[Nov 2, 2012] Youmacon Battle Opera (Detroit, Michigan)

Since online registration is closed, anyone know how to get the pass for just the video game tournaments? The price? Any news on the actual dates and times of the tournaments?

Damn! I was actually gonna get Pre-Registered for Youmacon as well, but the registration is closed. I'm in the same boat as well LP since I want to go to this tournament, but I guess we missed the boat on getting the video game tournament pass for this event. If anyone has any info on how to get that pass, how much it'll cost, & any other useful info on this matter, it'd be greatly appreciated & thank you in advance for any help given on the situation.

I asked some questions and got some answers.

" I want to register for the Youmacon Battle Opera for the Soul Calibur 5 tournament. I'm guessing that the online registration is over. "
There never was an online registration.

" I want to know if there's a guarantee that there will be openings? "
I cannot guarantee any opennings. Tournament signup is first come first served. Soul Calibur 5 has a 256 person cap.

"where would I go?"
If you are just coming for the tournament, please go to the Renaissance Center. It is located at 4500 Renaissance Center Detroit, MI 48243. Once there, find the Ontario Ballroom. It is near that entrance you will find the tournament badge. If you are coming for the whole convention, normal registration is located on the motor pool level, right near the Starbucks.

"how much would it cost?"
The tournament only badge is $30. Tournament registration is at Cobo Hall. Tournament registration is $10 per tournament entered. Cobo Hall is located at 1 Washington Boulevard Detroit, MI 48226.

"and when (to include start and end dates and times of the actual tournament)"
Soul Calibur 5 is at 7pm on Saturday. All tournament signup starts on Friday at 4pm. The Soul Calibur 5 tournament ends Sunday at 10pm.
So, who's going? Hawkeye and I intend to go. Is there anyone who wants to split the cost of a room?

Right on. Good looking out with that info there LP.

I know MysticBill & I are gonna be heading up on that Friday. I'm gonna talk to Bill a little bit more about ironing out some more details for Youmacon.

Back