Votes: 29 17.7%
  • New School

Votes: 13 7.9%
  • Both

Votes: 107 65.2%
  • Anime? What's that?

Votes: 15 9.1%

• Total voters
Did you see Seto no Hanayome yet? If not, I think you'll like it.

Alrighty, shank ya', is it on netflix though?

A main order of Shonen, with a side of ecchi, decorated with today's animation, and a hint of harem. That's mainstream in a nutshell.

Pretty much, i don't exactly remember what Shonen is, but assuming it means anime like DBZ, Naruto, Bleach, Yu-Gi-Oh, One-Piece, Fairy Tail etc... speaking of Fairy Tail is anyone else keeping up with this series in it's latest episodes? pretty damn good show.

wow, sailor moon, I never got past the part of sailor jupiter's return. shit's got long history, man, I still remember reading the manga back when it was still serializing. I was 10 years old trying to know some sailor moon so I got something to chat with girls lol.

Today I picked up 6 new anime series.....

The ones in Blue were intriguing. The ones in Red are cliche/mediocre/confusing. Time for a Pocky Yoshi rambling review. Bold means dropping....

1) Dakara Boku wa H ga Dekinai
2) Sword Art Online
3) Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imouto ga Iru!
4) Hagure Yuusha no Estetica
5) Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon II
6) Kokoro Connect

Anime 1. In a nutshell, pervy guy is the lucky guy whose a temporary energy supply for the typical attractive yet condescending grim reaper searching for the one compatible person for her. For power or what not. Cliche. Because we all know what happens. Pervy guy and the grim reaper bond.

Anime 2. Felt like a rip-off to .Hack, but has it's own unique niche. The peeps can't log out and have to complete the MMO virtual world game to log out. If they die in the game, they die in real life. They can't remove the device that allows them to play this MMO or else it'll kill them. In general, I'm looking forward to this one quite a bit.

Anime 3. A recycled typical harem with 5 girls to one guy. Plot is one is the sister although the protagonist kinda clueless. Has to marry a chick since he's a son and successor of some deceased CEO or something.

Anime 4. Herp derp awesome cool player hero that teases ladies. Was entrusted to look after a lady who should not fall into evil hands. Characters are ok. Story is meh because I predict very cliche stuff.

Anime 5. I don't know what was going on here. Just magic, action with no explanation. The fanservice just turned me off since I'm not into "beyond giant" boobs. Dropping this one.

Anime 6. One of those weird animes that intrigue me. Art reminds me of K-on! Story is those cliche trends of oddity, but I'll stick around.

Yea, I will possibly get into the Persona franchise. I will start with the P4 anime, getting Ultimate arena as well.

is it anything like Mai-Hime?
Shikabane Hime: Aka

After being brutally murdered along with her family, Makina Hoshimura turns into a Shikabane Hime, a living corpse contracted to the Kougon Cult, in order to exert revenge on the mysterious undead organization responsible for her death. She is assisted in this task by Keisei Tagami, her contracted priest and former friend. This series follows the story of Keisei's younger brother Ouri, a boy with an unusual attraction to death, who slowly discovers his brother's secret and gets dragged into the world of the Shikabanes.

Shikabane Hime: Kuro

A direct continuation of Shikabane Hime Aka, taking place six months.

is it anything like Mai-Hime?
I've never seen Mai-Hime so I wouldn't know. But like Aminefreak said, it has a lot of action and it's really interesting.

Could you tell me what Mai Hime is about? :) I'd like to expand my anime list. So could anyone recommend an anime like Darker than Black ,Ramna 1/2 ,or Hell girl? I prefer action with comedy, and I'm not afraid of a little gore. I like mystery too.

Lol at the review. This anime looks interesting. I'll probably check it out. Hopefully it's on gogoanime.
I really liked it. Ignore what the dude said about the music. It's actually really good. composed by yuki Kajiura herself which is just under Yoko Kanno in anime composer fame and good works if not right along side her.

but i personally loved the anime. it has some comedy, some drama, some action, and a wonderful plot. and i myself was surprised and happy to see an anime that revolves around a female cast but doesn't bombard the viewers with fan service moments.

Ya that review is a joke. Mai-Hime is great, Its one of 24's break out hits that, to me, truly started the Millenniums next generation of anime.

The music is by far one of it's best points, Yuki Kajiura is a goddess among BGM and she dominates this show.

The show has good comedy, romance, slightly ecchi but not over the top , Top of the line animation. I mean it's done by SUNRISE, aka GUNDAM, Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star, etc... and they are the only company in which their shows have never looked bad. They can have bad shows, but it isn't because of animation quality.
The action is BIG, hugely fantasy and beautiful. The story is OK but the world is awesome and it fills the story out more. Mixed in with all of this is it is TRAGIC. The "rules" behind what they have to go through is sad and it almost made me cry a few times.
It's genre is "Action, Comedy, Drama, Fantasy, Magic, Mecha, Romance, School, Shoujo Ai " throw that in your pipe and smoke it.

This show is also the take off point for Mai-OTOME which is a sequel, kinda, and changes everything about the show yet keeps so much of it the same, really hard to do that. And Otome goes even bigger and has some of the greatest action sequences in any anime i've ever seen.

God damn i like this franchise.

Back