Quality Online Experience / Getting the best of your internet

Belial

King of Hundred Swords
Ok, Im not really a tech expert. So someone should know better. But there are things that are bothering me and I want you to hear me out.

Right now I only have good connection with Russia. Which is pretty logical. However, as some of you know, russia is fucking damn huge. And Im having a great (5 bar and zero lag) connection with ppl as far as 1500 or even up to 2000 km.

However my connection with Poland or Germany sucks ass. And I really really want to play Ring or Docvizzo w/o lag.

So here are some tips I have came across:
1) Check your router. Enable DMZ for console IP and allow router to anwer to ping requests
2) Check speedtest.net and pingtest.net - if your ping to nearest server is above 10 your provider havent been doing his homework.
3) Ping a couple of guys from the neighborhood (
start,
type: cmd ,
in opened window type :
ping ipadress
or :
tracert ipadress
your ping to them should be within 5ms. If its higher - your provider is shit.

Any help and suggestions welcome.

Check port forwarding and open ports as needed if you're playing via a router/gateway as well. I believe this varies between consoles, but don't quote me on it.

...Also, none of it will matter when your ISP has a monopoly and is run by assholes that like cutting out/slowing down service whenever the fuck they feel like T_T

Back