Votes: 29 17.7%
  • New School

Votes: 13 7.9%
  • Both

Votes: 107 65.2%
  • Anime? What's that?

Votes: 15 9.1%

• Total voters
Bleeping is fine, I find it actually to be funnier. Just a giant 'fill in the blank.'

Yeah i like the bleeping to, it does make it funnier, but im completely confused as to what demographic this show is aiming for, i heard its a kids show in japan, the equal to Invader Zim/Sponge bob and the like, however we in the west got some kind of demented Uncut version that's Hilarious!

I was in way implying shounen shows are bad nor that Digimon is, but Digimon is absolutely shounen in everyway, like the thought that it ISN'T doesn't exist. And shounen shows don't have to target an age group.

But all of this is silly, of course the power ups work, they're EVOLUTIONS, literally. A lot of shows have em, if anything Digimons upgrades were too linear, they're the definition of understandable.
And they knew this, which is why they keep changing to armor sidequests, fusion, transformations and all this to keep it going.
All this character development crap you keep saying exists in almost every, if not every, shounen show. Every show out there has the episode or arc dedicated to their character, diving into their brain, having them face something specific to them and then end the end becoming better for them self and the team. Every show has it......
And this movie you speak of, the english one where it was 3 decent japanese movies rolled into 1 terrible ass american one? That move was bad when i was 11 and it's even worse now.....
Wanna see a good version of it? Go watch Summer Wars. Same creator and director, same plot, 100 times better.

@darkwing, im implying that it, and now Black Butler, are only decent series. Trinity Blood had beautiful artwork and good music, but it was starting to grow itself thin even before the anime was over and then the ending was rushed because the creator died.... so i can't even imagine what the manga was like if it kept going thinner.
Black Butler..... ya it's only decent in general, it doesn't get any worse as it goes but it doesn't start off great either. And it's art isn't elegant, at least not the anime.

@darkwing, im implying that it, and now Black Butler, are only decent series. Trinity Blood had beautiful artwork and good music, but it was starting to grow itself thin even before the anime was over and then the ending was rushed because the creator died.... so i can't even imagine what the manga was like if it kept going thinner.
Black Butler..... ya it's only decent in general, it doesn't get any worse as it goes but it doesn't start off great either. And it's art isn't elegant, at least not the anime.
It guess it's all on a matter of having different tastes then. The anime I usually watch are supernatural. A darker one I've watched was Jigoku Shoujo and I thought that it was very good so I would definitely recommend that one. The third season disappointed me though. And another recent one was Angel's Beat and it was just so sad...but again, the music was quite good.

What was that part? Where Pinocchio shot that little kid?
no. that part put me more in shock than anything. it was the intro and i was like oh. well that's different. the part that got me was the episode where you finally find out where Triela (also one of my favorite characters) came from. it was the ending i believe. i mean even her handler started crying when he heard what she said after she woke up.

no. that part put me more in shock than anything. it was the intro and i was like oh. well that's different. the part that got me was the episode where you finally find out where Triela (also one of my favorite characters) came from. it was the ending i believe. i mean even her handler started crying when he heard what she said after she woke up.

Ohhhh that part. That show is so very very demented, but good.

GG: "Uh hey, Steven, we're going there now. Try to be cool."
Steven: "You going where? Oh.. oh your going there." /insert-moody-deppresonism

Ohhhh that part. That show is so very very demented, but good.
but it's cool because they don't sugar coat anything. stuff like that does happen. another reason why i liked it. they did operations that we know happen but don't hear about or don't really think about it because it's always an underground type operation. like the first episode of the first season. now when i go by a construction area I think twice about why they're doing construction.

but it's cool because they don't sugar coat anything. stuff like that does happen. another reason why i liked it. they did operations that we know happen but don't hear about or don't really think about it because it's always an underground type operation. like the first episode of the first season. now when i go by a construction area I think twice about why they're doing construction.

It was the first anime I had seen with such a heavy emphasis on characters, probably why I liked it so much. That, and the refreshing/realistic take on combat.

And I have a hard-on for the FN P-90. And silenced handguns...

I watch everything. Supernatural shows are high on my list lol, but that alone doesn't make a show good.

Angel Beats is fantastic, best show you've said so far. Jigoku shoujo is good too, season 2 as well, 3..... well you said it lol.

It was the first anime I had seen with such a heavy emphasis on characters, probably why I liked it so much. That, and the refreshing/realistic take on combat.

And I have a hard-on for the FN P-90. And silenced handguns...
that's another thing i liked about it. i watched Gunslinger Girl and after that i tried Madlax and Noir and after the fail that is Noir (besides its really good music) I gave up on girls with gun anime for a while.

P.S. i have the gunslinger girl soundtracks and I constantly find myself listening to the whole first season soundtrack. i even learned Tema II for Violin and Tema III for piano. but my favorite song is
so much emotion in the song. also been watching Gilgamesh. it's a gothic anime (which are pretty hard to find). starts off slow but after the 2nd episode it's hard to stop watching.

Just finished K-ON, makes me want to redo school all over again. Also I have discovered it is next to impossible for me to decide on what animes are my favourites as I love them all so much. ( Bar Angel Beats which has no equal in my eyes )

High school blows anyways.
depends on which one you go to and your status. I loved my high school in Indiana. had a band, was popular, and had tons of friends to do a lot of things with. then i moved to california mid way through my sophomore year and i didn't like it at all. the only thing i got out of it was forming another band and we're still together even now. but i hear high school in japan is about the same as it is in the romance comedy anime.

I don't actually think it made me happy or anything like that. It's just the experience. I wont be able to go back and do the things I missed. I'll never experience certain things. I think it's sad to know you'll never be able to do something because you missed the chance; you missed the chance because of your social awkwardness or your fear. Oh wait this isn't about anime. SOOOOoooooo does anyone like Sora no Otoshimono? God damn that was a good show.

that's another thing i liked about it. i watched Gunslinger Girl and after that i tried Madlax and Noir and after the fail that is Noir (besides its really good music) I gave up on girls with gun anime for a while.

P.S. i have the gunslinger girl soundtracks and I constantly find myself listening to the whole first season soundtrack. i even learned Tema II for Violin and Tema III for piano. but my favorite song is
so much emotion in the song. also been watching Gilgamesh. it's a gothic anime (which are pretty hard to find). starts off slow but after the 2nd episode it's hard to stop watching.
Fail that was Noir? You mean fail that was Madlax lol

Fail that was Noir? You mean fail that was Madlax lol
both of them made me facepalm. my dropping point for Noir was when the two girls took on the fricken Triad (with a little help from the third girl) and ended the fight without a single scratch. especially the park when they're all fighting on the stairs. all of that was WTF moments. i liked the maid from Madlax though. badass. just like the maid from Black Lagoon except she would own by an infinite against the madlax one.

That's ALL BeeTrain shows Vincent lol, everyone has script approval. Noir is their best girls with guns show by a lot... out of Noir, Madlax and El Calzador de la Bruja.

Still not as good as Gunslinger Girl, series 1 only, and Black Lagoon though

Back