Ok, i'm here.. Where's the frame data i should be looking at???

lespaulphoenix

[10] Knight
I'm Les Paul Phoenix, currently, not playing SCV seeing as how its not been released where i am right now... I'm still on SCIV at the moment... When i'm not at school, working out or playing my geezer im playing videogames because well, their fun. Because I have so little to do i find myself getting better at playing them... That and I really like winning. Hard to imagine, i'm sure.
My major issues is getting used to a lag because my favorite characters are Nightmare and Seigfried, I find myself pounding away at the buttons and much to my dismay finding my character getting pounded on my someone i KNOW i could be beating. That's super fun.
I know and have gotten yelled at because I have issues with my tactic, its easier for me to ring someone out then let them use their speed to corner me and the over toss or NMs 2+3 grapple is just easy to execute... I've worked on these issues and have been not yelled at so much unless by certain kids who shouldnt be talking about how much I suck because, well there are always gonna be idiots no matter where you go. I promise i'll be nice to people who randomly message me. And i do apologise if i have seemed brass on PS Network... As all would know these games get quite competitive and a lag doesnt help when you're not good at the game to begin with.

Welcome!

I see your using Tekken notation- we use different notation for SC which you can find here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDDfI554mQs&feature=player_embedded

Or in text format here: http://8wayrun.com/threads/basic-notations-and-terminology.58/

As for frame data you can find that in the Wiki, the tab up top.

Any other questions?

(PS: Good players don't consider RO's cheap, so if you keep ringing your opponent out, as long as it's not via a lag tactic which throws aren't, it's fine. Anyone who tells you otherwise is uneducated on how to deal with RO's, so that is why they are likely complaining.)

Also, SC5 isn't out yet.. it doesn't come out till 2012.

-Idle[/
Welcome!

I see your using Tekken notation- we use different notation for SC which you can find here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDDfI554mQs&feature=player_embedded

Or in text format here: http://8wayrun.com/threads/basic-notations-and-terminology.58/

Any other questions?

(PS: Good players don't consider RO's cheap, so if you keep ringing your opponent out, as long as it's not via a lag tactic which throws aren't, it's fine. Anyone who tells you otherwise is uneducated on how to deal with RO's, so that is why they are likely complaining.)

Oh, thanks alot, i really appreciate any help i can get. I'll look at that video. If i have Q's i'll be sure to ask.

Hi! Welcome to 8WayRun! Siegfried and Nightmare user huh? Interesting. PSN? I might add and have a battle if you wouldn't mind.

Don't worry about people yelling at you on PSN most of them are uneducated and until you really have a deeper grasp of good offline play it's hard to determine legit complaints about lag abuse from a scrub not knowing what he's complaining about. The golden rule with online is NEVER take it seriously. It is impossible to play competitively with the type of lag we have and the nature of the game. There are VERY FEW people within the top 100 who are even decent at the game offline. If you want to play online, play in Player matches with people you meet here and you'll learn a LOT more and have better matches.

Never feel like RO's and grabs are cheap. RO's can be sketchy if you're using lag to abuse getting it, but that's a gray area of everyone's take on what lag abuse is, so just use your judgement but still go for them. Hilde is the only character that really gets people salty over RO's. Grabs are 100% legit. NEVER feel you should refrain from a grab if you think it will work.

GL welcome to 8wayrun.

Don't worry about people yelling at you on PSN most of them are uneducated and until you really have a deeper grasp of good offline play it's hard to determine legit complaints about lag abuse from a scrub not knowing what he's complaining about. The golden rule with online is NEVER take it seriously. It is impossible to play competitively with the type of lag we have and the nature of the game. There are VERY FEW people within the top 100 who are even decent at the game offline. If you want to play online, play in Player matches with people you meet here and you'll learn a LOT more and have better matches.

Never feel like RO's and grabs are cheap. RO's can be sketchy if you're using lag to abuse getting it, but that's a gray area of everyone's take on what lag abuse is, so just use your judgement but still go for them. Hilde is the only character that really gets people salty over RO's. Grabs are 100% legit. NEVER feel you should refrain from a grab if you think it will work.

GL welcome to 8wayrun.

I figured that the Lag had alot to do with it. Often times, it feels like eating soup with a fork. :/ Thanks alot for your input and if you are inclined, i'd be nice to play you sometime. Take care.

Hi! Welcome to 8WayRun! Siegfried and Nightmare user huh? Interesting. PSN? I might add and have a battle if you wouldn't mind.

Yep Seig Nighty and Vader are the guys i'm using the most right now... When i get to a more satisfactory place with them , i might try to pick up Cervantes and Mitsurugi... I would be glad to play you!!! my nickname on PSN is the same as on this forum, unless you would prefer me adding you intsted, either way, i look forward to playing.

Yep Seig Nighty and Vader are the guys i'm using the most right now... When i get to a more satisfactory place with them , i might try to pick up Cervantes and Mitsurugi... I would be glad to play you!!! my nickname on PSN is the same as on this forum, unless you would prefer me adding you intsted, either way, i look forward to playing.
Great! I'll add you tonight (GMT Time) and if your on we'll have a battle :)

Welcome!

Any other questions?

done! It'll take time, but i'll be able to make the connection soon enough.

Back