Pre-Launch SC5 Maxi vids

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking of that but since Maxi isn't in stance after WS K I don't think he could get to that stance fast enough to do that move.

i thought that it was a 236 236 type thing. Im still a little shady on this whole CE/BE thing and how it works out of what stance...blah blah blah

HRD

I'm also not too clear on how all this Brave Edge/Critical Edge stuff works either. I just thought that the CE moves were the ones that required the 236236 motion and the BEs just required an extra button imput or something like that. Can someone who's already played SC5 clear this up for us (Saitoh, Oosaka)?

When you make a move, hit block whiff it fills up the CE meter.
You can have up to 2 CE. Critical Edge are those very " hyper move " everybody knows from 2D fighting games.
The imput is 236236 A+B+K for every body. As far as Maxi's concern, he can't do it from a stance.

Brave Edge (BE) are just " EX versions " of some moves. You can do it by pressing A+B+K really fast after your move.
For exemple 6A+B is a safe mid poke.
BE:6A+B is a heavy frame advantage blockstun mid that goes into LI.
It takes 1/2 CE meter to do it. 2 BE = 1 CE.

After WsK I don't think you have anything beside the K follow up.
Might try that out if Namco let us play it again.

Reactions: HRD
When you make a move, hit block whiff it fills up the CE meter.
You can have up to 2 CE. Critical Edge are those very " hyper move " everybody knows from 2D fighting games.
The imput is 236236 A+B+K for every body. As far as Maxi's concern, he can't do it from a stance.

Brave Edge (BE) are just " EX versions " of some moves. You can do it by pressing A+B+K really fast after your move.
For exemple 6A+B is a safe mid poke.
BE:6A+B is a heavy frame advantage blockstun mid that goes into LI.
It takes 1/2 CE meter to do it. 2 BE = 1 CE.

After WsK I don't think you have anything beside the K follow up.
Might try that out if Namco let us play it again.

Cool...I get it!

Can BE's be put on several different moves or only one? Is there a list of what moves that can end in BE for maxi?

HRD

As much as I count, there are 4:
- 6A+B(BE): GB and goes to LI
- RC AB(BE): GB and goes to LI
- LI A(BE): does not do anything new, Maxi only flashs yellow.
- Another one that Saitoh mentioned in the other thread: BL K(BE): to Dragon Kick, this one I have yet to see in any vid, but if it's true, then hell yeah!

As much as I count, there are 4:
- 6A+B(BE): GB and goes to LI
- RC AB(BE): GB and goes to LI
- LI A(BE): does not do anything new, Maxi only flashs yellow.
- Another one that Saitoh mentioned in the other thread: BL K(BE): to Dragon Kick, this one I have yet to see in any vid, but if it's true, then hell yeah!

4 so far huh?

So is the input for BE 236236 A+B+K? making the actual input 6A+B 236236A+B+K? or is that CE only. If not, what would the input be for a BE?

HRD

Critical Edge is 236236 A+B+K. BE is 6A+B (or another move that has a BE version) then A+B+K immediately after.

CE: Ultra combo. all characters has one CE as same input 236236A+B+K.

BE: make normal moves stronger, or make new mix-ups.
6a+bA+B+K is a BE of 6A+B
RC A.A+B+K is a BE of RC AB
LI aA+B+K
BL K.A+B+K
or so.

I thought I saw that to!! I thought I was just tripping. But yeah I seen him come out on the left

HRD

Nice catch, Krayzie. It looks to me like a WS move of some sort, since he crouches right before. Maybe this is the new WS A+B?

Nice catch, Krayzie. It looks to me like a WS move of some sort, since he crouches right before. Maybe this is the new WS A+B?

Yeah you're right it looks like a WS move. You're probably right about the command too, hopefully someone who has a chance to play SC5 later can verify this for us.

I don't get it. Why would they give him a way to get to LI from WS that steps to the left when the original LI steps to the right?!?!?!?!.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back