Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Both but closer to casual.

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters

sheppard

[12] Conqueror
I couldn't find any SC tourneys in my country, but I did enter a T6 tourney back in last summer;

I realized that if I try to be a competitive player, I can't play with my family and friends cuz they don't know anything about frames, tech-traps, juggles etc. So now we can't play Tekken unless I lose on purpose.

For SC4 and 5, I don't want to be competitive in them. I want to play it with my family, they don't have much time to learn everything about the game. It think fighting games are much more funnier when you play it with people who has same knowledge as you.

Please feel free to share your thoughts.

For me its competitive all the way. I have done several t6 and BB tournaments now and from this i can safely say that playing in a real competition is such a great experience especially when it comes to fighting games. imo fighting games are supposed to be competitive.

Truth though if you try to improve gaming by reading and testing frametraps and thelike then its just normal that u make a large gap with ppl that dont do it (however, time invested does not equall skill in a game[though it does help off course :)]). However stil if u want to p;lay videogames with family id say go play on the wii, its great for parties and u dont have to konw the in depth of games :P

Competitive, and I'm planning to play against many international players when SCV comes out.

Casual it is. First of all, I don't really have anything like a competitive community in my area - maybe SCV might change that, but I'm not so sure about that. But the main reason is that I have neither the time nor the ambition to elevate my game to tournament level. Considering my skills, it'd mean lots of training and getting into the mechanics of frames, reading a match and such, and I just can't adjust my schedule to this.

In fact, getting pro would keep me from playing. Without the community around there'd be no offline opponents to match me if I got ahead in Soulcalibur, so I'd be stuck with online play or practice mode - and that's simply not the way I play games. I am better than all of my friends and thus tend to use the handicap system, but that's still more like I want to play fighting games. And although I'd love to meet people from the competitive community (I kinda admire how the professional Soulcalibur players around the world seem to stay in contact and travel to events), I guess that horse's out the barn for me.

Casual. I don't take Soul Calibur beyond a very enjoyable leisure activity.

Props to all of you who can though.

Casual. As much as I'd love going to tournaments and stuff, that's not something I can do. I have school, and... yeah, that. And to be honest, I'm not really that good, it's just that most people around me suck. Online doesn't count, we'd all be pros...

At first I just answered competitive and left it at that, then had a moment of self realisation:
I just enjoy beating people and hate *ahem* HATE all of you, so which answer should I have ticked? =/

Idk I understand the reasoning behind all the descisions top level players make but I don't like the feel of high level play.

Hey, I said I hate everyone - casuals can fuck off, pros can fuck off, Hulk hogan can fuck off for all I care... =/

Back