Ohayz

Cohen

[08] Mercenary
Hi, i'm pretty new here. (also screwed up the sign up so it's not my usual pseudo here lol).
So, i'm the King of Penguins on shoryuken.com, i'm not new to the soul calibur games, been playing them since Soul Edge on ps1, but SCV is the first one where i want to get good at !
I'm from France (World champions at soul calibur \o/), Paris so maybe i'll find some offline scene (if anybody got tips about it, feel free to give me pointers ^^) but the pristine netcode of SCV give a reason to be more than "best of my super-casual friends".

I'm new to the FGC in general, actually Marvel vs Capcom 3 gave me the motivation (easy combos) to actually push myself a bit. From there i went back and forth between Mvc3, Blazblue, Umvc3, blazblue and so on...(i now consider myself good at mvc3 not PGM evo winner.). So i'm a bit low on execution (when things get FAAAAST (i main Lambda in blazblue, she got long damaging combo where you got time to think about your moves lol).
As far as general attitude go...i think i'm pretty okay, i GG a lot, never send hatemail, nothing to me is "spam" (i.e, if the same move is beating over and over again, it's my goddamn fault for not countering it). But i'm enjoying hitting the corpse of the opponent/tauting, it's funny :P (been having some funny hatemail about it, some dudes takes videogames way to much seriously for theyre own good.).

Enough about other games. Soul calibur now.

I main Nightmare since...well i mained siegfried/Mitsurugi in Soul Edge and i'm dropping mitsurugi in SCV (thinking about picking patroclos and or Natsu as a secondary choice). I lost my ranked win streak yesterday making my record 14-1 in ranked lol (i'm sure i'll get plenty destroyed when i start to face opponent that know better than to mash AA or BB).
I'm looking forward to all the tips, general discussion and CaS here ^^.

Welcome to 8wayrun!
We're glad to see more SRK people here.
I'm a slow player myself, which is why 3D fighter fits me better.
Things like Blazblue with their 6 frames attacks are just waaaay too fast to guard on reaction.
I hope you enjoy Soul Calibur as much as I do.

Make sure you head over to the soul arena forums and make some new friends.
I am sure we could all learn from each other.

Soul arena? i cant seem to find it xD

my psn id is Leroidespinguins by the way ^^.

I just read character name and not the section...yep i deserve that [01]Neophyte title lol

Back