Quick Steps (How to Learn Calibur)

Sounds like a interesting premise. If other internet shows about fighters are any indication you could be on to something here. Look at the assist me series. That thing blew up out of no where.

Sounds like a interesting premise. If other internet shows about fighters are any indication you could be on to something here. Look at the assist me series. That thing blew up out of no where.

If only we had the time and money for something like that.
'Assist Me' is awesome and very well put together. Our show can only get better from here tho, so hopefully we'll find ways to make it better sooner than later.

If only we had the time and money for something like that.
'Assist Me' is awesome and very well put together. Our show can only get better from here tho, so hopefully we'll find ways to make it better sooner than later.

Set up a donation page. It's ~$200 for a good cap device and in a pinch you can use OpenShot for some basic editing and voice overs. If you get really bored, you can figure out how to do overlays.

http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/data_hdpvr-gaming.html
http://www.openshotvideo.com/

Set up a donation page. It's ~$200 for a good cap device and in a pinch you can use OpenShot for some basic editing and voice overs. If you get really bored, you can figure out how to do overlays.

http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/data_hdpvr-gaming.html
http://www.openshotvideo.com/

Thanx for the help.
We were thinking of setting up a donation anyway, to help with the cost of bringing top players to do episodes with us and spice things up from time to time.

Yay, I see my logo is in! Chibis FTW...So happeh! =D Well done fellas, good stuff, good stuff.

I think I can further improve on it if I have the time...probably also do the Destined Battles logo, hehe

Just kind of a nit-pick on my part. But recording the commentary after you record the gamelplay footage would be beneficial I think. I say this because the noise from the stick is very distracting. Plus recording the commentary after would give you the opportunity to pause the video as an action is about to happen that you want to call attention to.

For instance when you were showing how to step out of harm's way of Taki's 33A,B,B,B it would be good for new players if you paused right before you were about to step with Soph and said "Ok, what we're talking about is going to happen right now."

The same kind of thing would have been helpful during the time when you were talking about tech traps. I know the point of Quick Steps is to help acclimate new players into the game, but new players doesn't just mean new to SC; it also includes people who are new to FGs in general and don't know what tech traps (or tech [whatever]) are.

Excellent tip about testing combos via the "second action" command though. I didn't figure that one out on my own until like 3 weeks after SC4 came out. haha

Trying to give constructive criticism, sorry if it sounds rude or anything.

Anyway, it's awesome that you guys are doing this. Keep it up.

Glad those that posted, liked it.
U can be honest guys haha.
Like we said we know for a fact future episodes are going to be much better. So stay tuned and thanx in advance for feedback and opinions.

Yea I definitely agree u, and I'm pretty others feel the same way. It would be a plus to eliminate the joystick noise.
I personally wasn't thinking about people who are new to Fighting Games period. Maybe jargon like that is something we could cover later on, or leave it to Partisan. But although, we should have been thinking of a brand new people from the start, we were sort of aiming at 2D -> 3D players I guess with this video.

Like I said, I welcome all opinions and feedback about the show so use this thread to post up how u feel about it.

And of course make sure to subscribe ^_^ <3

Expect the next episode, this coming week (I may have spoken too soon when I assured the game in our hands, seeing as how it has yet to break street date here lol SO ANNOYING.) And hopefully, Chuck uploads it much quicker ;-)

Yea I definitely agree u, and I'm pretty others feel the same way. It would be a plus to eliminate the joystick noise.
I personally wasn't thinking about people who are new to Fighting Games period. Maybe jargon like that is something we could cover later on, or leave it to Partisan. But although, we should have been thinking of a brand new people from the start, we were sort of aiming at 2D -> 3D players I guess with this video.

Yeah, Partisan's guides are excellent resources, so at the very least it would be helpful to reference them and possibly link to his videos somewhere. Just say something like:

"If you have any questions or confusion about any terms that we use then go [Here] to get the info you need."

It would help you guys keep things cleaner because you don't have to attempt to do quick explanations of technical terms while you're trying to demonstrate something else.

Help to tie everything together and get more people to come to 8wayrun and really join the community.

I like the episode overall. Very informative from a competitive point of view.

I think you should have all the stuff choreographed from the beginning so the edits can look much smoother.

Heya, made 2 more logos, check em out.
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-2.jpg

I was thinkin on whether to add the Soul Swords to them.

Make sure you add these videos to the media section as well.

When you get the game, also do a rundown of the tutorial mode in SCV since there's more options on top of what's present in SC4. I can't wait to see you guys improve on future episodes since yall are chillin on scrub tutorial island right now. :-)

Dreamkiller, get on Twitter if you aren't there already.

Nice work, guys! If you ever want help feel free to ask. I'll be throwing out a lot of content come SCV too. :P

If I were to recommend a capture device to you guys, I'd recommend Blackmagic Intensity. Hauppauge is also OK, but blackmagic's shuttle is a way better product for HD capture with the same features. (And it lets you use other video editing software, where hauppauge actively hates doing that.)

Thanks for watching guys, and we'll gladly take any criticism. Some stuff I want to cover:

1. A capture device is a necessity, and it will be obtained soon.

2. Recording dialogue outside of actually filming the episode is also going to happen next time, and I have some ideas on how that will work. We definitely rushed this one, and there were some things like camera problems that kept us from filming as long as we would have wanted, so there were absolutely some takes that I would have done again if we could, and we will in the future.

3. Better choreographing and directing what is happening on screen is also going to happen starting with episode 2. Keep in mind that I write for a living and I've never edited a video like this, so my editing skills also need some serious improvement. This ties in with the awfully long amount of time it took me to put this together, normally my work schedule won't be so awful that it keeps me from releasing it the day after we film.

So yeah, no excuses but I have a lot to learn as far as actually putting this together. I'm going to listen to everything you guys say, though, even if you call me some rotten stuff!

If I were to recommend a capture device to you guys, I'd recommend Blackmagic Intensity. Hauppauge is also OK, but blackmagic's shuttle is a way better product for HD capture with the same features. (And it lets you use other video editing software, where hauppauge actively hates doing that.)

Thanks, I'll definitely look into this.

Also another big thanks to Luneth22 for drawing us tons of stuff for no reason outside of the fact that they are cool as hell.

Back