[Philadelphia, PA] 1-800-GET-THAT-CHICKEN

khent, why did you even bother playing on that machine that didn't have mina on it? i wouldn't have played the match if my main wasn't up. that really was a bad move on your part.

but can you give me the directions to sporko's place? i don't have work on saturday, but i'm interested in coming.

The address is

2049 Brown Avenue, apartment E12
Bensalem, PA 19020

Take I-95 to exit 37 (if you're coming up I-95 north, you'll make a left onto Street Road. If you were coming from I-95 South, you'll make a right onto Street Road.)

You'll drive about a half mile down street road and at the third set of lights, you're going to make a left onto hulmeville road. You won't be able to miss it, it's the big intersection with a mcdonalds on your left, two big shopping centers to your right.

Once you make the left onto Hulmeville you make a right at the very next light, that's Brown Ave. You'll drive a couple hundred feet and my complex will be on your right, you can't miss it.

We normally get together around 2 to 2:30 on saturdays.

I'll be there at 6 with a gift of pepsi. We should try to film a few matches tonight as well since we got central jersey coming.

Alright, tomorrow (today, I suppose) is looking like it's going to be a solid little group.

We've got me, sean, larry, anthony, phil, jay, chuck the landslide and maybe rigel

We've got a full house, so if anybody else wanted to show up, my apologies but you'll have to wait until Saturday

Whoa, Landslide is coming?!

Misc-OhSnap_Bear.jpg

Oh by the way, I know Phil knows how to get here but in case you guys aren't driving together, I just want to make sure Jaxel knows that those directions I posted a few posts up were for people coming locally.

If Jay were to take I-95 south from where he lives, that would eventually turn into 295 north and then *back* into I-95 south later, but that would add like 50 or 60 miles to an already 60 mile trip.

So, Jay, if you're driving, you should look up your own directions, heh. I'd tell you the route I've been taking to get too and from your house, but I like saving time so I take the toll roads. So unless you feel like paying 5 or 6 dollars in tolls both way, I'd make sure you get your own directions, heh.

Great games to everyone I played tonight. Wish I could have stayed longer. Anyway Doug, what time should we be at your house on Saturday? If we can do it at 2PM that would be good.

Cool. That works for me since I get out of work at 12:30 that day and won't have to dawdle around before picking up Zack. We should do something big for dinner that night, like going to one of those fancy resturants on Street Rd.

And dude, I gotta say you've gotten so much better. You're seriously a pain in the ass to deal with when we fight. You limit my movelist because of all that Voldo TC stuff. If it wasn't for that Vader nonsense I won with in the first match just so we could listen to the imperial march, I might not have held on for another to win that set. 4A is the nuts for me, and your Voldo beats it everytime. You have no idea how much I rely on that move unless you've seen me fight other people. Zack has gotten really good too. I can't penetrate this motherfucker's defense for shit. I broke my remote in two last night because I was getting so annoyed. And Larry....if he blocked those gimmicky lows I have more, he'd be really hard to deal with.

So anyway, I'll pick up Zack at 1:30PM and we'll be there at 2PM. And this time for sure we're gonna film matches.

You, Sean, Larry, Anthony and, unless something's changed (or unless I misunderstood Anthony), Whoazz

hey khent, good games tonight man. there was still a bit of lag for a 5 bar connection. it effected some of my moves, combos, and blocking game. not to discredit your playing or anything, but i'm sure you noticed some lag on your end as well.

as far as our games go, i really need to stop falling 2B+K. i fell for it nearly every damn time. but as badass tournament player yourself, (^_^) what do you think of my mina? i know i'm far from perfect. the inconsistent connection effected me a little (missing a few attacks, moves, and blocks), but not so horribly that you can't get a sense of how i play. any tips would be appreciated.

oh, and i also found it insanely frustrating when my FC 1B would miss you completely even when you were standing still and at mid range. i think it happened to me on like 3 or 4 occasions against you. it's happened to me a few times in the past, but not so many times against just one person.

Those were good games tonight. And yes, there was lag. Plenty of it. It affected us both. As for me, I'm not much of a badass in tournament play because I've never placed higher than 25th (tied with 6 or 7 other people) in tournaments with 40+ people. But I constantly play offline with good people so I'm getting a good education.

As for you, I can tell that you're a pretty sharp player by the way you react and play the situation in a fight. As for the way you play, you're fine online. Abuse whatever you can to win there. As for offline, I have to be honest and say that it will take quite a bit of adjusting based on what I can see. Case in point(s):

Things I liked:

- Your use of 7B. Worked very well for you, and will catch chasers even offline. Good work with that. That was something I learned from you.
- 2A+B cancels. I can't remember the follow ups you were doing, but the fact that you were using them at all is good. Don't feel discouraged when I WR K'd you out of that one for the win, it happens.
- Throwing. Yes, use them. She's got good throws.
- You know her moves well enough to block what I was throwing at you.
- Good setups for 44B.

Things I feel need improvement:

- 66B on block into FC 1B. Don't be fooled by the fact that I kept eating the low. I'm almost positive that it can be stepped offline (which is what I kept trying to do), and then you're wide open. And FC 1B whiffs through the legs everytime at closer range. It's not a glitch.

- 6BB. I was guilty of relying on this move myself, but I almost never do it offline. It's unsafe, and good Sophitia/Cassandra players will 236B it everytime. I'm not sure how good Mi-na can punish it, because it wasn't working for me. 6BA is okay to use.

- AAB. Offline this can be punished hard. The B on block is unsafe unless it's at tip range. Just use AA unless you've scored a counter hit.

- 4KB. This move is really good, but unsafe. I punished it everytime with 6B+K. Definitley use it, but sparingly.

- Use 3A+B and 1A+B more. They lead to a lot of good block and tech traps. You were picking that up in our last matches though.

- Ducking. I've learned how to make good use of 2B+K because she doesn't have any safer threatening mids to use on crouching opponents except that one. When saw your habit of ducking, I used it everytime. And never, EVER duck when your back is to edge against another Mi-na player. I knocked you out the ring 2 or 3 times with 3bK. If you're worried about getting rung out by her Crushing Soul throw, just stand up and keep breaking B while guarding.

Other than that, you did well. Are you available tomorrow to come to Sporko's apartment for a session?

Haha, retarded favor to ask for anybody who reads this before they come over today.

Any chance you could bring quarters? I'd pay you, obviously, it's just I need to do laundry and I thought I had more than I do and I don't feel like running out to the bank just to grab change, haha. It's no big deal if you don't/can't, I'll just run out after we're done tonight or do it tomorrow morning. And don't go out of your way, I just mean if you have quarters laying around.

Doug, before I bring the Pepsi over, I'll make sure the cashier gives me quarters as change. How many do you need?

And I was hoping we were going until at least 11:30 tonight. That way after I drop Zack off I can just head straight to work without having to go home.

Back