Please destroy these people-

I'd kill for VF5's online implmentation in SC4, since it actually WORKS, instead of being a laughable lag and queue fest. Like people have already said, unless you have perfect conditions online, breaking throws, hit confirming, ducking throws/highs and even blocking some mid/low strings become impossible to do, or you have to do it psychically 0.5s before it actually happens. It's stupid.

My favourites are the Sophies, Mitsus and Amy's who simply spam their mid/low mixups and win because it's actually impossible to block any of it with the current average delay online. Ugh.

Anyways, welcome to the community and online play (as much of a joke it is). Don't take the online matches too seriously, because I've yet to see a perfect condition match (although, that could just be me) that mimics offline play perfectly.

Actually I hate on CGS because they allowed an idiot which is on bad terms with just about every local gaming community become the Team Manager.

Following which, they let this Team Manager select his own fiance as the DOAF member, even though the DOAM player has been winning DOA4 Asians for years and had trained other girls to take that slot. One of which I know as a pretty decent Tekken Player. When the most credible player in the REGION trains up credible 3D Fighting Game players.. You'd think it'll be a good idea to listen no?

Then when the Team got sick of the Team Manager, and when the DOAM player slapped him in the face, our DOAM player was permanently banned, costing our team their paychecks and their tickets to the globals..

In other words, there wasn't even a glint of fairness in the decisions made by both the International and Local CGS committees.

But everyone involved in this matter would tell me not to bother repeating it, so I'll stop there.
At the same time, the people directly involved in the matter wouldn't bother talking about it, and you'll only be getting 2nd hand accounts from people like me..

I do hope that SCIV will get picked up though... Mainly because I'm the only player locally who can afford to take on the task of repping Singapore for SCIV yearly :P lol.

Yeah yeah, pot shots, that's what I'm doing.

I'm sure you have some self-serving reason for why it's so ironic, but that's what you're good at, right?

Who's trying to improve our image, what you used as an excuse to go on a modding rampage (was that the irony? or was that my potshot?) on CF.com?

I'm just trying to get players to stop being haters.

KDZ KDZ

Online = Serious Business.

Really though this whole topic is a joke, getting paid or not a match is a match, whoopie. You win some, you lose some.

OffBeat Ninja: I had to learn that e-pen comes hand in hand with Fighting Game Communities.
Here's hoping overflow doesn't turn you off from the game :) Welcome to 8wayrun.com. I hope you agree with me when I say, If you're lucky, you'll be getting your ass handed to you during the event. :)

Haha definitely. Have to lose in order to learn and get better, I look forward to it.

AkazukinChaCha said:
Offbeat:

My initial comments weren't about you specifically, but about DOACentral players who found me while I was ranked #1, and told about a signifigant portion of the DOA hardcore community switching over to this game and expecting to dominate. It was said to me more than once, and we can discuss names on XBL (if I still have their messages saved). My initial thoughts were: 'Nothing wrong with a little rivalry'. But unfortunately a lot of the best SC players rarely play online and definetly won't play seriously online. So I'd hate for you all not to get a taste of what real SC is all about.

Ahh I see, thats definitely how it can be with some online players. All of the top DOA players understand online is nothing more than casual matches and does not mean much at all. I can only speak on myself for this but I know switching over to a new game is going to be a huge uphill battle, but I am enjoying the game and would love to compete in more than just DOA.

Ive also learned from playing DOA competitively that offline competition and tournaments is where it is at in terms of proving yourself but also in terms of playing and learning the game properly. In my eyes online play is good for a bit of practice and staying sharp but that is about all.

Also just want to say thanks everyone for being so welcoming. I'm new to the game and community but really look forward to traveling to some Soul Calibur tourneys and seeing what the game and community really have to offer =).

O nice Cirex you're from Spain!

Me gusta el gato que esta meando por la ventana habierta. Mis pantalones estan encendidos de amor por el biscocho en la mesa sin camisa! Bienvenido al jeugo calidid de alma!

I laughed out loud.

Offbeat Ninja: Hope you had great fun...and if you met up with spammers...dun quite bother...its online play anyway...

Hope to see you playing for SBO, if you are joining...

Apparently the gamertag Offbeat Ninja has a full friends list lol. So I think he is definitely going to be a busy man online. Also, what are your impressions of that DOA player JustOwnin? :P

P.S. And I agree with Kid.D, way to make us look like jerks ChaCha

you really cant fault someone like offbeat because he didnt put himself in this spot, he kinda got forced into this spot. lots of cgs players are doing this "play with the pros" thing but its for the games they are actually know for. this kinda got dropped into offbeats lap and he really didnt have any choice or say so in the matter.

hello welcome to the SC4 forums and enjoy your stay. :)
also i'd like to ask you, as people from the "inside"- what needs to be done to get SC4 into CGS?

Hmm your friends list is full, I sent a normal game invite but I suppose I'll just send a real message real quick. I personally dislike CGS and the way it is run, however welcome to the community.

If anyone here with a capture device is going to fight them, please record and upload online. I would love to see it. ;D

Ah, I like the attitude of this topic. I'm in a similar state of mind (wanting to show the world how serious Soul Calibur can be).

I'll back your cause.

Just got done playing Offbeat Ninja, he seems like a cool guy and willing to learn. He definitely is new to the game so it wasn't hard beating him. But I definitely think he could get pretty good at this game if he wants to. Also good luck on your Siegfried man and GG's.

Back