[ARCHIVE] Raph vs the World: Matchup Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've allowed this to go horribly off track lol.

NEW HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENT

Dampierre is now available to all, and is tourney legal more or less effective immediately. Wax this motherfucker.

Unrelated, I'm thinking quick step will blow up most of Natsu's possession options, thoughts from the panel?

I've been playing against Dampierre for weeks now on my friend's system. Raph basically needs to fight him at range and watch for his limited ways of getting in fast. At range 2, he actually has a decent 22A with full tracking that stuns on normal hit, allowing him to knock you down and apply his more gimmicky stuff up close. That coupled with his excellent movement speed means that Raph should not abuse his 22/33 moves too much, but instead use back dash blocking and 3(B) to deny him the ideal range for most of his moves. He also has a full parry CE like Nightmare that can clean hit and do a lot of damage, just watch for it and make it whiff. He must get a successful parry with it in order to get the follow-up, so don't be afraid to hit him once the activation has passed.

Dat isn't a good match information for Aeon. isn't as bad as you may think. many of his moves have TC in them. and I can't zone at all against him with 66A. I feel like in this match up quick stepping into 22B and 44B are your best friend in this matchup.

do i at least get a cookie for completing homework #1 lol. Against aeon im still learning the match up but 66a isnt too bad since it is only +2 on hit. his fastest moves is i13 which are his AA and 2A , so you can try to use one of raphs evasive moves after you get hit by it. Also if you know he is going to do one of those moves then 4 A+B counters them both i believe and looks flashy

do i at least get a cookie for completing homework #1 lol. Against aeon im still learning the match up but 66a isnt too bad since it is only +2 on hit. his fastest moves is i13 which are his AA and 2A , so you can try to use one of raphs evasive moves after you get hit by it. Also if you know he is going to do one of those moves then 4 A+B counters them both i believe and looks flashy

Sorry missed the Xiba post while I was having my conniption lol. I just tested it, at absolute tip range the REM B will still realign and hit you out of 4B. STILL, this is a great find and I'll add it and give you credit. It also fucks up 3B,K just as easily. So basically the only way Xiba can use this is at tip range, ALL of his options will lose to 4B otherwise. That's pretty sick.

Aeon sucks, maybe I'll get motivated to change that joke info soon, but he really is a shit character.

Huda, what are Raph's best ground hitting options after blocking that dashing move that puts Dampierre in his ground stance? I tried big moves like 66a+b and just got grabbed out of it into his ground pound grab. Will A+B beat out all options?

You need something fast because his mid out of the ground stance is surprisingly fast too, not to mention there is reaction time involved since he can enter it in a couple of different ways. He can also do his Heihachi sweeps into laying down. Sometimes I 2K, sometimes I A+B, sometimes I even jump over him. Distance is a factor too if he lands just outside A+B range and then hits you with the mid for whiffing.

If you're not down with Team Edward then what you doing on the Raph boards???

Because Raphael's more of a real vampire without even being an actual vampire than that sparkly prick. No offense intended towards you, you're entitled to like whatever movies you want of course.

Thanks for posting all these strategies, everyone. I'll have to try them, especially the hints vs Xiba, he's been a pain in the ass.

Any advice for facing Voldo?

Because Raphael's more of a real vampire without even being an actual vampire than that sparkly prick. No offense intended towards you, you're entitled to like whatever movies you want of course.

Thanks for posting all these strategies, everyone. I'll have to try them, especially the hints vs Xiba, he's been a pain in the ass.

Any advice for facing Voldo?
Some of y'all take this stuff way too seriously.

watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

You want to stay away from Voldo and look for opportunities to step him at mid to long range where he's actually surprisingly linear. A lot of Voldos will try to put 666B on you at that range because it's one of their better combo starters, you can step and punish that for decent damage with 22B. Otherwise just keep him away from you as much as you can and be careful when he's in backturn. He's got TC's and auto-gi's and it's all a pain in the ass. Just 6K him off you and keep the situation under control. The best way to fight Voldo is to make sure you never let things get out of hand to begin with.

Voldo's landfish? A+K stance gave me a lot of trouble. I have trouble hitting grounded opponents with 8B it appears when he does the 3 hit lows

@kowtow thnx and i appreciate the shout out

I had the longest set against an A3 mitsu and i honestly have to say that it might be in our favor. He had problems getting in and had few answers to prep. im gonna dissect the replays and figure out how to optimally counter mitsus stance transitions

Some of y'all take this stuff way too seriously.

It was actually a pretty mild barb, I thought. But I would like to point out that Raphael's design as a vampire came around before anyone knew about the first Twilight book.

And, as an avid lover historical fables and science-fiction/fantasy works, I like vampires as they are supposed to be and I'm annoyed at that series for turning them into a prissy, pop-culture fad.

Now, I really don't mean any offense by this. It's just my opinion. Let's both try to stay on topic from here on out.

You want to stay away from Voldo and look for opportunities to step him at mid to long range where he's actually surprisingly linear. A lot of Voldos will try to put 666B on you at that range because it's one of their better combo starters, you can step and punish that for decent damage with 22B. Otherwise just keep him away from you as much as you can and be careful when he's in backturn. He's got TC's and auto-gi's and it's all a pain in the ass. Just 6K him off you and keep the situation under control. The best way to fight Voldo is to make sure you never let things get out of hand to begin with.

I do appreciate the advice. I'll try to get more practice in against Voldos and try some of these suggestions out.

VS Ezio Auditore de Firenze
You have FOREVER to run up and punish whiffed crossbows at range. There's no reason to walk around idly at range and watch him whiff multiple shots. Make him miss one, then run in and 66B.

His grab range is NICE, be aware of this.

22A is actually steppable to the right (why?) so if they're using this to kill step, go for that or just block and punish the very unsafe 2nd hit.

A+B shoulder tackle leads into a free super for him. A+B is a free super for you on block. Don't miss the chance to take free damage off him.

You know he can cancel his crossbows into a roll right? Canceling into a roll gives him WR options and also helps him avoid getting tagged for using an unsafe move. Oh and if he doesn't want to use any WR moves he can shoot a second arrow after a standing one.

When you are at 236B Range :

You can duck and use Le 236B.
Standing crossbow is high and he won't have time to roll cancel.
Crouching crossbow is -30 on block, and he can't roll cancel, so free punish in both case.

Or you can sidestep and use Le 236B too.
He won't have time to recover/roll cancel here too.

You know he can cancel his crossbows into a roll right? Canceling into a roll gives him WR options and also helps him avoid getting tagged for using an unsafe move. Oh and if he doesn't want to use any WR moves he can shoot a second arrow after a standing one.

Still a lot of time to catch him before and after the roll to interrupt any of his options. The basic idea is to just take that ONE missed arrow and run with it, instead of idly running in a big circle letting him milk clock on you.

Also enough with the non gameplay discussion guys, any posts about Huda's shitty Twilight avatar from this point onwards will be deleted. I THOROUGHLY encourage you all to head over to Raph GD and continue to shit on it until he changes it, though. Just don't do it in here anymore.

It was confirmed by Daishi via Twitter that SCV Raphael, Viola, and Z.W.E.I. were inspired by the Twilight saga. Raphael plays for Team Edward (Vampire). His rival is Z.W.E.I., who plays for Team Jacob (Werewolf). Viola [Amy] is Bella Swan (The female lead). The relationship between the three characters is very similar to the relationship triangle between their three counterparts in the Twilight Saga. Z.W.E.I. is roaming around with Viola; Raphael doesn't like it. Originally, Raphael was supposed to encounter Z.W.E.I. and start a fight to win Viola [Amy] back. Time constraints put an end to that idea, but it was going to go down. This shit is straight out of the Twilight movies. Ask Daishi on Twitter if you don't believe me.

All you Raphael players denying this are only lying to yourselves. Raphael cannot beat Edward because he IS Edward. That's his team, and he reps hard. ~~*SPARKLES AND ROSE PETALS*~~, mothafucka!

twilight_edward_photo.jpg

~~**Stay mad!**~~

By the way, Daishi's stylish long coat was based off of the coat this chap is wearing. No more needs to be said.
Moving on, against Xiba, does Blood Roar (8A+B, iirc?) auto-GI the 2nd hit of 6BK or 6AK? If it does, it might be something to think of using from time to time. If Xiba has meter and 6A_B's, Just Guard the follow-up K and 22B. The quick step will dodge the Brave Edge head butt. 22B on 1P side and 88B on 2P side, as the BE headbutt tracks to the opponent's left side (Xiba's right side). Just Guard while tapping forward (6G), or else you will JG the kick back-turned and the Quick Step will come out slower due to Raph having to turn around before stepping. You will get hit by the BE head butt in this case. Always JG the kick with 6G instead of just G.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back