Pyrrha Tech Trap Discussion

66B BE is one that I've seen to be a good one. Amazing move by far and gives you advantage on block on the second hit. While grounded it tracks. :-)

B+G into 66B BE tech traps, and I think B+G into regular 66B tech traps too.

66B into 8{B+K} unblockable tech traps, its too fast to be interrupted (might be just guardable I guess). If they roll to the sides, then you get a quake stun instead of hitting however. Somewhat gimmicky though.

The guide lists these as tech traps:
22A -> 44A
22A -> 66B BE
CH 3KK -> 66B BE
66B BE 4B -> 66B BE 9A CE
8B+K -> 1A

May I ask what a tech trap is?
They might explain it in the newbies thread, but no problem.

Tech trap is a move that catches someone as they're trying to recover from being knocked down (neutral roll, forward, back, left, right). Tech traps are moves that you can throw out as they recover, and you'll get a counter-hit. More commonly, a tech trap is a move you throw out after a successful knockdown, knowing that the opponent might immediately try to quick-recover, landing you counter-hits.

ohohoho! HAPPY VALENTINES-DAY PYRRHA!!!

got a guard break set up to share with ya'll (well technically you can get it anytime 4b hits, but frankly thats only gonna happen after a guard break)

once you guard break, do 4b into 66b BE into 4b again, now you can do 3 things, you can immediately do 66b or 66b BE for 120 to 135 dmg, or you can slightly delay 66b BE and if they tech front or back, they eat the first hit and are forced to block the second ( 130 dmg and frame adv? dont mind if i do) or if they tech left or right the 66b BE relaunches and you can do 22bak and get a whopping 191 points of dmg!!!!!

whats more is if you ever land 66b BE you can do 4b right into this setup. just adding more scary options to an already scary character.

i <3 pyrrha

once you guard break, do 4b into 66b BE into 4b again, now you can do 3 things, you can immediately do 66b or 66b BE for 120 to 135 dmg, or you can slightly delay 66b BE and if they tech front or back, they eat the first hit and are forced to block the second ( 130 dmg and frame adv? dont mind if i do) or if they tech left or right the 66b BE relaunches and you can do 22bak and get a whopping 191 points of dmg!!!!!

I don't understand how you can find something so good, yet miss the best part of it lol. After the Tech Trap launch, just do 4B again :).

hmm..sure but...it works really well, and it looks funny!
People get more scared of her doing this once a while, just try it!

4B 66B(BE) 4B 66 1AA - is such a tech trap it still counts as part of the combo, if you fail the 1A still hits grounded.

CH 1k, 66b, be is a nice tech trap in any direction

~~~

partyeagle: haha yeah, that tech trap with the guard break 4b is actually listed in the official guide =]

lol it does but it has it listed as a left right tech trap instead of what it is, a front back tech trap with forced pressure from left or right.

and while 1aa is an okay tech trap. you dont want to do it cuz they block it and it your ass on the line. and yea, any knockdown 66b is pretty much a tech trap haha shit is sooo good

This is a potentially interesting trap, its not really a tech trap per say, but an air controllable combo of sorts.

If you do 66B 236AA, the first 2 hits will combo and the third will if they do anything but air control to their right, but it is 68 damage off of a 66B meterless if they don't air control or can't due to a wall. 72 damage with 66B 236AA BE, and it rings out from a fairly good distance. Sadly 236AA BE misses too if they air control. It is 236B stab punishable if they air control out and you do 236AA in full.

something I don't understand here.

if 66B/BE tracks all direction, doesn't that mean this is guaranteed damage and therefore a combo? or is this actually escapable?

something I don't understand here.

if 66B/BE tracks all direction, doesn't that mean this is guaranteed damage and therefore a combo? or is this actually escapable?

well if they tech they they get combo into launcher if they don't they just take the damage on the ground.
so yes they are guaranteed damage, but if they tech they will take even more damage.

such as 22A into 66B BE, this is a combo but if they tech they will get hit on roll and take even more damage instead, and get hit by 22B A K or a wall combo.

I'm real paranoid about 66B(BE) these days because everyone just guards it now. If its a proper tech trap, they wont be able to get up in time to block and just guard, is that correct?

Playing around, found myself a couple of tech traps new to me at least, don't see them listed here either:

8A/9A -> 3B hits unless they tech to the right. But, if they do tech to the right, then 66B BE launches them for full pain :) Though 8A/9A -> 66B BE is blockable, so it is risky if your opponent doesn't always just tech to avoid the 3B. Sadly jumping A is kinda slow and a high, though I was having some success doing 66A or AA into 9A.

CH 4AB -> slight delay -> 66B BE if you do this with no delay its a combo but doesn't launch. However, if you put that slight delay in, then the 66B BE will launch the techer (either side), netting you 136 damage for 4AB 66B BE 22BAK or 151 damage on a 4{A} starter (or whatever your favorite 66B BE followup is). Similar to the delay you need in 4B 66B BE 4B 66B BE to get the relaunch on techers there (which turns this into truly obscene damage if they tech yet again into that). For the purposes of the tech trap, NH 4AB works too, though good luck in landing that. Now I'm not sure yet if it always becomes blockable if you put in that slight delay, too much of one and it obviously becomes blocked and just guarded for your efforts.

Back