Pascuzzi's Blog Posts About Nothing

I don't know why you insist on using the king trunks though.
I got the idea for Ken after LordDraco3 asked me to show how versatile King's trunks could be. He's basically a finished version of a model showing how King's trunks could be applied to a samurai-themed CaS. I guess I just liked the initial result so much that I didn't want to change it too dramatically. However, you do have a good point about switching it out for something that would make more sense. I'll play around with that, next.

hqN6u.png

That jepack Algol is fantastic. Nice job finding a good use for what is normally seen as a completely useless dlc pack.

That jepack Algol is fantastic. Nice job finding a good use for what is normally seen as a completely useless dlc pack.
For me, finding unexpected and uncommon applications for CaS parts is a huge source of enjoyment. It pushes a person's creativity and, depending on the results, can be very rewarding, not to mention that it makes your CaS that much more unique.

I'm having trouble making a decision. I recreated Cassandra twice using her SCIV 1P as the base. I only want to keep one of them, but I'm having trouble figuring out which one to keep. Part of the problem is the fact that there are only three special equipment slots, so it's ultimately a choice to keep certain details over others. So, I'd like to gather your opinions. Which one would you keep and why?

Original Cassandra
YP3qs.jpg

Design notes:
- Guardian's Neck Cloth with pink hexagon and upside-down lotus flower stickers was used to recreate the SCIV 1P's shawl.
- Bat wings were used to reconstruct the coattails.
- Details sacrificed in switching from original to this design: bow hair tie(defining characteristic), neck ribbon (good to have, but ultimately unnecessary)
- Shortcomings: it is difficult, if not impossible, to more closely approximate the front of the SCIV 1P waistcoat with the bat wings.
- High points: the Leather Tunic more closely approximates the SCIV 1P's shape than the Noble's Dress; the Guardian's Neck Cloth serves as a better shawl than the denim pocket sticker.

Tonight, I have a literary recreation that I threw together for Le_Bello's Euro Contest.
t6pyl.jpg

Without a doubt, Don Quixote is my favorite literary figure (though I didn't even finish reading the entire story). Yes, he is actually just a senile old man who read one too many chivalric novels, but here's something about wholeheartedly believing in and striving for the fulfillment of an ideal, through delusions and a disregard for common sense, that resonates with me deeply.

There's also the part where he's a crazy old fuck playing some kind of really intense make-believe. That kind of thing's always fun.

gZVfp.jpg

Design notes:
- Technically, Don Quixote was a nobleman, but he was a little poor. He is also depicted in armor, reminiscent of European medieval knights. Taking this all into account, I went for a look that combined tranished, somewhat rusty armor over dirty, old clothes. Accordingly, I aimed to use colors that were more washed out than what I'd normally use.

- The tiger stripe pattern was used to impart a worn, poorly maintained look on the Jodhpurs, Warrior's Belt, Silver Gauntlets, Pauldrons, and the tops of the Justice Boots. Rusting on the Steel Plate was done by use of a camo pattern as was the cracked leather on the hands and boots.

- The Golden Helmet of Mambrino (which is really just a shaving basin) was contstructed with the Thief Bandana and two pairs of Rabbit Ears. The area under the Rabbit Ears was stickered white to simulate a bandaged head. Motif 88 was then placed over the back of the head, signifying possible injury to the occipital lobe, the visual processing center of the brain. I would think this would make visual hallucinations possible, like seeing dragons where there should be windmills.

- A Turtle Shell was scale patterned and resized to construct a shield to go with Don Quixote's lance.

You have a lot of really great things here... but what I really love is the sense of whimsy ... Algol 3P: (FLY AWAY!) seems so Pulp to me (like old Flash Gordon serials) and I love it ...
:)
...and your Don Q (made for the European challenge?) is awesome. I was thinking of entering my conquistador ... but now... I will have to find something new !!!

sense of whimsy...I was thinking of entering my conquistador ... but now... I will have to find something new !!!
Haha, I'm glad you have as much fun looking at my CaS as I enjoy creating them.

Why would you need to find something new? If it's because Don Quixote and a conquistador are from the same country, that's not a problem. I think the rules allow different entries to represent the same country. In fact, I think two different contestants have both entered Scottish warriors.

Haha, I'm glad you have as much fun looking at my CaS as I enjoy creating them.

Why would you need to find something new? If it's because Don Quixote and a conquistador are from the same country, that's not a problem. I think the rules allow different entries to represent the same country. In fact, I think two different contestants have both entered Scottish warriors.
LOL you're right ... I think I made that rule up myself... :)

If you stop creating designs for Fabulous, I'll consider your work a pile of shit

U_U

WE DEMAND MORE FABULOUS!!!!XDDDDDDDDDDDDD

If you stop creating designs for Fabulous, I'll consider your work a pile of shit
I could say so many things, but instead, I'll say this:

I'm happy that you enjoy my work. I'm also very sorry that the rest of my work doesn't strike as deep a chord with you as Captain Fabulous does. I want all of my work to leave a good impression and to be known for high-quality and enjoyable CaS, so I'll keep working hard to capture your attention and bring a smile to peoples' faces with each character I make. As always, thanks for viewing.

Kind of had a bad night, tonight, but I didn't let that stop me from making stuff. Here's my entry into Pocky-Yoshi's Iron CaS: long sleeve dress competition.
21xCP.jpg

I found the Long Sleeve Dress surprisingly hard to work with. I wanted to create something that would show off a case in which it would be preferable to use the Long Sleeve Dress over any other top compatible with, say, a Medium Skirt. I don't think I really found one, here. Nonetheless, this is what I came up with.

They say "the clothes make the [wo]man." The Long Sleeve Dress strikes me as a conservative article of clothing, so I let that guide me when I settled upon the prohibition era gangster theme. Felicia is a mafia princess. Contrary to her name, she is usually very serious and all business, rarely showing any emotion.

Design notes:
- The pseudo-fedora hat was made by combining a Fez and a flattened Cone.
- Two circle stickers make up the buttons on her vest. A grey-colored zipper sticker and a brass-colored Bolt make up her belt.

I've finally managed to max my first 50 slots with these two CaS. They're both relatively simple by 8WR standards, but I'm quite happy with them.
8CobX.jpg

Nothing fancy. Just the Natsu aspect of my Blue and Gold series. Also, until I see canon evidence that Natsu is Caucasian, the blonde ninja will always look somewhat off, to me. Until then, I'll be here enjoying my Natsu-with-a-plausible-hair-color, thank you very much.
So7JC.jpg

Non-Filipinos and non-boxing fans, please excuse my dirty immigrant flag-waving for a moment. This recreation of the modern-day boxing champion was originally a joint venture between my cousin and me.

Design notes:
- A max size square sticker on the right leg and two hexagons make up the three color sections on the flag on the Boxing Trunks.

With these two rounding out my first 50, I'm ready to move on to a new set of blank data. It's gonna suck not having everything readily available, though. NB/PS really needs to expand slots, if at all possible.

You bought the boxing parts =)
Since I didnt, what about trying to recreate Dudley and Mike Bison(J)/Balrog(U) from Street Fighter?

Hello! It's been awhile! ^_^

It seems that I need to reply and to a few of your latest creations in this thread. Here goes ~

1.) Your first version of your Cassandra looks better than your second. Why so? Because the former looked a bit more simple, yet clean-looking to my eyes in terms of overall design. But that doesn't mean that the second version looks bad (far from it, in fact).

2.) As for Felicia's overall design, there's only this to say: "She's incredibly classy!" ^.^

3.) I like the way you do the Gold, Dark Blue and White color schemes on your characters. You don't mind if I attempt this on some of my own designs, yes? ^^

4.) Manny Pacquiao...?! o.O

Really, man? I'm impressed! :)

...And there you have it. I sincerely hope you're going to improve on your CaS works. You really show a LOT of promise, and I think you'll do great wonders in your next few designs. Later... and thank you, too! m(_ _)m

Manny Pacquiao?.... most excellent. I love it when I see flashes of peoples proclivities in thier CAS. Really wonderful. It made me smile. (^_^)

recreate Dudley and Mike Bison(J)/Balrog(U)
Thanks for the idea. I'll be attempting that, next.

Yes, hello again, friend. Good to see you.

- I thought the first one was a more complete design, too, so I've kept that one. I just with there was some way to get those darn split coattails on her.

- Well, it's not like I can say "no, you can't use those colors, ever." Really, there's nothing stopping you or anyone from using those colors. Go right on ahead.

- It's been frustrating trying to achieve the same quality that's expected out of the bigger names around here. I feel like I've hit a plateau, already. However, it's still fun to put in the thought and effort into making quality CaS, so hopefully I'll still continue to improve.

I love it when I see flashes of peoples proclivities in thier CAS.
I know what you mean. Things like that are cool, because not only do you get to know a little bit of the person who posted the CaS, but if their result is also good, it's relatively unique. Not many people out there would be likely to pull off the same thing the poster did.

It's a crime to post one of my idols, Manny Pacquiao. Nice Manny and other stuff. Maybe I should learn some tagalog.....
A crime? Hope I got away with it, then. Wouldn't want to pay any fines...or worse...

Also, I'm not 100% fluent, but I took 2.5 years of Filipino in college and still speak a little bit of it every day. If you ever have any questions, I could help you out.

I didn't even know the latest DLC was out until a few hours ago. The general consensus seems to be on the negative side, so far, but I've been enjoying it. It had just what one of my originals needed and she was in dire need of an update. It also helped me put the finishing touch on one of my regular character alternates. The links below will take you to the updated designs.
Algol 3P: FLY AWAY!
Celia

Also, sorry about the delay on the Street Fighter boxers. It's just that I could get these guys out faster. They'll be next when I get to my 2nd batch of fresh data slots.

A crime? Hope I got away with it, then. Wouldn't want to pay any fines...or worse...

Also, I'm not 100% fluent, but I took 2.5 years of Filipino in college and still speak a little bit of it every day. If you ever have any questions, I could help you out.

I didn't even know the latest DLC was out until a few hours ago. The general consensus seems to be on the negative side, so far, but I've been enjoying it. It had just what one of my originals needed and she was in dire need of an update. It also helped me put the finishing touch on one of my regular character alternates. The links below will take you to the updated designs.
Algol 3P: FLY AWAY!
Celia

Also, sorry about the delay on the Street Fighter boxers. It's just that I could get these guys out faster. They'll be next when I get to my 2nd batch of fresh data slots.

It's good to see someone making improvements on their base designs, man. Thanks again for your reply also! ^^

Back