Raphael General Discussion

I hear ya about VE K - it is a little unsafe, but way less unsafe than VE A, plus, one of a few moves that actually RO.

This is shit.....

I'm getting VE A frametraps less and less as people are getting tired of Raphael's shit.

Prep is getting stepped and GI'd rather well now.......I'm getting scared after finally having a good pool of strong Kilik players as well.....Asura dance, WR B, super ranged lows, those moves that hit low and high at the same time, that forward-motion, fast, mid that hits ground and has a command throw in it....and every kilik player good or not spams with ease.....

Then Algol players? OMG are you kidding me? Yeah, Prep owns him, but all he needs is 4/5 combo's and some bubbles and you're done.....

We can all have fun with him because we love his style, and we'll win plenty of fights.....but don't ever expect Raphael to win any tournaments. Hudathan and Pendragonsfall probably feel the same.

Ruiner

Raph can win, you just have to be better than everybody else ;-) Find something that works and use that - if you can't find something, you've gotta make something up...don't give up, but realize there is nothing wrong with using a second "real" character if you need!

66A is pro

i started liking it

whats the game with out risk?

this move gets +5 man points

besides they cant hit you with much if they duck it

unless they pick Hilde

66A is alright, so long as you don't use it so much that they begin anticipating it. Up close, I prefer iWS A to try and control step, but that's just me.

66A is only to be used outside WS A range anyway IMO. the range they should be used at is as follows: far=66A, mid=WS A, close=2A.

I don't like VE A as a step killer against prep for 2 reasons:

1. If they block and duck the 2nd hit you're gonna get hurt

2. You can hit Raph out of VE on reaction if hes doing it from prep

If they are stepping against prep just stick with SEA A/B

Has anyone been VE Aing like, as a small fraction of what you do out of VE now, and seeing if it's still getting blocked/ducked/punished?

Like for example, let's say....everytime you go into VE it's like this

40% Throw
30% K
15% B:B
15% A

...if they see the A THAT LITTLE, you think they're still going to block it so consistantly? I think that'll help it's success rate.....

^^^

It is always good to mixup. As a general rule of thumb I think you should do VE K a lot more than VE A. I think VE K is just as good VE A in terms of rewards/risk.

Personally, I'm trying to get into the habit of only doing VE A only on guaranteed situations.

For example, 3B (blocked) ---prep--> use VE to auto evade a move likeCervy 1B and do VE A. When you successfully auto evade a move with VE, VE A is usually guaranteed.

Angelic Fragment- -14 for 33B is GOOD. Consider two things

1. At the range you're using 33B how many characters have a consistent long range punisher?

2. Even if it IS blocked I can name a couple characters who can really hurt you for it (sophie, cass?, that's all I can think of)

thats awful -14 on a readable low that whiffs for no exact reason

it does have range though so yeah maybe its situational

It's readable but I bet you almost everyone will eat it. People have less incentive to learn to recognize lows that don't knockdown or give advantage on hit + raph is not popular tourney character now = hardly anyone gonna react to it well

The existence of Ivy and Amy make tournament Raphael's impossible to me.

I mean....seriously, Raphael is to Ivy what Yoda is to astaroth....we just don't have a chance.

Back