Online Amateur Tournament Signups

TiZ

[11] Champion
This is a tournament where lower-level players can test their mettle and improve their skills against their peers. There is no country restriction, but do keep in mind that the majority of entrants will likely be from North America, and if you lose your match because you had a bad connection with an American, the only thing I'll have for you is a "that sucks, bro."

There are, however, restrictions to filter out high-level players from entering:

1. You cannot enter if you have placed top 8 at a major.
2. You cannot enter if you have placed top 25% at an online tournament. (So top 2 for an 8-man tourney, top 4 for 16-man, etc)

These restrictions will be enforced. If you try to enter, and I find your name matching any of these criteria, you will not be permitted to compete. If you try to use an alias to enter, and I connect you back to a high-level identity, you will not be permitted to compete. Please be a good sport about this. I don't want this to fail because of griefers. If you place highly in con tournaments or small local tournaments, that's okay.

The same standard rules for tournaments apply here too:

1. Stage selection is random.
2. Only the loser of a game may switch characters.
3. All sets are first to three.
4. No CaS or custom outfits. Custom colors are okay.
5. Obviously, no Devil Jin.
6. Dampierre is allowed.
7. Viola's backthrow infinite is banned. I don't know of any other real infinites than this one.
8. There will be one tournament for XBL, and one tournament for PSN. You may enter both.
9. Tournament format is dependent on number of entrants:
If 8+: Double Elimination
If < 8: Round Robin

Double Elimination:
This works just like the regular onlines. I'll create a bracket on Challonge, you'll report your match results to me, etc. I'm not going to create a giant PM thread like UnseenWombat does because that's too much noise to have all the time. Just get in touch with your opponents yourselves. If a match isn't completed by the deadline, I will start a PM with the participants of that match, figure out what's going on, then make a decision. Whoever makes the least effort to get the match done loses.

Round Robin:
Everyone fights everyone once. This will be much different from DE. Challonge does technically support round robin, but it's a bad round robin because it tries to enforce a match order. So I will instead just use a LibreOffice spreadsheet, export it to PDF, and upload it somewhere for people to check on. The winner of a round robin tournament is the one who wins the most matches. In the case of a tie, there will be another match. The cool thing about RR is that you can fight any opponent in any order you want. Which works out great in person, but will be logistically more challenging here. So here's what we'll do. If a tournament runs round robin, the participants will post what times and days they're open to fight, and this will help you decide which opponents to contact. The way deadlines work here is very much an individual thing. They are much more spread out than DE's deadlines, but you must have a certain number of matches done by the time the deadlines come, or you will be disqualified and all the matches you've had up until then will be invalidated. The first deadline will be more demanding than the others because you'll have a wider selection of opponents to fight; more people to get into your schedule.

Deadlines:
Signups end Wednesday, June 26. Official start of tournament is Thursday, June 27.
July 1: Double Elimination first round complete.
July 7: Double Elimination second round complete. Round Robin 3 matches complete. This one's bigger than the others due to Independence Day.
July 12: Double Elimination third round complete.
July 17: Double Elimination fourth round complete. Round Robin 5 matches complete.
July 22: Double Elimination fifth round complete.
July 27: Double Elimination sixth round complete. Round Robin 7 matches complete.
August 1: Double Elimintion seventh round complete. Round Robin tiebreaker complete.

If RR completes early, the tiebreaker match, if it happens, must be completed five days after all the matches are done. If you're in DE and can't get a match done within a deadline ("fuck, I am on vacation away from my console for like a whole week!") let me and your opponent know and if it's okay with him/her, you'll get an extension, and will be allowed to catch up with the rest of the tournament. If you're in RR and have a vacation, get as many matches as you can done before then, and let me know if it looks like you won't make a deadline and I'll give you an extension. The deadlines are in place mainly to make sure people get their shit done and don't laze about. If you're being lazy and holding shit up for no good reason, I'll DQ you.

XBox Live Entrants:
1. Wandrian (Wandrian Grey)

Playstation Network Entrants:

May as well throw my name into the hat. I'm probably as bad now as I was when I first got the game, though the AI isn't a challenge unless I use Viola. I promise, I have the single worst Viola in the history of ever and it makes my other characters look god tier D:

Edit: Second thoughts I shall withdraw.. if I ever was in, in the EU area. :b Does not seem right with me.

deadpool_wolverine.jpg

I'd love to participate but, you know. ):
My searches indicate that you haven't entered any online tournaments, and your highest placement in any major is 9th, which means if you want to enter, you're good to go. (Still though, good job on 9th!) So, do you want in? Or is there a flaw in my search method that caused me to miss something?

i want in
No can do, sir. http://calibur.8wayrun.com/threads/winter-brawl-7-results-aftermath.15949/

My searches indicate that you haven't entered any online tournaments, and your highest placement in any major is 9th, which means if you want to enter, you're good to go. (Still though, good job on 9th!) So, do you want in? Or is there a flaw in my search method that caused me to miss something?

No can do, sir. http://calibur.8wayrun.com/threads/winter-brawl-7-results-aftermath.15949/
I got 7th place at ECT. They put my name in wrong (NinjaGuy, not Ninjaguy446). http://8wayrun.com/threads/east-coast-throwdown-5-results-aftermath.16317/ But thanks anyways! (:

I got 7th place at ECT. They put my name in wrong (NinjaGuy, not Ninjaguy446). http://8wayrun.com/threads/east-coast-throwdown-5-results-aftermath.16317/ But thanks anyways! (:
That didn't come up in the search results for the Tournament Aftermaths forum, for either "Ninjaguy" OR "NinjaGuy". It looks like that little results blurb isn't searchable. I need to find a way to pull up user accounts on the Rankings page.

In any case, thanks for the honesty, and congrats on 7th! :)

My GT doesn't have a space and also I got second in one of the online tournaments to IRM(you can ask him yourself). Just wanted to see if you'd catch it. :P

My GT doesn't have a space and also I got second in one of the online tournaments to IRM(you can ask him yourself). Just wanted to see if you'd catch it. :P
Ah, shit. I forgot to search the online tourneys for you. Thank you as well for the honesty.

EDIT: Looks like there's not a good way to search the online tourneys since UW just leaves results in the Challonge bracket and doesn't post anything in the thread... This means it's going to take a lot longer to validate signups.

I'd join to support, although currently in the sad excuse for a June online tourney and even if I lose I'm technically already in top 8. I don't even think 8 people were on the xbox side, so I don't know if that counts.
On another note, I kind of want to play you Tiz, so if you'd be up for some games I'd be down.

Also, Meathook, why do you feel the need to shit on this? Everyone in general, really.

Back