Poll: Did you find Soul Crush and Critical Finish hard to execute?

Soul Crush/Critical Finish, too difficult to use?

• Total voters
I agree with yall. Different characters had different soul gauge games (Maxi's is fairley decent) but to execute a CF was no problem. I have left trigger for my block and I leave right trigger standard, so all I gotta do is pull both triggers.

HRD

I pulled it off every now and then, but it just seemed hassled whenever the armor broke in the middle of a combo, especially when you were mid-air or in the middle of an attack throw or something.

It's not hard, I think their main design was for special Versus, I find I get a lot of them there.

I can't soul crush with Tira, it's too difficult, I don't remember me doing CF online with Tira. But you guys are definetly aware of it, some chars can execute CF too easy.
Example :
My bro was playing online with Raphael and his opponent was Yun, my bro got owned by 3 critical finishes in a row!!! LOL

I find SC'ing difficult, CF'ing is easy to execute but SC is such a pain in the arse, with 6b+k,b,b and her 214,a+b aside Taki doesn't deal that much damage with the majority of her moves. So it becomes a lengthy and painful process for me to perform... especially against your average pitballin' n00b.

I never really paid attention to anticipating the SC, had more focus on the actual gameplay. I think online I only pulled it off 50%, and the other 50% when I didn't, their health bar was already pretty low and the win was nearly guaranteed.

But I do agree the discrepancy among different characters made it uneven in terms of competitive matches.

Of course, it depends on character. I could get a CF with Raph and Yun pretty easy. Pressing all face buttons in not a problem, getting to soul crush is. XD Speaking of which, it seems easier in SC5. Hmm...

I honestly almost never had the opportunity to execute it during battle. I never have difficulty actually executing it when I do get the opportunity, but that was so uncommon, especially when versing other people (coms were slightly easier).

Critical Finish wasn't too hard for me to pull off. You just have to time it right. That's all.:D

Back