Raphael General Discussion

Fighting Setz is like fighting Ivy. You gotta wait for either 214B (Ivy) or umbrella (Setz) and then punish. Your SG is gonna take a beating against Setz, though. .

lol does anyone remember what K+G was then ? Or was this a character specific command throw ? For some reason I am thinking of yoshi's rainbow drop

New to 8wayrun, would like some Raphael help

hits high, extremely short range, weak damage, I don't see it as faster then SEB A or SEB B...but not setting that in stone yet.

Seriously why would you use SEB K?

SEA K can STILL LEAD to Raphael's Master Combo, that alone I'd believe it shouldn't be completely gaffed off. I'm not sure how shakeable the stun is(can you do the master combo or not?), SEA B is bread and butter, I'm not arguing that point, but SEA K isn't completely useless either, which I feel SEB K IS.
====== DOUBLE POST AUTO-MERGE ======
Updated info because of Angelic's "SEB K" love, and Kyper's additional useful information.

C'mon, need more input, add more crap or leave as is? I want this to be the go to prep Guide for the forum.

Ruiner

SEA K is useful, especially against characters with fast highs that can interrupt either Prep A off 3B block or stuff Prep B before it hits.

SEA A looks better against uber-fast highs (or even prep A+B) assuming that you commited to prep, both for being a more reliable TC and for giving better rewards on hit (imo) and MUCH better if blocked.

--Tested against Kilik's A+B (or that multihitting high move of his) and only SEA A is reliable to hit him

hits high, extremely short range, weak damage, I don't see it as faster then SEB A or SEB B...but not setting that in stone yet.

Seriously why would you use SEB K?

SEA K can STILL LEAD to Raphael's Master Combo, that alone I'd believe it shouldn't be completely gaffed off. I'm not sure how shakeable the stun is(can you do the master combo or not?), SEA B is bread and butter, I'm not arguing that point, but SEA K isn't completely useless either, which I feel SEB K IS.
====== DOUBLE POST AUTO-MERGE ======
Updated info because of Angelic's "SEB K" love, and Kyper's additional useful information.

C'mon, need more input, add more crap or leave as is? I want this to be the go to prep Guide for the forum.

Ruiner

WTF is a raphs master combo?

Raphael's Master Combo = off a counter hit, 3B Prep A, 3B BBB:B. The shorter version, 3B BBB:B, like you'd do off a regular Prep A CH, is the rushdown.

You can do this off of Stuns like SEA K, SEB B, and....I can't think of anything else.

Ruiner

Raphael's Master Combo = off a counter hit, 3B Prep A, 3B BBB:B. The shorter version, 3B BBB:B, like you'd do off a regular Prep A CH, is the rushdown.

You can do this off of Stuns like SEA K, SEB B, and....I can't think of anything else.

Ruiner
yep

just remember the master combo has 3x 3B (there's the 3B in the 3rd hit of prepBBB:B)

Ruiner

doesn't 3B knock them out of stuns?

and how much damage is this?

oh yeah guys

66B prep K:K 11B <----seems more usable seeing as how SEA K is hard to apply as is SEB anything

Raphael's kicks?

yeah but its easier when your opponent is in mid air then they AC 44K has a weird hit box

66(B) prep K:K? bad...bad move

66B isn't great to begin with, and you shouldn't ever go into prep off of it. CH 66B 2A+B does 5 less damage then 66B prep K:K 2A+B, and is WAY SAFER.

Oh, 2A+B is way better then 1K for combo damage, but 1K is better as a mid/close range poking tool after you lock an opponent up. AB's the other great tempo breaker.

Ruiner

prep K:K is a good fllow up after 44AB because they dont have time to step it

2A+B is messed up by rolling in any direction and when you miss you eat it hard

1K is a good ground dmg tool seeing as how you cant roll it

Raphael's kicks?

Yeah, Im pretty sure they were in mid air. I would think getting a ring rout this way wouldn't happen often but 44k is still somewhat useful I think.

Raphael's kicks?

COMBO DAMAGE ANGELIC, COMBO DAMAGE. That means if you're doing 2A+B, it's guaranteed. Like off 44A+B or WS B CH.

2A+B on neutral is very situational, you have to KNOW they're not going to step it.

dunno the damage, but no 3B doesn't, if it did, then why would CH Prep A 3B Prep BBB:B work? We're not MAKING THIS SHIT UP, the master combo is legitimate. Try it yourself.

Ruiner

Raphael's kicks?

COMBO DAMAGE ANGELIC, COMBO DAMAGE. That means if you're doing 2A+B, it's guaranteed. Like off 44A+B or WS B CH.

2A+B on neutral is very situational, you have to KNOW they're not going to step it.

2A+B is only good after certain attacks IMO to situational to be super good

So I started to learn Raph after I realized I had some problems with him.. but after playing him.. I really don't get why people say it's REALLY easy to avoid prep stuff.. they say you can just step his options...

I think that's really half true.. to the point it's kinda invalid point.....

After learning Raph.. I feel like he's SUCH an easy character to play and he's extremely solid... his rewards and options are simple and direct.. and even against someone who steps well (like me or some of the players I play against) I still don't see how stepping solves everything... I think either... the people who says stepping raph = raph gets owned doesn't really know raph well becasue the Raph their playing against kinda suck (they lack basics like majority players).... or... there's something I'm SERIOUSLY missing.... like a way to beat all the options that i haven't even thought of or discovered.....

I figured the best source to find out wheather i'm right or wrong.... is here....

simple question.

If you manage to get into Prep ..... how can you avoid the following options WITHOUT risking getting hit by Prep B series/ Prep A.....options are.
Prep -> SEA : this seems to track step extremely well.. imo.. the way to beat it is to interupt it.. but if you interupt it.. Prep A/B owns you for free... and i can't think of how you can avoid both those options unless you're like taki.

Prep -> wait -> throw

then you always have the option to cancel to VE.. but i see the risk/rewards from there so no need to explain that....

like i said.. i'm just curious on what's the options are really against SEA perhaps even doing it multiple times if they keep trying to step to avoid other options, without risking yourself getting caught by more Prep A/B

perhaps certain transitions are avoidable... but what about after I blocked SEA

Or perhaps certain matchups they can't avoid it... and only maybe against a character like taki she can avoid it... regardless i like to know.... and imo... like i said before.. even thought taki's AA can beat transitions like SEA -> Prep A... she's risking a lot for doing that... if i do SEA -> SEA

-LAU

Back