Poll: Do you like a soul calibur V Pc version?

Do you like a soul calibur V Pc version?

• Yes

Votes: 37 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 11 22.9%

• Total voters
Well...yes why not, is not that I'm gonna play it but if that makes people happy, also that would allow us to see some gorgeous edits patches and such. Also, sadly, a legion of Clouds and Narutos that actually look like Cloud and Naruto

Yes. I generally prefer games on PC for 3 reasons:

- Image quality and performance. SC5 on consoles already have good performance, but image quality can become a lot better. A higher resolution with real AA would go a long way. And if you've got the monitor for it, you could go crazy with it: (framerate of 60 should still be maintainable considering how much more powerful PC hardware is)
Dolphin 2012-07-30 14-17-20-40.jpg
RE5DX9 2012-07-21 00-33-23-19.jpg

- Modding. It is technically possible to mod the 360 version of SC5, but it is expensive to set up and rather limited when you finally get into it. Modding games on PC is a thousand times easier and there's more stuff you can do with it. The most obvious type of mod you'd expect are model changes or entirely new models. Like characters from SC4 added to SC5, characters from other games or the inevitable nude mod.

- Controllers. With adapters at hand, you can use literally any controller in existence for games on PC. Even without adapters, it is possible to use at least all PS3 and 360 controllers.

It's a shame that Japanese developers in general tend to ignore the PC. Sega and Capcom seems to be among the few who support PC gaming, and even them have flaws regarding their support.

- Modding. It is technically possible to mod the 360 version of SC5, but it is expensive to set up and rather limited when you finally get into it. Modding games on PC is a thousand times easier and there's more stuff you can do with it. The most obvious type of mod you'd expect are model changes or entirely new models. Like characters from SC4 added to SC5, characters from other games or the inevitable nude mod.
Yes, for this reason alone. We still won't have Talim or Zas though. :(

TBH, I'd rather see a SSCV or a Vita port with the missing characters. Preferably SSCV for consoles.

Yes, but no doubt that like most Japanese publishers there'd be the claims of piracy being an excuse not to do it. Because, y'know, there aren't people out there that pirate console games or anything like that T.T

I'd import the Argonian and Khajiit models from Skyrim and edit them accordingly to be playable for SC V on the PC.
New Lizards FTW \m/
I'd also import all axe models from Skyrim and edit them accordingly to be playable for SC V on the PC
Orcish and Daedric weapons Axes FTW! \m/

Seriously if Namco makes a better version of SC5 for PC I'll gladly sell my SC5 collector's edtion to a local game store and buy the newer version at a depreciation value, then again same if it's only on consoles. Still I would prefer PC SC5 over the console versions and PC also supports most 3rd party controllers as well as Xbox 360 controllers, arcade sticks and hitboxes.

I'd import the Argonian and Khajiit models from Skyrim and edit them accordingly to be playable for SC V on the PC.
New Lizards FTW \m/
I'd also import all axe models from Skyrim and edit them accordingly to be playable for SC V on the PC
Orcish and Daedric weapons Axes FTW! \m/
Plz do that and use shout commands to blow SC opponents off the ring.

Seriously if Namco makes a better version of SC5 for PC I'll gladly sell my SC5 collector's edtion to a local game store and buy the newer version at a depreciation value, then again same if it's only on consoles. Still I would prefer PC SC5 over the console versions and PC also supports most 3rd party controllers as well as Xbox 360 controllers, arcade sticks and hitboxes.

Plz do that and use shout commands to blow SC opponents off the ring.
No. I'll do better and make it not ridiculous lol.
I'll take the spells Sparks, Frostbite, Reanimate, etc. and give them the properties of Aeon's fire breath. Imagine his CE w/those lol. Then again, I can always change the color of the breath lol \m/

Should there be a PC version? Heck yes.

Will I buy it? Hell no! I hate PC games, because I don't have the money to have such capabilities for them.

Look this:

You like Mods? Go to Xbox360!
I do not want to jump through that many hoops to have a pc playable game like that. Our good friend sectus has to go through said hoops constantly and I am sure he would prefer to not do so. I would not blame him in the least.

Besides, what I have in mind is more or less character model related or possibly adding weapon models of my own.

I'm always under the impression that, due to the lack of standardized PCs, its not in everyone's best interest to play the game at less than 60fps (pretty sure there is slowdown on the console version, but i keep hearing them parroting that 60fps is non-negotiable)

No because i've personally nothing to gain from it , aside get terrible jealous of peoples that can mod it :D

Only reason i may be positive is if i gain something, aka they make it to be SC5.5 and at the same day-not-one-after they give us console owner the same updates

But... at this point, fuck that, work directly on SC5.5 for console

Back