[Northern California] Norcal Crab Shack

Yeah, the original plan was to stream the top four, but we would have had to wait for other tourneys to finish first, and people didn't want to wait around.

Good turnout today at around 30 entrants. Shame others couldn't make it, or else we could have gotten close to 40.

Also, guess who sucks at mirror matches?

<----- This guy.

Anybody going to the GC builder's meetup tomorrow? I'd show off my really early stick prototype and all the parts, but I'm really going to continue working on my model car...and it used up my weekend San Mateo trip, which is why I didn't end up at GC tonight.

I'll bring my setup as usual, just in case! I'll definitely be more focused on the builder stuff though.

Anybody going to the GC builder's meetup tomorrow? I'd show off my really early stick prototype and all the parts, but I'm really going to continue working on my model car...and it used up my weekend San Mateo trip, which is why I didn't end up at GC tonight.

I'll bring my setup as usual, just in case! I'll definitely be more focused on the builder stuff though.

What? If you mean you want to play at GC today I might be down.

I'm down for GC today, especially since I couldn't make the tourney yesterday.

Sounds like it was a lot of fun, can't wait to see vids of the matches =)

It was fun. If I wasn't almost dying now, I'd be down to play again.

Also, extra special thanks to NDK for sitting down with me post-tourney and helping me get the hang of Mitsu stuff. That was very much appreciated.

Don't we have Norcal Install at GC Saturday too? Apparently it'll be heavier rain on both days ~ I'm still down for both =)

Just to let you guys know for anyone interested, Norcal Install is going to be a two day event starting on Saturday. Also, I have more motivation to win NCR since Soakrates will yell at me if I don't.

Hey guys,

For those of you that don't know I'll be running SCV at NCR.

A patch was announced and it will be dropping 2 days before NCR. My question to you guys is do we want to use the patch for NCR or should we not?

My opinion is since there are no patch notes (as of yet) and how close it is to the tournament, I feel its best we don't use this patch for NCR, but I would like everyone opinion.

Please let me know,

Gene

MLG has stated that they will NOT be using the patch for those exact reasons.

AND

If Alexj doesnt win NCR......Ima shove my finger way past the first knuckle!!!

HRD

I said it on FB, and I'll repeat it: I'm in favor of using the patched version. It's doubtful that we're talking about sweeping changes and we're certainly not looking at additional characters, for one. Secondly, there will be no way for us to roll back our copies beforehand if we want to continue practicing on this. Logistically speaking, it seems rough. Thirdly, Namco said they will be releasing patch notes. I think we should just press onward.

Back