Votes: 29 17.7%
  • New School

Votes: 13 7.9%
  • Both

Votes: 107 65.2%
  • Anime? What's that?

Votes: 15 9.1%

• Total voters
digimon is considered Shounen actually. it's mainly geared towards a male audience because of it's action and quick to whit characters. but that's why I like Shoujo anime better. there are very few shounen anime i like. ghost in the shell, trigun, cowboy bebop, and wolf's rain just to name a few. but then again they are different than your typical shounen anime. they have in depth characters and stories. doesn't mean some people don't like shounen doesn't mean they should be in denial about whether an anime truly is or not.
Well despite it being a genre, shounen is mainly applied to and associated with Shounen jump on thought, but yeah.

Well despite it being a genre, shounen is mainly applied to and associated with Shounen jump on thought, but yeah.
not really. shounen existed long before shounen jump came out. just as shoujo anime and manga existed long before shoujo beat came out and anime as a whole existed before NewType came out. you get where i'm going?

not really. shounen existed long before shounen jump came out. just as shoujo anime and manga existed long before shoujo beat came out and anime as a whole existed before NewType came out. you get where i'm going?
Im just saying the association. The genre was there long before the company, but the big three sadly represent it.

Digimon isnt shounen. Shounen is mostly the bullshit bleach and naruto are. Overrated trash with irritating main characters, generic plots and motivations, exessive redundant power ups and the most infantile style of fan service. Just because Digimon has some bad characters doesn't mean they aren't charismatic to the audience if they have character I personally hate Season 4 but found the characters likable, not funny at all but solid. Were as everything about season 2 sucked.

Season 4's theme song was stupid to me. It felt out of place with the show.
Dude you DO understand your entire description is exactly what Digimon is right? It's what every show like Digimon is.
You can pretend it's better for whatever reason you have in your head, but it's a shounen show and one hell of a famous one at that.
MOST characters in Digimon are Bad, why? Because it's a kid show and they're rarely fleshed out to anything other then the stereotypes they're needed to be to fulfill the shows role. ALL main characters in the show fit this, none are exceptional in any way, they're all standard affair, for every season too.
Only a few of the villains are decent and even then.... man.
This being said Digimon in general has avoided a lot of flack by being actually entertaining, better writing, actual relationships grow man. TK and Kari all day yo.
And Digimon season 5 is the worst of em all by far. ... my heart sunk

hey guy I'm currently looking for a good anime :s I want something really good plz

-I love stuff like Kenshin, Death note, Code Geass plz help i need a anime!!!!!!!!!

hey guy I'm currently looking for a good anime :s I want something really good plz

-I love stuff like Kenshin, Death note, Code Geass plz help i need a anime!!!!!!!!!
If you're referring to action and something that has a good plot line, I'd recommend Trinity Blood. The art, music, and characters are simply amazing. It's actually my favorite anime of all times.

Gurren Lagann Cortez, Gurren Lagann.

and really darkwing, Trinity Blood is your favorite of ALL TIME? Have you seen.... anything else besides it?

Gurren Lagann Cortez, Gurren Lagann.

and really darkwing, Trinity Blood is your favorite of ALL TIME? Have you seen.... anything else besides it?
What are implying? The anime, the manga and the novel for Trinity Blood was absolutely stunning in my opinions. Currently, I'm rewatching Kuroshitsuji. Notice anything similar between those two animes? The art is elegant, the music is simply divine and the plotline is deep and full of twists. I was deeply saddened by Trinity Blood's ending but then I found out the the author died. T.T Everything had to end so abruptly.

Dude you DO understand your entire description is exactly what Digimon is right? It's what every show like Digimon is.
You can pretend it's better for whatever reason you have in your head, but it's a shounen show and one hell of a famous one at that.
MOST characters in Digimon are Bad, why? Because it's a kid show and they're rarely fleshed out to anything other then the stereotypes they're needed to be to fulfill the shows role. ALL main characters in the show fit this, none are exceptional in any way, they're all standard affair, for every season too.
Only a few of the villains are decent and even then.... man.
This being said Digimon in general has avoided a lot of flack by being actually entertaining, better writing, actual relationships grow man. TK and Kari all day yo.
And Digimon season 5 is the worst of em all by far. ... my heart sunk
Well there are differences between it and Naruto or Bleach, I mean at least the power ups make sense and stay generally consistant. Agumon > Greymon > Metalgreymon/Skullgreymon > Wargreymon
Season 1 had emotional moments. Angelmon's supposed death, Tai's flashback to kari, Mat trying to find himself.. all of the chrests required character development. It may not have actually meant anything later on but it WAS there. The first movie by far fixed what the show missed. They gave everything they had to beat Diaboromon. All seasons after that were indeed mindless shounen + monster of the day. (season 1 had actual bosses, not monster-of-the-day like crap called Pokemon) I mean asking for complexcity from a show 7+ is too much and a waste of effort since kids only watch it for the digivolving and simple humor.

Season 5 sucks satan's nuts but lilithmon is hot.

Digimon is so obviously a shonen anime, that this shouldn't even be up for debate. Anything targeted towards boys under 18 is shonen. End of discussion.

There are a lot of good shounen series out there (that imo are good regardless how old you are) but most of them are just generic fighting series with weak plot, generic characters, and juvenile humor.

Cortez: Check out Darker Than Black if you haven't seen it yet. I actually liked it more the 2nd time I saw it and now it's one of my favorites. Not a big fan of Season 2 but the first season is gold

I did too. what really got on my nerves was how professionally well they ruin the atmosphere in that show. everything would be super serious and i'd be drawn in and then a stupid half-assed joke would pop in and completely ruin it.

I mean in regards to the ending, it was a complete fan service, and disregarded everything the show was about (equivalent exchange right?).

I thought about putting Wolf's Rain on my to-watch list. (god I need to get netflix again)

My Current Top Three (because I can't remember 5 Anime show's I recently watched)
1. Gunslinger Girl
2. Last Exile
3. Damn, I really don't watch as much Anime as I'd like too.

oh yeah. silly me, i forgot a reeeally good one. Gunslinger Girl. that is in my top three. also one of the only anime i've watched where the art work changed from season 1 to 2 but the story and everything were still great. actually there was a part in the second season that actually almost made me cry. i liked the artwork in the first one better though.
My Current Top Three (because I can't remember 5 Anime show's I recently watched)
1. Gunslinger Girl
2. Last Exile
3. Damn, I really don't watch as much Anime as I'd like too.
i remember Last Exile. that anime had me hooked and then the ending was just sooo... anti climatic. but i still like the anime as a whole.

oh yeah. silly me, i forgot a reeeally good one. Gunslinger Girl. that is in my top three. also one of the only anime i've watched where the art work changed from season 1 to 2 but the story and everything were still great. actually there was a part in the second season that actually almost made me cry. i liked the artwork in the first one better though.
i remember Last Exile. that anime had me hooked and then the ending was just sooo... anti climatic. but i still like the anime as a whole.

What was that part? Where Pinocchio shot that little kid? Last Exile is great, steam punk aircraft. happy place... :)

Yes, I am halfway through season two, I think it is pretty cool.

What's it about? Oh, and that one you told me was 'Hidan no Aria' right?

Yeah it is about a school girl who joins a light music club but instead of practising they tend to just sit around drinking tea and eating sweets. It is funny and cute and a nice watch when you are in a good mood ^-^ Yeah Hidan no Aria is the one that my avatar is from :)

Yeah it is about a school girl who joins a light music club but instead of practising they tend to just sit around drinking tea and eating sweets. It is funny and cute and a nice watch when you are in a good mood ^-^ Yeah Hidan no Aria is the one that my avatar is from :)

I'll give it a look see later today. Hope netflix has it, trying to find decent quality stuff on the internet is hard.

Back