Votes: 29 17.7%
  • New School

Votes: 13 7.9%
  • Both

Votes: 107 65.2%
  • Anime? What's that?

Votes: 15 9.1%

• Total voters
I just finished Midori days. One of my favourite comedies, very unique idea there though a lot more could have been done with it IMO. (I watched it dubbed and have to say I do like the voices of the 2 main characters. Midori sounds cute enough without exaggerating it and Seiji was pretty natural.) I call it very underrated.

I also finished Summer wars. I'd have to say there, I like the digimon movie it was based on a lot more personally. I've give my reasons why if any of you people watched them already.

I just finished Midori days. One of my favourite comedies, very unique idea there though a lot more could have been done with it IMO. (I watched it dubbed and have to say I do like the voices of the 2 main characters. Midori sounds cute enough without exaggerating it and Seiji was pretty natural.) I call it very underrated.

I also finished Summer wars. I'd have to say there, I like the digimon movie it was based on a lot more personally. I've give my reasons why if any of you people watched them already.
Summer Wars was a really fun movie to watch. it did remind me of Digimon when it came to the fights now that i think about it. i never finished Midori Days. i have the Vol. 1 DVD of it. the random unneeded nudity kind of killed it for me.

i never finished Midori Days. i have the Vol. 1 DVD of it. the random unneeded nudity kind of killed it for me.
Unneeded nudity? mmmeh, debatable, but it wasn't really destracting from the show's idea or episode plot. It was pretty modestly done IMO, it wasn't really supposed to draw your attention of focus directly to it or away from the actual characters like what Ikkitousen or Eiken horribly does. (I don't like Ikkitousen at all but whatever you do, do not watch Eiken..)

Summer Wars was a really fun movie to watch.
It was decent to me but, it wasn't what I hoped for.

Any people with Netflix here? any recommendations? the selection isn't very vast when it comes to the newer anime so meh at that. I'm looking for Comedy for some good laughs, an' underrated one, and one with a great plot with action preferably, i know there are some anime on netflix not shown you have to look for it yourself so this would be appreciated as im extremely lazy.

My taste in anime is well... eh' i'll let my most recent ratings answer that. (in the last 7 months)

For the plot/storyline w/action...
  1. Heat Guy J - 8/10 - Very Good
  2. Dragonaut - 7.3/10 - Good
  3. Baccano! - 9/10 - Fantastic
  4. Gunslinger Girl - 5/10 - Fair
  5. Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 9.5/10 - Incredible
  6. Gun x Sword - 9.3/10 - Amazing
  7. Gurren Lagann - 9.5/10 - Incredible
  8. Aquarion - 8.5/10 - Great
  9. Last Exile - 7.5/10 - Okay
  10. Kaze no Stigma - 8.9/10 - Fantastic
  11. Spice and Wolf - 10/10 - Unparalleled
  12. Darker than Black - 10/10 - Unparalleled
For the laughs...
  1. Hetalia: Axis Powers - 10/10 - Unparalleled
  2. Sgt. Frog - 9/10 - Fantastic
  3. School Rumble - 8/10 - Very Good
  4. FLCL - 9.6/10 - Adult Swim Classic - Incredible
  5. Ouran High School Host Club - 10/10 Unparalleled
Vampire Anime (hard to find!)...

1. Trinity Blood - 9/10 - Adult Swim Classic sort of - Amazing
  2. Black Blood Brothers - 8/10 - Very Good
  3. Dance in the Vampire bund - 7/10 Okayish
  4. Rosario + Vampire - 3/10 - Bad

It's worth noting i never really did finish watching FLCL or Trinity Blood as a series whole until netflix which is why i included them even though they were both aired on adult swim many times.

I haven't checked Netflix in a while now so im not sure what's gone in and out of the rotation.

Ya for comedy, Seto no Hanayome is a great one.

Action, but no real plot, tits, but no nudity High School of the Dead. Definitely a one time through show.

all girl action, Sekirei. I believe Sekirei is the single best show in that genre. Just enough mix between boobs, bubblegum laughter and serious story. With really good action.
FAR BETTER than Ikki Tousen, Tenjo Tenge, Queen's Blade, Koihime Musou, Master of Martial Hearts, Variable Geo or any other name you can throw in with it.

Sacred BlackSmith. A good fantasy show.

Baka to Test. Decent Comedy.

People still watch anime? Isn't it the same shit you watch every season in different colors?
no. you're talking about that mainstream cliched anime that most people watch because that's what is accepted by today's audience. Naruto, Durarara are good examples of cliched anime that have a lot of things that people have all seen before. of and Eureka 7. see mainstream anime! look what you do to people!

I can barely understand what you said there Vincent.

And Kingace be trolling
i guess i should stop sending long messages when i'm hitting the 24 hour mark of staying awake. summed up; mainstream anime is normally the same basic ideas just put in a different order with different characters. There's normally a bad guy or antagonist faction and a normally always a main hero with a group of friends to help them through trouble. normally just when the protagonist seems like they're in a fix, something miraculus happens and they make a comeback. Yu-gi-oh and Dragonball Z and Naruto are perfect examples of this. especially, yu-gi-oh. (fricken heart of the cards my foot).

no. you're talking about that mainstream cliched anime that most people watch because that's what is accepted by today's audience. Naruto, Durarara are good examples of cliched anime that have a lot of things that people have all seen before. of and Eureka 7. see mainstream anime! look what you do to people!

Replace Durarara with Bleach and I'll completely agree.

So where does Basilisk, FMA: Brotherhood, Black Butler, and the Marvel Animes fall?
mainstream. well i don't know about Basilisk but FMA: Brotherhood is definitely mainstream. black butler is as well. the other two i don't know. but wasn't Brotherhood made specifically because the first FMA received so well?

Any anyways, I'd recommend:
Baccano!
Durarara!
Basilisk
Marvel Anime X-Men
Ghost Stories in English Dub
Ghost In The Shell
FMA: Brotherhood (It's much better than the original IMO)
Darker Than Black (It's Alright)
Cowboy Bebop
Deadman Wonderland
Casshern Sins

Back