Possibles launch date for SCV

Stryker

[10] Knight
Namco keeps saying "2012"; but I guess that a real release date in near the corner... to me the perfect month for a release is last week of March 2012.

Why? because its the perfect month for the release of the game... xmass would be really good for sales but the game won't be making good sales against all the other games that will be release on holidays.

Another reason for me is EVO 2012; only if the game is released with enough time will be able to participate on EVO; 4 months is enough time to learn the game and be competitive even for new players, and with all the hype created by the new game if would be perfect to include this game on EVO. Include this game on EVO and the game will sell more and more, more advertising for the game and more people from other games watching the streaming will be good for Namco profits balance.

To me as far as I know this SCV will be the best SC ever since the glorious times of SC1 for DC and his big sales success... Namco is investing a lot in this game, and is investing a lot in advertising too so I guess with no Namco games for console on big tournaments... but this is only a guess maybe we can study the release dates for the other games before to find a pattern:

1.- SoulCalibur (ソウルキャリバー SōruKyaribā?) is a 3D, weapons-based fighting game developed by Project Soul and produced by Namco. It is the second game in the Soul series, preceeded by Soul Edge. It was released in arcades in 1998, and it ran on the Namco System 12 hardware. In 1999 it was ported to the Dreamcast with improved graphics and new features.
Release date(s)
Arcade
July 30, 1998
DC
JP August 5, 1999
NA September 9, 1999
EU December 1, 1999

2.- Soulcalibur II (ソウルキャリバーII Sōrukyaribā Tsū?) is a fighting game developed and published by Namco and the third installment in the Soul series.
Release date(s)Arcade
July 30, 2002
GameCube, PlayStation 2, & Xbox
JP March 27, 2003
NA August 27, 2003
PAL September 26, 2003

3.-Soulcalibur III (ソウルキャリバーIII SōruKyaribā Surī?) is a fighting game produced by Namco and is the sequel to Soulcalibur II and is the fourth overall installment in the Soul series of fighting games.
Release date(s)PlayStation 2:
NA October 25, 2005
EU November 18, 2005
JP November 23, 2005
Arcade:2006

4.-Soulcalibur IV (ソウルキャリバーIV SōruKyaribā Fō?) is the fifth installment in Namco's Soul series of fighting games. The game was released for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on July 29, 2008, in North America, on July 31, 2008, in Japan, Europe, and Australia, and on August 1, 2008, in the United Kingdom and New Zealand.

3 games were released in July; and one in October... July is winning now... but I really thinks if Namco wants to have a good sales on this game have to release in later march or early april...

I hope - but this may mean that it won't be released in Europe until about a month or two later...so if it was released in March in NA then it would probably be released in Europe in about April/May time.

Tago said in an interview (i think it was during E3) that he personally thought that the game was going to be released in between January and June, next year.

Im hoping for late January to mid February mainly because i can't wait to get my hands on it but i would be cool with a March release. I don't want it rushed with bugs

This is considered "Soul Calibur CASUAL" discussion? Oh well.

Anyway, I expect a March release date. Kinda close to SFxT, actually.

I suspect the plan is for May-June, if SF vs Tekken comes out Feb-March.

You won't see both games coming out around the same time. This is why Sega is delaying Final Showdown- they don't want to compete with SCV.

I really want Namco to put more time and effort in this game. It sorta bothers me that the game is rushed; though it won't be enough for me to turn away from the game, spending quality time (though it won't happen) I will greatly appreciate.

So I'm hoping Christmas or 2013.

The sooner the better I say!
But seriously I think maybe sometime before summer of next year.
I hope they don't rush it too much like they did with SC4 and actually put more time into it and make a good and balanced game with lots of content and without a half-baked story mode.

Some bit of Fridge Brilliance here, but it's speculative to say that the release date would mark the Soul Series's 17th anniversary, if it were either January 2012 or May 2012.

*17th in bold, just to say that this is also the amount of time passing between SCIV and SCV

Gamestop has a 3/1/12 release date even though i know thats subject to change but it still made me happy

I'm not getting my hopes up; I don't except it to hit until around June...but, then again, they may be trying to get it out before Evo?

I'm not getting my hopes up; I don't except it to hit until around June...but, then again, they may be trying to get it out before Evo?

They did say they want to get it into EVO so i hope they still have that goal in mind because it has to be out a couple of months before right?

Given the GCN version of 2 sold fairly well (I've heard it was the best selling version, though never got a cite) and this is suspicious in its absence from NB's "in the works" list for the system, I'm going to say "before Wii U launch" (Sega has said that would be in Spring/Summer 2012).

Im estimating Q2 2011. Failing that, either earlier or later. I'd want a polished game! Already 2011 and 2012 are shaping to be years for video games...and SC 5 is just one of those on my to buy list.

Back