Potential SCV Tag Team Combos

Which style of team battle do you prefer?

• Total voters
:sc5aon1: WR :B: ~ BT :B:+:K: -> :sc5nm1: GS :B:6 ~ GS :B:6 - GS :K: BE
:sc5aon1: WR :B: ~ BT :B:+:K: -> :sc5nm1: CE ~ 3:B:
:sc5nm1: CH GS:A: ~ 6:B: -> :sc5aon1: 1:B: BE ~ 44:B::A::A:
:sc5nm1: 33:B: BE ~ 2:A:+:B:: BE -> :sc5aon1: 44:B::A::A:
:sc4hil1: 22:B: ~ C2:B: ~ :G: -> :sc5nm1: i:A:::G:::A:
:sc4hil1: 22:B: ~ C2:B: ~ :G: ~ :B:+:K:(AT) ~ C2:B: ~ :G: ~ C3:A: -> :sc5nm1: GS :K: BE

:sc2vol3::6::6::6::B:, :6::6::bA+B+K:
*switch*
:sc5nm1::2::3::6::kA+B+K:

would be pretty fucking amazing

:sc2vol3: 666B ~ 66B -> :sc5nm1: 66B
:sc2vol3: 666B -> :sc5nm1: iWR (B) ~ NSS A+B ~ 2A+B
:sc2vol3: 666B ~ 66B BE ~ CE -> :sc5nm1: 3B
:sc2vol3: 22B ~ BS 66K -> :sc5nm1: GS K BE
:sc2vol3: BS CR B ~ BS 4K ~ BS 66K -> :sc5nm1: GS K BE
:sc2vol3: CH 9A ~ DR B BE -> :sc5nm1: GS K BE
:sc2vol3: CH BS CR A ~ BS 66B ~ 66B BE -> :sc5nm1: GS K BE
:sc2vol3: CH BS CR A ~ BS 66B -> :sc5nm1: 4K BE

Soul Calibur as a franchise always seems to be either releasing either totally brilliant, or totally rubbish games. So it's exactly the type of franchise that would try something yet unseen, risky and new with regards tagging, and it would either be brilliant or awful.

I reckon it would suit SC to use tagging to balance out some of the more radical aspects of the game. A lot of people who play other VS fighters sometimes have a hard time coping with how lethal SC is with RO's. A tournament player against an average joe, would probably have them toppling out of the ring within a few second of the word "fight".

A tag system where you either need to knock out one team partner or Ring Out both would be a cool idea for SC I think.

In other words, if you KO either partner the team is defeated (like wrestling, and TTT) but a ring out ejects that team mate from the arena and "force tags" his partner to battle alone for that round.

I don't like the idea of "tag combos" ala with more then 1 'switch' in the combo for SC. I don't see it suiting the pace of play.
Something like a BE style switching system (where one of the players BE's allows an iTag into a stunned/launched opponent) might work well.

a BE type "Assist" (similar to MK) move might work well in SC too.
The player spends some meter for Viola to do her stupid 'behind-you' orb thing, or ZWEI's wolf to appear etc, (the less "magical" characters would probably have to actually appear on screen for some maneuver or other, but you get the idea) while you retain control of the character you are currently playing as.

lol. They could make the story so Siegfried is one again Nightmare, and if you select a team of him and Nightmare he can transform back and fourth (if you want to mess with the story just to copy a Tekken cliche)

lol, if they did have "assist" moves I;d love to see Nightmare do something similar to Hyo Imawano's from Rival Schools:
you grab your enemy, and Hyo shows up and plows through both of you with his sword!

(in other words, he does unusually high damage for an assist, but also damages the player)

Back