Plea For Community Unification

Status
Not open for further replies.
moving on to more important matters. This new version of 8wr looks ugly as hell and clunky, plz2change.

Have you even tried to figure out what this forum can do?

If you mouse over the sub-forum link, you will get a dropdown for every forum in the Soul Arena.

No Malice, I haven't tried. Because I don't feel I should have to figure anything out to post on a forum that I am already a member on with over 1000 posts... I don't have to anywhere else and it doesn't suit my timetable at this moment, thanks for asking though.

Shit looks bad to any newcomers, looks like a board thrown together in a few hours and that does a disservice to all the great material posted here in the past-now. If I were new, I'd search for a better looking, more organized board.

I made an announcement, but it's not on the front page. I sent Jaxel a message so that it can be shown.

Thanks Malice. Looks like your forum members are happy with the outcome. Thanks for your help.
Laters,
Philip

Interesting conversation.

It would seem, that while the matter may have little actual impact, that there are three options:

1. Do nothing.
2. Kill it.
3. Forward the domain somewhere.

1. Obviously, this is always an option. Nothing changes; no gain no loss.
2. Killing it is also an option... if it has no relevance anymore, content-wise, you could simply put it out of its misery.
3. It would seem that this is the most reasonable choice; it takes nothing to forward a domain to another and, while it will further deteriorate the domain's relevance over time, any transient traffic that may have happened upon the domain would at least be sent to a site with relevant content.

Of course, this opens a new issue: where to forward it.

Ultimately, the choice belongs to the owner of the domain and no amount of complaining or begging can really impact that decision but if the owner is looking for a recommendation... why not sent it here? These are "the" Calibur forums and it makes sense.

If we simply must find a "neutral" domain to forward it to then go ahead and send it to the greatest supporter of Soulcalibur events, devastationevent.com. Duh!

Seriously, I am not sure why this is really an issue... someone change some DNS and swing that pig over here somewhere and move on, there are bigger fish to fry out there.

Hmmmm, it certainly would be nice to have a central hub for the calibur community right now, but consider this... 8 way run is at the very heart of the SC revival; just look at the pic. of Harada with our formal request on it lol.

That being said, I think as SCV development and news starts to heat up people will be drawn to the best and strongest source for news and speculation. AKA- right here at 8way.

I can attest to this, I used to be a very active member at "soulcaliburuniverse". (where did my lovely home disappear to btw? lol) I really lost interest in the series when SCIV came out as I am a huge Hwang Sung Kyung (or however they spell it these days) fanatic. Anyways, when I found the petition on facebook for SCV, I immediately tried to log back on to the ol' watering hole but found it gone.

So where did I go? Right here, it's a great site and a fantastic community. Once people need a place to go, I believe they will find there way here. To quote Field of Dreams, "If you build it, they will come".

Should we try our best to unify as quickly as possible... yes. However, I believe it will happen naturally as the hype and anticipation builds.

X_A saying he was never part of the "in" crowd made my jaw drop. Who the hell does he think he's kidding? I tried to post something, but for some reason I'm no longer registered at the site. This is bullshit. I remember everything, and X_A is acting like a 12 year old girl. I didn't expect that from him - he seemed really cool.

Time to let it go anyways. The past is gone and won't be changed, obsessing over who was a bigger bitch only provokes more ill will and all that jazz.

But like, I have messed with options and this looks like 1000 times worse than the previous version of 8wr. But I know it's being worked on so I will chill (since I'm not actually doing any work on it), and wait for good things to happen :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back