Omg is she coming back?!

I've got to admit I am so pissed off that Taki won't be in this game. My initial reaction was to hate this new character as much as I could since it meant that she was replacing Taki. But, then I decided to be open about it and I'm actually kind of interested in her. First of all, I think that if they put Taki in another game, her gameplay would essentially be the same. They really haven't drastically changed her moveset for as long as I can remember (lol as far as I can remember is SCII) unlike characters like Ivy who've changed a lot. It would bore players to keep doing the same thing. Of course hardcore Taki fans wouldn't mind but it wouldn't switch things up. Keeping the moveset but giving a dif character means they can keep her moveset but change the moves themselves as they wish without as much apprehension. It should be interesting to play as a Taki character who has dif moves. Also, as long as they make her story interesting, I'm fine. I just don't want Taki to go in vain. As long as she's just as interesting as Taki I'll be good. Hopefully Taki will be in some mini movie or something :DDD

Taki's not coming back. We're not going to have a Cassandra/Sophitia scenario here. When they added Cassandra they gave her her own distinct look. The new ditzy teen's got the costume Taki's had since the beginning of the series plus in one of the screenshots you can see an exact duplicate of one of Taki's soul possession attacks, I believe.

Hardcore Taki fans who won't accept any substitutes, abandon all hope.

Yea the Taki clown has her 66B and her sword fan technique.

I still just don't see how they could get rid of Taki, it's like removing Chun-Li from streetfighter or Kasumi from DoA!

I'm tryin my hardest to accept this, but man it's a low blow to the nuts to see one of my 2 favorite heroine characters replaced. I've been a Taki fanboy since 1996. Hell give me a Taki skin if need be like they did Eddy and christie in Tekken 6.

Lol, I wonder how all the Ivy fanboys (no offense to you IFB) would respond if their character was removed from the game.

Lol, I wonder how all the Ivy fanboys (no offense to you IFB) would respond if their character was removed from the game.

I could answer that, except I'm gonna use Yoshi and Mi-na my two favorites. Yoshi doesn't make it, I'd be sad but move on. But, it would force me to use some other male that can fit my soul. Mi-na? I'm already prepared to see her gone due to her motives in the story. If she does get in, I'd wonder why. I'd be happy to see my character, but in terms of satisfying the majority, I can't be spoiled and selfish like that guy in that vid Kidvicious posted. By satisfying the majority, we reluctantly have to let go of fan favorites at times. Just like we can't have Solid Snake(just as an example) forever, they aged him to Old Snake to have the last hurrah before dying like the honorable man he is......if anything of what I say makes sense. Taki to me was a chick I grew very fond of as a kid and still love to this day. As you say, she's like the Chun-Li of the series. If Mi-na wasn't around, I'd probably shifting my attention to her.

Probably in a cut scene or mentioned in the story. The most I could hope for is that she Becomes a whole new ninja character.

I'm not going to get my hopes up, nor do I think they'll actually do this, but one reason I wanted to keep Taki in the game was that after 17 years, her fighting style would have changed so much. Characters like Mitsu and Sig who after 17 years are really still able to do anything they did before aren't totally affected by this. Taki on the other hand was doing flips and rolls and tons of acrobatic shit all the time. After 17 years when she's getting older, I'm not sure she'd still be able to do that. While that seems like a bad thing, that was why I wanted her in the game. If Taki was unable to use more acrobatic moves, the natural thing that I could think of to make her more interesting would be tons more magic moves. An older Taki who's a ninja master with elite magic powers? Badaaaassss. It'd still be Taki, but a totally different and cool moveset.

i know how most people feel since i main taki from soul edge too.But i hope that we will get her as an alternative costume at least.
Well she might get a major role in the story.A boss taki would be fine(also think positive , u can unlock her later...)

after soul calibur 3 I lost my interest in taki. she was loosing my interest more and more with everygame. I loved her most in SC2 (especially her signature scream) but now that she's gone (as a playable character most likely) I'm not too sad at all. but if she does return it would just be the bonus character BS all over again because Natsu pretty much has all of Taki's moves unless taki has a drastic move list change. Cassandra returning would make more sense to me because there's no one in the game that has a move set like hers yet.

my theory is sophie and cassy will return and weild soul calibur and soul edge and will become bosses bc that seems to be the new rumour going around lately and it kinda makes sense

I, personally, think you all are crazy.

one, I think sophie, taki, (insert replaced character here) will return as DLC costumes for their respective style.

second, I think Taki has the personality of a dead spider, at one point it was striking and interesting, but now its just an ugly stereotypical mess.

third, Natsu may in fact be the polar opposite and be a yun-esque girl. Don't knock her 'till you try her.

foooooourth, I really, really, reeeeeally hope neither Cassy NOR Sophie return. I appreciated both of them at some point in the series, but to have four similar styles, all of whom blonde and turquoise eyed would make me want to vomit.

fifth, CaS is your friend, if you miss taki, recreate her with the new and improved CAS mode.

sixth, I don't really have a sixth point, I just felt like putting this here.

fuzzie ur not a fan so you cant rly say much especially bc why would u make a character thats not in the game its not the same thats lame and boring plus u dont like cassy or sophie bc well who knows y either way ur imput isnt needed were thinking positive while u think negative go do that somewhere else

Back