[Philadelphia, PA] 1-800-GET-THAT-CHICKEN

I need about five bucks in quarters. If you can't get that many, I understand, but I've got three loads of laundry to do and enough quarters to do one, heh.

Jesus H Christ dude, 5 dollars?!?! I'll see what I can do without getting laughed out of any establishment where I ask for change.

haha, don't worry about it man. I can do laundry tomorrow. I know I've got at least a buck or two in quarters in my car. I just figured I'd post this and maybe a few people would bring a buck or two each. It's not important, just thought, "Why not ask?"

wow, that was a lot more than i expected. thanks for all the advice. and you are absolutely right about offline play. i'm going to need to adjust myself accordingly. in fact, i noticed this when i was playing in casuals against this one guy last saturday. it was literally my first time playing a truly good opponent offline. i played my friends here and there, but they suck to tell you the truth. while all the matches were close (went to final round), they really felt a little "off" to me. i had to readjust myself for offline play. i think i did that because managed to beat his cass and mitsu once a piece in the last two fights we had.

- for 33KB, i seem to catch a lot of people off guard with this move. most people either stop blocking after the kick, or the block low for the second attack. i'm used to playing those people, and i kept forgetting that move probably isn't the best move against you. i usually like to follow it with 1BA, if the B connects. it's really atrocious how it's not a NC even on counter. also i can never get 33KB to connect on the 4KB combo online. i get it every time offline though.

- i'm really guilty of overusing FC 1B after 66B a little too often. i usually only go for FC 1B when the 66B nails the guy. a lot of the time, i'll mix it up. after 66B, i'll either FC1KK or WR AA if the opponent starts side stepping and is in range. i have idea why i didn't bother to do that with you.

- you're right about AAB. but from what i remember, the few times that i did nail you with it, it was on CH. and were you trying to GI the last hit or something? every time i did AAB on you from a distance, you would always get hit by the last hit.

- and i really wanted to get the 4KB combo off on you. i also noticed i should stop doing 22AA-88AA on you unless i am at tip range. that move is pretty unsafe on block too. but to be honest, i didn't want the second A to come out. no matter how hard it tried to not complete the second hit, it would always come out.

and i'd say we were even in our matches until i picked my "lag taki." i'm still interested in going to an offline tournament (preferably something a lot smaller than regionals). i'm sorry i couldn't make it to sporko's place. i'm still interested in playing you offline though.

Good games to everyone last night. Especially Larry. He's falling for less of my gimmicks and is thus making the fights harder for me. One thing though man - you gotta stop letting me hit you with FC 1B so much. Try to keep stepping at long range so I can't abuse it. Or, you can block low from range and be safe from it. But remember that it does moderate soul gauge damage so stepping it is a better idea. Anyway, it's good to see you have the motivation to play this game.

And Doug, you left a pack of cancer sticks in my car. There's two left. Should I just bring them Thursday or toss them?

Thanks Sean. The matches are getting better. Too bad you didn't record the one where I won the first one, you won the second one, then I won the third one. It was a fun match to play--some good stuff that could have been up. My matches against Malice weren't so entertaining. I played terribly against Anthony, and he played well.

But, we'll keep the Thursday night fights and the Saturday afternoon rumbles going. I'm going to show up all of the time now. I may even go to a tournament! Not a close one though...

Anyway, it's not that I'm falling for your gimmicky lows; you're a good player (I'm also lousy at guessing the range of moves in this game--I get hit a lot, lol). There are a few things that get me: the fact that you keep doing it makes me think "there is no way he is going to do that shit again." And then you do it again, lol--just like with your A throws. It's a great strategy. The next thing is pretty simple. I have a very specific style with Ivy. I want to fight in a phone booth. I want my opponent close to me...for obvious reasons. You play a character that is in direct conflict with how I want to play Ivy. You can keep me away and frustrate my attempts. But I'm getting there. I'll start playing the combo/range Ivy a bit more now, as opposed to the CS/SS whore that I am.

But CS/SS missed you a few times by just a hair...lol...

Oh yeah, stop beating yourself up about the game. You'll get to where you need to go. You are already pretty good, and if you keep at it intelligently, you'll be very good before you know it.

Sean, thanks for putting up the vids. Let me offer to buy a tape or two for the next session. Let me know what it is that you need--or you go out and buy one or two extra, and I will cover you for the cost. Doug, good shit for hosting as always!

I'm sure we have fought once or twice Khent to bad I don't have a car. I'm an Online guy for sure with a whole lot of fights. I thought Woahhzz and Anbumee was here but I guess not :)

Larry, I just recycle the tapes when I film. You don't have to worry about buying me more or anything like that.

thumbs_up.jpg

Well, Sean, I definitely can't go this Saturday now due to money issues, so did everybody else who isn't going to the scranton tourney just want to take a break this Saturday? I'm cool with that, and unless I could get at least three people to show up (aside from myself) I think it'd be best to just take this Saturday off

6 PM works fine, Sean.

And I"m not sure, Chopperman. It really depends on how many people can show up. I'll talk to Larry and Anthony tomorrow night and see how many people could possibly make it saturday.

I'm good for tomorrow. I should be good for Saturday, too. I don't think I can be talked into going to a tournament this weekend (because I don't feel like going two and out), so I know I should be able to swing through.

I thought you guys were going to Scranton? Anyway, I won't be around Thursday or Saturday.

Nah I'm having money issues at the moment, and besides, I wouldn't bitch about having a Saturday to just sit and do nothing for a change.

Anyhow, I might still be willing to do something Saturday but without Sean somebody would have to bring a PS3 and controllers and we'd only have one TV and one system instead of the normal two. I wouldn't want to do a session with less than 4 people, but at the same time with only one system and tv I wouldn't want to do it with *more* than 4 either. So 90% chance that nothing is going to happen Saturday.

If my money situation is jacked up, then I will come up on Saturday. I will find that out once I pay these bills.

Back