it. When creating Aang, you'd have to use stickers lol. But until then I'll keep doing what I can do. I have no control over who would like or not like my posts.. or me in general. Usually it's because no one knows who I am which is why I'm not liked and I know I shouldn't expect to be anyway. But enough about that lol. You and everyone are free to share posts, pictures and creation photos in this thread anytime you like :) No rules, No limits, just get them in here lol XD. It's CAS Time!

I put just a little effort into this one. I call her The Banshee. I originally known her from Mass Effect 3. Here are a few original pics of her before the spoilers. I couldn't make her look as crazy lol but I did what I could do.

upload_2014-10-3_19-8-4.jpeg

upload_2014-10-3_19-8-25.jpeg

Here is my creation of trying to take a shot at this. Although I mostly did it my way and wanted her to be a bit unique.

upload_2014-10-3_19-10-47.png

upload_2014-10-3_19-12-16.png

upload_2014-10-3_19-12-59.png

And here are some snaps in action

upload_2014-10-3_19-22-7.png

upload_2014-10-3_19-22-35.png

upload_2014-10-3_19-22-55.png

upload_2014-10-3_19-23-26.png

upload_2014-10-3_19-23-48.png

I like your Banshee RCas, especially the hair build is very well executed. She definitely looks like she could come from Mass Effect.
Color palette matches between the parts (dark and light blue is a winning combo), makeup, eye color and equipment parts complement the design nicely. Maybe i would have gone for a slighly different eye color that would make the eyes stand out a bit more (purple, red ?). Also the lower part is a bit too dark so it hides the details of the equipement (maybe chose a slighlty brighter dark if it isn't the picture quality of course or my screen's contrast).
You could also use stickers to add some more grit or layers to the skin
Let me give you an example, to do the roots of the horns you could use a gray or skintone colored round patch sticker (or any other better one) that would bridge the horns and the skin

... but i respect if you want to keep it simple.

Too bad we don't see what/how you "painted" the weapon (i recognize Ivy i guess), and there is no pic of the thumbnail.

Nevertheless it is coherent and looking great both in editor and in-game.

Keep it up, i can definitely see the effort being rewarded here !

Why not go for the ugly monster version of it, it is doable imo and it would be fun to see the first pic you posted in CAS form. I am sure you can do it judging from this last one.

Long long ago, in another galaxy, i did this myself, come get some little banshee :)

c2bpffkna6xlzglmo.jpg

Last edited:
Not bad, especially the hair build is nicely done, and i like your pick of style to mimic Liara's biotic attacks.
The choice of the chest piece is excellent too.
What distracts me (apart from the lack of sci-fi details and flair eg. why the neck equipment, why nurse boots ?) are mainly two things :
1/the body proportions : Liara is supposed to be slender and sexy, so i'd advise to adjust things like thighs, etc.
2/skin tone could be more blueish imo, and the face could use details like freckles.

For a sci-fi CAS i'd definitely go for a more shiny/glossy look for the legs / undergarment...see my picture above for ref...
you could also go there for another take (maybe you drew inspiration from him in the first place, ignore this if you did :) :
http://8wayrun.com/threads/gabriels-cas-cornucopia-of-homages-originals-recolors-and-3ps.12512/

Hope it helps...

Back