Pyrrha Ω Videos

Joe

[08] Mercenary
I noticed that there wasn't a video thread yet, so I don't see the harm in getting one started. I'll put videos in the list, unless of course you obviously don't want them in the list. Since most matches are online/casual, I'll put them in that list for now. I'm not going to put every match up here, but I will scout for the bigger names for people who look for such things.

If you have match videos you want feedback on, this is the place as well.

Playlists:
Malice's Playlist

Matches Online/Casual
Partisan vs. Mitsurugi
Partisan vs. Mitsurugi (2)
Zero_Soulreaver vs. Dampierre

Various Character Mixes
Zero_Soulreaver Casual Stream Matches

Tournament Matches

My omega. Need advice. A vid where I lost to patroklos really badly is coming up lol. Please criticise.

Malice: Work on your movement imo

My omega. Need advice. A vid where I lost to patroklos really badly is coming up lol. Please criticise.

Malice: Work on your movement imo

...thanks for the up...

LOL! @ the 'three in a row NSB4' wall splats... looks like it can keep going till they die, or the melee gradually drifts away from the wall! >_< amazing consistency with your inputs as usual.

Crazy damage showcase with the DNSB:4... the xiba was on the tip of 'blue hp', then you hit him with the JF, enough to actually kill him!

Vary step more, you seem to step mostly after small - from hitting a low, but really its good after blocked BB, AA and other fairly safe stuff. Contest the opponent's run=in more, you let him run up to you and run his game too often. Once in a while doing BB/66A right as he gets into range or mixing with a low/ step in throw if he likes to run in guard. Its dangerous to do it a lot, but if you don't opponent wont ever have to play games with you if they want to get in and mix-up. I can see you're going for a very defensive strategy here and in the end you might be right to do so, but I feel like while Ω has good defense, you would be better off applying a little more pressure, whether on the guard gauge or in mid/throw mix-up so that you can force more mistakes to take advantage of in the poking game. As for CE, I don't think random CE is so advisable when you are far from getting to 1 gauge again because she wants it available for the many guaranteed ways it can land (NS A TC, any launcher, guard crush, punishment etc.) Also, that sidestep kick Xiba has after 6B and other strings is a thrust so you can't A+B it. It's hard to sidestep too(I've seen step CW work from time to time) and it TCs (so no AA). Only things I've found that work consistently are GI(costly on gauge) and 2A (dangerous if predicted).

Just some random thoughts from watching, you may know much of this already.

Thanks guys.

Suirad: Yeah i agree with you mostly. I do need to apply pressure especially. been working on that. the CEs weren't random. they were supposed to be garanteed. i messed up under MM pressure. need more practice. usually hit those... thank you

Oh also, I noticed in practice that that kick is easy to jG. Don't know how easy that would be mid-match, but it's a thought.

LOL! @ the 'three in a row NSB4' wall splats... looks like it can keep going till they die, or the melee gradually drifts away from the wall! >_<

The third one doesn't splat on any angle with the messing around I've done, though admittedly that's only the slightest bit since I'm more of a Tekken player and only just trying to get into this. This is the best I've gotten from it, though I assume also known? Haven't looked around much, just been messing around myself to see what I can find, so I'm not particuarly up to date.

Don't know if the first ender is guaranteed, but if it is I prefer it over the DNS B since it's a hell of a lot easier to land for very little different in damage.

After the first two there's just a few combos screwing around with Z.W.E.I. so unrelated other than the first bit.

Also, that sidestep kick Xiba has after 6B and other strings is a thrust so you can't A+B it. It's hard to sidestep too(I've seen step CW work from time to time) and it TCs (so no AA). Only things I've found that work consistently are GI(costly on gauge) and 2A (dangerous if predicted).

Actually, you can AA him out of 6BK. It doesn't work for 6AK though.

Good to know. Somewhat dangerous for the same reasons, but at least you can vary it up. 6AK appears quick steppable clockwise (to Ω's left) in diagonal directions (77_99 or 11_33 on 1P_2P respectively)

Actuially, if you block it at tip, you should just backstep, or step to one side (right?), and teh whole thing whiffs. the kick i mean.

oh how tragic :(

*youtube_Vid*

at least this aint so bad :D

*youtube_Vid*

Pyrrha O. VS A. Patroklos/Patroklos
Bit of a surprise there... I expected Patsuka to be punishing you more... but it seems normal Patroklos can literally poke you to death!

I can relate to this... as I myself currently have a great deal of trouble facing against defensive orientated game plans... I know I can eventually crack their shells, but the longer the games are... the more it becomes a ball-ache more me. I get impatient (bad for Pyrrha Omega.. >_<), to which they capitalize on.

This is more of a psychological issue, which I'm probably sure can be remedied with the right conditioning, but since online is the only way I can currently play the game properly... I just can't be arsed... >_< lol! It will literally be just *move on to the next random match in Global Colosseo* scenario for me.

Natsu VS Pyrrha Omega
As you said, this one isn't so bad at all... typical showcase of how unsafe Natsu is, though you made like a walk in the park!

LOL! @ 3:06 to 3.21... 15 second round! I guess it really only takes 3 hits of DNSB:4 to kill your opponent!

OVERALL:
Apologies if I can't critique any of the 'bad' ...only because I'm too focused on looking at your setups ^_~... and I'm currently not au fait with your opponents characters (yes, even Patroklos... =_=) just as well, since you're probably looking for that type of feedback... =_=

Great consistency with DNSB post 44K (or is it 33_99K?? can it even be done on that?) as well as on 4B and 4AB. I shall be rinsing practice mode to try and pin those DNSB follow-ups on my game... bloody hard though... =_=

I hardly saw you miss any JF enders either on the NS/DNSBs...

The 'VS Patroklos' section of the 1st video seemed bad... but you did hit a really thick turtler's wall there... Pyrrha Omega isn't such an easy character to bash through them if you're not that patient (I'm soo guilty of this... =_=). I feel normal Pyrrha is suited more for that... ^_~

Here are my videos. I've only been playing her for 3 days :D ignore the sound too...

*Youtube_VID*
*Youtube_VID*

1st Vid
...marked as private... =_=

2nd Vid
...seems like a typical online match... ^_^ anyways, VS online Raph, you need step/quickstep punish more; ie 22_88B, 11_77B, 22_88B+K & 33_99K to name a few... this particular one's really asking to be stepped... >_< lol!

Also, in the same instance as myself... we need to get those DNS B follow-ups for launchers & stuns... I myself can at least get consistent DNS B follow ups after 66Bs. With the limited moveset of Pyrrha Omega, we need to get them damage in to end the rounds quicker. Tagging NS/DNSBs post stuns/launchers is a good way to do this.

Overall:
You can be assured that these vids (at least the 2nd one... dunno about the 1st.. >_<) doesn't reflect your current gameplay tbh... You play differently when I played against you a couple of nights ago... ^_~

Thanks geejay! Keep working hard. i think omega is hard to play.

The patsuka is really lousy. his pat is too good tho

LOL! despite her 'simplicity' ...omega is a lot harder to use when against decent players... especially defensive ones. Lack of options in given situations gives a very small margin of error... =/

Speaking of which... I've been busy on training mode trying to nail the DNS B followups post 33_99_66K, 11_77_44B, 22_88B 4B, 4A,B, NS/DNS A and 6K...

My current results:

Impossible to Land for me... -_-

6K (they crumple way too soon... =/)

VERY STRICT TIMING, only able to pull it off on my 'stronger' 2P side for 236236... and probably difficult to apply mid-match for me... =_=

33_99_66K (66K was the easier one... the 8wr version was close to impossible... but was able to do it 1-2 times)
11_77_44B (...same with above, easier (but still strict) with 44B.. but V.hard with the 8wr version... =/)
22_88B (as someone said, needs to hit 'deep' for DNS B to even hit, and timing is still v.strict... =/)
4A,B (seen you pull this off consistently, I've no idea how you do it since its still v.strict timing)
4B (the easiest of the 'strict timing' ones... still bloody hard though.. =_=)

EASY AS PIE, and I can do it both sides and at any point during match...

NS/DNS A (...easy, but cant get the JF as consistently on this one... =_=)
66B (I always hit this one, unless they were launched off axis enough)

....for the 'strict timing' ones... i can always hit an NS B as a substitute follow-up... but it doesn't hit as hard... =/

Anyways, here's hoping I get better at hitting them DNS Bs eh.. ^_~

...any tips on how to get them DNS motions quicker and more efficient?? >_< lol!

Back