Patroklos Pre-Release Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patroklos remembers and hasn't seen Pyrrha since she was kidnapped. Apparently, Rothion is dead due to illness. Either Pat or Rothion himself made him the sword and shield he uses. Sophitia is dead or became evil.

EDIT: From another thread, taken from the latest EGM magazine.

Name: Patroklos Alexandra
Sex: Male
Birthplace: Athens, Ottoman Empire
Height: 5'10''
Weight: Refuses to reveal
Birthdate: September 13
Blood Type: B
Weapons: Short Sword, Small Shield
Weapon Names: Stigma Sword, Arcadia Shield
Fighting Style: Athenian (self-proclaimed)
Family: His sister, Pyrrha, was kidnapped, and her current whereabouts are unknown. His mother, Sophitia, was killed by a malfested, and his father, Rothion, died from illness.

so now that 2 new characters are introduced, we'll have plenty of ppl willing and able to help research him...myself included (he's hotter than maxi!). we all know that pat and pyrrha are gonna be used like there's no tomorrow, so my question is this:

who's gonna play around with their SC4 main (assuming he/she makes it) before taking on the new characters?

i know that i plan to wear the hell out of talim before i even touch pat!

I'm sticking with Sieg, but pats becoming my secon straight away - I'm gonna try a 50:50 thing this time around :/

As posted elsewhere, this video has some footage of Patroklos being played by a human player. It's not the best footage in the world, but it's something. It looks like he has a command throw where he stabs the target and then they remain standing (this may be unfinished), he also seems to have a fairly flashy uppercut where he takes into the air.

As for Patroklos' pronunciation, it's Greek so you're going to sound out every vowel. The correct pronunciation is PAT-TROUGH-CLUS. The name means "Glory of the Father". The name, I think, originates from the Illiad - the story of Troy. In most movie versions of Troy, Patroklos is given a fairly minor role, though he's a friend of Achilles. I think he's also mentioned in the Odyssey. The cat pauldron on Pat's shoulder is lynx, but there are no lynxes in Greece or anywhere on the Italian peninsula, so I'm guessing its an Iberian lynx found near Spain (and the Mediterranean Sea). The fangs are sabertooth and obviously exaggerated. At any rate, seems like Pat's done some traveling if he's got the skin of a lynx for shoulder-guards.

I know it's a bit early, but does anyone have any comments about the recent video regarding Patroklos' playstyle? It appears he doesn't have the signature Alexandra Angel Step or any stance moves to speak of.

Okay, since no one seems interested, I guess I'll start the conversation and maybe we can get something going on here. I know it's early, but I still would like to talk about Pat's currently seen moves and possible strategies with him. So I'll start with the video in my previous post.

Pyrrha vs. Patroklos - Pat's controlled by the CPU in this one, so we don't see too much style out of him. Of note, we see some sort of grab where he stabs Pyrrha and she crumples to the ground. I think this might be a command throw and might have similar strategies like Cassandra's 66B+G. Another move we see in this particular video is just after the throw; Pat crouches down then jumps up with an upward slash before coming crashing down with another slash. This move is particularly interesting in that it as a charge-up animation and reminds me of Xianghua's A+B in SC1 and SC2 and of Cassandra's and Sophitia's Gaia Tremors or Quakes where the player could do an instant version or charge it up into an unblockable version. I suspect Pat's version has similar properties. Another move found in this fight is Pat's quick little shield bash that seems to have Guard Crush or Break properties (or maybe it's an aGI).

Patroklos vs. Siegfried - Our first video of a human controlled Patroklos. In it we see Pat's 3B launcher and something like a 22B(?) where Pat launches into the air with uppercut strike that sends the target high into the air; it seems to have some evasive properties. I wonder if it's similar to Kilik's 22B. We also get a look at Critical Gauge move that hits three times with the final attack being a guard break and, if it hits, launches the target behind him for a BT attack. The move kind of reminds me of Sophitia's 66B+KAB. Finally we see the start up animation of another throw.

Other notable moves that appear in both fights such as a 1A(?) low that seems fairly quick and a 66B. We also see a mid-ish horizontal swipe and a quick gut-punch like attack from his shield (looks similar to Mitsu's 3A). We also see his standard BB and we can see that his Critical Edge is guaranteed after a launch.

For the most part, Patroklos seems fairly evasive, though not as much as his sister. He appears to have a very straight forward fighting style and might geared toward Pitbull-styled play. His shield bash seems like it could be a primary punisher, but might have some use in breaking guards or attempting to gain some frame advantage. He looks beginner-friendly and even a bit linear. We don't see much in the way kicks for this video, outside of a quick shin kick.

In other videos, primarily the trailer, we see Patroklos use another three-hit string that looks like an AAB - two horizontal hits with his shield followed by a stab that stuns the target and sets up for an Alexandra-styled flip kick. The three hit string's attacks all appear to hit high though the last hit might indeed hit mid. In the interview video on Gametrailers we also see an 8WR mid-hitting circular kick and a snap kick and maybe a 2K(?), though it's hard to tell. We also see something of a blade-kick and another acrobatic aerial starting with a kick into various vertical slashes that eventually downs the opponent. We also see something of a heavy-hitting downward slash attack resembling one the Alexandra's SC2 moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back