Patroklos Pre-Release Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been looking over pat videos and I noticed a few things

22B forces crouch and probably gives small disadvantage.

Also add testing 236B$ in a juggle into 236K on a delay/66A as a tech trap mixup... Maybe dashing into 236A to catch side tech.

WS KA causes a crumple stun. Only thing you can really follow up with is a 7_8K. It's an NC, though.

22B hits high, causes stun follow up with 3KK and 7K.

66A is a decent tech trap against rollers, not a very good move otherwise. 6BBB isn't terribly unsafe, most of the heavy characters can't punish it. Only Viola, ZWEI, Natsu, and Pyrrha could AA punish.

All in all though, it's way too early to be discussing move properties especially on a build that's nearly 3 months old.

WS KA causes a crumple stun. Only thing you can really follow up with is a 7_8K. It's an NC, though.

22B hits high, causes stun follow up with 3KK and 7K.

66A is a decent tech trap against rollers, not a very good move otherwise. 6BBB isn't terribly unsafe, most of the heavy characters can't punish it. Only Viola, ZWEI, Natsu, and Pyrrha could AA punish.

All in all though, it's way too early to be discussing move properties especially on a build that's nearly 3 months old.
6BBB is still not safe since the second hit is high.

I wish people would stop saying it's too early to discuss anything. We're discussing the current move properties. From there we can assess what changes are needed, or casually discuss how strong the character is or how he plays.

WTF is 7K and why is it your followup for 22B?

It's way too early to discuss move properties after I talked with the game designer and he said patroklos shouldn't see many changes in the final build?

Signia I got something else for you to test... 66A$ 2A+B 236K
Is 2A+B the toe stab?

I have a feeling 236K will do full damage to no-tech in a lot of knockdowns. Utoh said something about this on the NEC stream for the 236B$ knockdown. 3A, 236A, and 1A are pretty good candidates for tech traps, and 66B+K for no tech too, but that might be reactable and really unsafe.

I also plan on trying out an Amy-like playstyle when playing Pat. 2A+B is his knockdown low, and 66B and 1B are his safe knockdown mids. His knockdown-advantage looks amazing, like Amy, where the opponent would be stupid to try and interrupt from the ground. Pat's got a mid aGI, TCs, and TJs for reverse mixup. He lacks Amy's 6BB and 3A but instead has reliable step-kill. Interesting similarities, but Pat won't have nearly the amount of control Amy had due to her speed. Still, Pat might be quite the mixup monster if gets in close.

Pat nor ZWEI look gay to me, there just a brand of handsome known as Man-Pretty, hardly gay though.

Also i cam here to ask, how does one pronounce Patroklos's name? im going to be playing online with alot of friends and don't wanna sound like a complete noob saying the new characters names. but Pat's seems the hardest to say without sounding strange.

Also i cam here to ask, how does one pronounce Patroklos's name? im going to be playing online with alot of friends and don't wanna sound like a complete noob saying the new characters names. but Pat's seems the hardest to say without sounding strange.

Just Patroklos ! And roll the r ( spanish style )

does anyone else get the feeling that patroklos is going to be the first official gay character in the series and also voiced by the guy that did the cheesy custom character voices?
Please, he's the main character... that's far too risky.

Guy that did CaS Male 1 voice? Yuri Lowenthal... who has had a LOT of notable voice acting roles for video games and anime. I'm a little sick of hearing him, but he's a great VA.

for me it's all that hair gel that makes him look gay to me; I mean did they even have hair gel back then? and his outfit it reminds me of a gay matador. His outfit has back flaps it just looks pretty stupid. IMO.

make me a time machine and i'll do it; modern day doesn't apply to the time machine or my arguement with his hair
i think someone's jealous of Patroklos' flawless hair. shoot. I am too. but gelled hair hardly makes any gay in the first place anyway. i think you just don't like Pat period and are just making something up to express your disliking him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back