[Oct 25, 2014] Edge Master Series Major 2014 (London)

Silent Joel

[12] Conqueror
0wNItfZ.png

Platform

Xbox 360

Venue Entry
£10

Tournament Fee
£5 for each tournament per person i.e. 1 Team is £10 total

Saturday October 25th - SCV 2v2 Team Tournament
Character lock for tournament and no repeat characters on each team
Japanese Rules. Each player will face off one of the oppenents team members until all the members
are the team are eliminated in a FT1 match E.g.
Team 1: A & B, Team 2: X & Y. A plays X, and B plays Y. If X and Y win their matches, they
progress, but if X wins and B wins, X plays B and the victor's team goes through.

CaS, Devil Jin Banned. Dampierre TBC

Saturday October 25th - SCV Solo Tournament
Default VS mode (3 rounds, 60 seconds)
All matches are First to 3 wins.
Loser has option of character change or select stage of their choice..
Standard 1P and 2P costumes unless opponent doesn't mind.
Double Elimination bracket (Groups if enough people)
CaS, Devil Jin Banned. Dampierre TBC

Prizes
All tournament fees will go into the Pot and split between top 3.
Extra Prizes and Pot split TBC

Food
Many food close by like Cafes, Dominos and Subway. Also 24/7 Supermarket.
Short bus ride near 'London Park Royal Travelodge' Hotel are KFC, Pizza Hut, Nandos,
Chiquitos, Chinese buffet, Burger King and Costa.

Travel
Easyjet - Cheap airplane from different European cities

iDBus & Eurolines- Cheap coach with wifi and power points

BlaBlaCar - Share car journeys

Accomodation
Easiest/Cheapest way to get from hotel to venue is cab, which is very cheap if you are in a group
(4 people for car, 6 people for van)

Travelodge - 'London Park Royal' is a short bus ride and about 20mins walk from venue. 'London
Wembley' is a short bus ride too. Both hotels have a sale on at the moment and you can easily
fit 3 people in each room.

Bridge Park Hotel - Mix of shared en suite and with out rooms. Also has a hostel style room
which is very cheap. Short cab ride away from venue. Longer by bus.

I'll add more good hotels that I find.
Remember you can also stay at the venue overnight, which might cost more (I'll have to check prices)

Last edited:
Pre Registered/Interested list:

London
Silent Joel
Hyrul
WolfLoneThe
Bushy
Sotiris
J. Miller
Jesse
Temjin
Angelic Haze
Zanaken
Synalon
Sorry
LYSArachnid

Rest of UK
HolyCarp
Don Joff
Zero
Wyde
Phil O
TxA
Rakazuki
EndEverMore
Andyroo
Ssylus
Rudeboy
SiegNitro

International
Kalas
Adam
Kerrigan
Pantocrator
Gold Shad

Last edited:
sound I'll be making my way down if @rudeb0y doesn't mind me tagging along
btw will I be allowed to bring my PS3 pad with a converter?

I would like to go, if im allowed to use Dampierre that is.

Yeah it's fine, only problem is because he's DLC and it's odd to get it working. I'll bring my 360 anyway, so you'll probably have to play your games on my console.

I have the one that ZERO has, if he can figure out to work it people can use that as I won't need it.
then it should be good, HolyCarp brought his converter down to Rudeb0ys and I managed to get both mine and his working
but just in case, I wouldn't mind bringing down my PS3, I have Damp DLC aswell

As far as I can tell, the Mayflash converter is just extremely picky about which wired xbox controller you use to set it up. It didn't like mine, or Andy's, or Hyrul's. However, we tried it on one of Rudeboy's pads, and... it didn't work... But then we tried it on another one of his pads and it was fine! So yeah, it works, if you're lucky :P

Could be worth mentioning that when I used it on Rubeboy's xbox setup, I noticed a lag. I mean, it's possible that it was the lag on the TV rather than input lag, or I was just imagining it, but I'd recommend trying to test the converter out a little just to make sure you're happy with it and that you're not getting any glitches.

As far as I can tell, the Mayflash converter is just extremely picky about which wired xbox controller you use to set it up. It didn't like mine, or Andy's, or Hyrul's. However, we tried it on one of Rudeboy's pads, and... it didn't work... But then we tried it on another one of his pads and it was fine! So yeah, it works, if you're lucky :P

Could be worth mentioning that when I used it on Rubeboy's xbox setup, I noticed a lag. I mean, it's possible that it was the lag on the TV rather than input lag, or I was just imagining it, but I'd recommend trying to test the converter out a little just to make sure you're happy with it and that you're not getting any glitches.
it's possible the lag might've been the capture card, Rudeb0y tried to setup game-mode on the TV and it wouldn't register the console, it might've been because we were getting our visual input through the card and not through the console itself if that makes sense, but problems aside, just bring down a few wired XBOX pads, both times I used mine I got it working through 3rd party wired controllers...but yes testing may be required

Still not 100% sure if im going yet but i'll let you know on this thread about a week or 2 before the event.

it's possible the lag might've been the capture card, Rudeb0y tried to setup game-mode on the TV and it wouldn't register the console, it might've been because we were getting our visual input through the card and not through the console itself if that makes sense, but problems aside, just bring down a few wired XBOX pads, both times I used mine I got it working through 3rd party wired controllers...but yes testing may be required
Nah, wasn't the capture card; I was feeling the lag in casuals before we hooked up the card. And then when we played on the PS3 (which had the card connected), it felt better.

And yeah, what Joel said.

Nah, wasn't the capture card; I was feeling the lag in casuals before we hooked up the card. And then when we played on the PS3 (which had the card connected), it felt better.

And yeah, what Joel said.

I see, I see well just in case shall I bring down my own ps3 just in case, the mayflash converter, as we know, works both ways...but then I assume a monitor is needed

Oh that's a point, I haven't thought about where I'm gonna sleep this time. Yeah, if you haven't found anyone else, I could probably take you up on that offer.

Back