Raphael General Discussion / Q&A

For eg does 4A stop Kilik's 6BK? how about 44B? I dunno, but we can check
rofl sorry wrong game XD
jokes aside....no they doesn't i already tried.

And another thing...i can accept to be told everything....i could also accept that you think raph is S tier....
The only thing i won t accept is that B+K is anyhow useful....
I found useful even scIV teleport...but the DODOform is really stupid...its always better to step for both risk and reward.

rofl sorry wrong game XD
jokes aside....no they doesn't i already tried.

And another thing...i can accept to be told everything....i could also accept that you think raph is S tier....
The only thing i won t accept is that B+K is anyhow useful....
I found useful even scIV teleport...but the DODOform is really stupid...its always better to step for both risk and reward.

I''m no authority on Raph or anything like that, but I don't like to give up on finding some solutions. Also I don't think he's S tier or anything, but i know he has more defensive tools than most characters.
Personally i don't think his B+K is useful either and i don't use it, but he does have it, and it might have some rare spot where it will work....unlike something like 4B+K which I have no idea how that supposed to work lol
What is DODOform? sorry I'm new to Raph forums :)

ups i confused xiba 6BK with raph 66B+K my fault....
so raph 66B+K DOES damage to the guard...good last time i checked there were any number in guard damage column...

lol best to test things out yourself to compliment the wiki process. If you find that the values are different fire a pm to a mod to change things to help them out.

B+K's problem is that 22B from QS is so damn good (except for the crumple alignment glitch) in that it does more damage more than the 50/50 from the 20 damage from the auto-attack + BT grab/2B+K mixup. QS is faster than B+K as well, so anytime you could have executed a B+K, a 22_88 would have sufficed (such as against ivy's 1B (BE) or ezio 66BB).

If B+K could evade body attacks it would be a great counter to asta's super wide hitbox of fc 3K.

I dunno what you're talking about, you can 2A Xiba out of 6B,K. 3A also trades and gives you the CH stun. Not to mention, if they're just DOING it, a jG isn't unrealistic in that situation. Nor is sidestepping and forcing them to switch to 6A series, which is even easier to 2A him out of.

It's a pain in the ass move and sometimes you're just gonna wind up blocking it, but don't get the idea that your opponent can just do it for free based on some practice mode experiments.

Grr how dare he spread bad info, I'm gonna have to check everything myself to make sure next time *angry face*

2A ftw!

Looks like 2A work very well, but if Xiba is really close to you when he does 6B, 2A trade and you're stun.
I wasn't able to hit or trade with 3A... Even with turbo on. :p

Looks like 2A work very well, but if Xiba is really close to you when he does 6B, 2A trade and you're stun.
I wasn't able to hit or trade with 3A... Even with turbo on. :p

Weird, I was doing that in practice mode pretty easily off 6B,K. I was testing on the EX version though, different frames?

tried and it ALWAYS trade for me....been able just once to 2A him
tested on non BE version

the first thing people told me was that 2A for them worked (with different characters not with raph), so i tested it a lot and i feel to exclude completely input issues.

I tested the moveat short range btw :|

@hotnikketz the dodoform is how i call necroform....aka B+K
aside that not only 22B is better but also most time you can B+K on reaction you could go for a backthrow.

Raph's 4A works vs Xiba's string as well.
2A is reliable as long as yo udo it fast. There's no trade and there's no stun. Do it faster.

i don t think so (i took in account the possibility i was delaying the input so i checked it really carefully) but i'll check it again.....
i tried 4A also...i'm more inclined to think there is something other invlved like distance etc.

its hard to believe i delayed the input by exactly one frame 20 times in a row....

Has anyone tried to work 44 A+B into their arsenal? It is a fast unblockable and it can be quickly cancelable into prep. I have been trying to work it in somehow and I feel like it could be used for some unique options.

yep whiff punisher against nightmare if you bait him to whiff due to range...TC also ...it has the same use it had in scIV with the added prep4 bonus minus the left tarcking problem it had compared to other delayed preps

@darkfender
You don't need to be THAT fast. I just recorded Xiba doing 6AK and tried to counter the K and 2A CH pretty much everytime, 4A evaded, but i don't think i got it on CH.

@Jodo
I reread your post. Up close you traded, i missed that bit. Anywhere out of kiss range, and 2A CHs though. Please verify 4A at kiss range to see if it works

the frames allowed between 6AK and 6BK are different though.

I'm reconfirming that if you're at 0 zero range then the 2A will trade with the 2nd hit of 6BK. Anything further and you will beat it out.

6AK has a large enough gap so you can QS/88 into some nasty combo of your choice

44A+B G is the best way to get into prep (bad) from a distance, so you can get into SE (great) when they close.

I'm reconfirming that if you're at 0 zero range then the 2A will trade with the 2nd hit of 6BK. Anything further and you will beat it out.

6AK has a large enough gap so you can QS/88 into some nasty combo of your choice

Ahh, thought so. Good stuff. How about 4A at any range?

Just tested this now, and had it trade some at zero range, and I've also had it beat out the K option cleanly at zero range too. I'm not sure why this happens, tbh. Tried some off axis stuff, can't figure out what makes it trade sometimes and beat it cleanly others aside from user error. But in any case 2A the shit outta this move anyway. If you do it fast enough, it'll win most of the time. If you're getting straight up beat by the K, you did the 2A too late.

I am a total fraud, nothing I say is to be trusted. Just ignore me, I lose to scrubs for free.

EDIT: that wasn't a hacked post, people kind of need to know that I'm a complete nobody in this game, that way they don't listen to my terrible advice.

Back