patch wishes

twiggywales

[08] Mercenary
seeing as most chars seem to have a patch thread lets have one here,

what would you like to see if we ever get an update patch.

personally i would like to see 2 major changes, ROA hit mid ( i would probily make a mess in my pants if this happened) and make CF able from stance. as well as a slight tweeking to make him a bit safer.

Not sure who I saw suggest this, I think it was binary Breakdown, anyway, make it so that you can hold WL as long as you want, just like his PSL3 impact, and make it so that you can go back to looping from WL.

personally i would like to see 2 major changes, ROA hit mid ( i would probily make a mess in my pants if this happened) and make CF able from stance. as well as a slight tweeking to make him a bit safer.

If by "CF" you mean "critical finish", he already can perform critical finish from his stances, like after LI .

RO A as mid would be a very drastical change (like redoing RO). I prefer a slightly faster and safer RO B (like the old RO BBB), to keep RO A untouched. A mid RO A would probably mean that they will tone down its frame advantage or speed because that would make RO B useless.

I would like 2B+KB to be combo on everybody, on all ranges (this is half done alerady, they just need to finish the job) and increase the hit stun, so you aren't at -8 on hit (LAME!).

As for doing LO BK, mid, mid, people would just GI the kick all the time, so they better add a cancel to the kick, even if they leave it as high. (A decent cancel).

I personally would LOVE to enter WL from neutral position, just pressing B+K, and 6B+KBBBA should be the old B+KBBBA, which will help his FC punishment game. =)

Fix or redo PSL3 so you always GI horizontals, as long Maxi's chucks glow. This includes never deactivating the GI window once it started (like with 6A on block)

psl3 needs more GI frames as mentioned

a mid LO K will be sweet

safe stance cancelling post 6A

ohhh and BL A needs way more range, and confirmable

I want his auto gi's to actually auto gi and I want his tech crouching moves like rising A+B to actually tech crouch...

His B+G throw should ring out behind him.

I don't mean as far as say, Nightmare's B+G throw, but if yo uare right at the edge it should ring out.

Maxi's Broken Destiny Wishlist

Let put here what we're missing on Maxi, and maybe send a general concept to Bandai Namco, to let Maxi better.

What I miss:

- SC3 2A+B(could really decide a fight and was a very good Low)
- SC3 3B+K (Sams as 2A+B)
- SC2 4 A+K (It could help a lot, Maxi don't have much range, so, range this would do the fight even fair against range guys)
- GI to K attacks (When you're looping, you oponnent just need to hit with a K attack, Nightmare's and Astaroth's 6K are nightmares do a Maxi Player sometimes)

This is my opinion! Show yours!

make B+K string easy to do. that's all. there's a JF version of the move anyway, no reason for the normal version to be so hard to do

^Correct. Really don't get the thinking on making the timing -that- akward on the NQ version.

erm moves that tech jump

FC 1AB
236A (albeit very small)
wrKK
66K (dont know if youd class it there though)
ROK
LOBK
RCKKK_RCKK:K
RCB
RCA
WLK
dont know if youd include things like 7_8_9A_B_K cos really there just jumping moves

first of all, I'm 99% positive this game is not gonna get patched again, so don't get your hopes up guys. But if they did i would suggest......................

1) Make RC B do more damage. They should seriously just make this move do like 50 something damage. Right now, the move only does like 30 something damage i think, which is rediculous because you basically have to predict a low for this to ever hit outside of a combo. Doing would also increase the damage off of CH RC B (hopefully to around 70 damage), which i feel currently has a not so hot risk-reward ratio.

2) Give him a few frames on his AA so that it isnt total suicide to have that blocked. It can still be somewhat unsafe, but with the fastest RC move at i19, -4 on block going into RC is just stupid.

3) Make WL GI some more stuff. I mean come on, Maxi's auto-GI is one of the hardest to actually apply and the reward isn't even that great. Look at asura, that thing GIs all mids (non kicks) AND tech-jumps and he doesn't have to be in a freakin stance in order to do it. Maybe if WL GIed all mids as well it might be a little more useful.

4) Give BL A more range (or make it more safe). I really just don't see why this thing has to be so short ranged. It's kind of a similar move to Setsukas 6k OR Mitsu 3A (i think thats the input) in that its a pretty quick mid that leads to stun combos on CH. The difference however is that Maxi's BL A has as bad if not worse range then those other 2 moves, while at the same time it's more unsafe and you must be in a specific stance to use it.

That's it for now. I'm sure i could of more stuff, but its probably pointless cause these changes are never gonna happen. I just generally wish that Maxi had some more reward to go with all those risks he has to take.

make B+K string easy to do. that's all. there's a JF version of the move anyway, no reason for the normal version to be so hard to do

So angry. I really wish they made this input easier. This and BL A being improved would dramatically change Maxi. That's all. All the other stuff is gravy, even the bug fixes.

I want CH WL A to have something available after it to really punish. That stun just makes your opp fall down. and what can you get really....a 236A....make it WL A go into LO or RC or something.

I want RO A[K] to be canel-able with simular if not the same options you cancel LI with

I want LI g to cancel into RC...id be all right with trading it with LO

everyone else has already mentioned this but i agree....BL A needs more range for shizzle

and for my last trick.....FC 1AB...instead of having that animation...follow me here.......make it look like...FC 1A RC B. and make it like !16.

HRD

I want CH WL A to have something available after it to really punish. That stun just makes your opp fall down. and what can you get really....a 236A....make it WL A go into LO or RC or something.

I want RO A[K] to be canel-able with simular if not the same options you cancel LI with

I want LI g to cancel into RC...id be all right with trading it with LO

everyone else has already mentioned this but i agree....BL A needs more range for shizzle

and for my last trick.....FC 1AB...instead of having that animation...follow me here.......make it look like...FC 1A RC B. and make it like !16.

HRD

WL A (CH) -> 2B+KB is combo

That'll be a nice cancel :) RO A should be mid too LOL

BL A needs more than just range though, needs to be hit confirmable

236B tech jumps right???
I would like to see his BL K backstep more... And his 33bA to have more range...
And I agree with tiamat on his rage combo...

Have you seen the Broken Destiny gameplay video of Maxi? His A+B now knocks away, instead of the shitty crumple stun. That means much better wall combos. =P

They already made something with Maxi, let's hope they made more than this A+B thing; let's not lose faith that these changes will be available on the normal version of SCIV.

Hotnikkels:
BL A needs to have a safe version or something, as well.

thats a nice change for maxi. Im thinking of getting a psp just to play this game. Good thing bamco is making changes. Im getting a little hype bout it now. Wasnt really all into it before.

was it me or in that vid did it lok like LI B is slower?

Another video of Maxi, the second fight:

I saw no differences whatsoever. Maxi looks exactly the same. BL A seems to have the same shitty range.

Raph, Mitsu and Nightmare got new guard crushers attack. Maybe this Maxi player didn't do anything new (he sucks anyway), but I'm kinda disappointed. Only time will tell.

Look at 5:49, maybe his AA is improved (maybe?).

Hot Rod Dave:
LI B seems the same to me.

Back