Raphael Video Discussion

watched only most vs natsu vids (again too fast @_@).
You seems to have probelms against natsu 66B BE (or how its performed i dunno the command) you ducked once every 4-5 blocked.
4B can go under the second move, but needs a little timing if you have problem at least crouch and FC3B but you cannot block that move...it should be havily discouraged punishing it reliably...that because its a nasty TC and TT....forcing opponent to think its risky makes life really easier against natsu..

Also more 11K and 66B (at close distance)....

I also like to work on opponent's guard, as always it forces opponentsto take risks.

You played very well youngfox!! Your Raph is beautiful....I mean Raph is a handsome guy but the way you played him was really sexy!!!!

Quoted for truth.

Edit: He uses a lot more 66B in the later matches. He gets punished a bit for using it too much in the Pyrrha Omega match in fact.

I noticed your Prep 4 aGI's were unpunished.

@darkfender i knew i could duck the 2nd part of 66bBE but tourney nerves and the fact that i was using a ps3 pad(i play on xbox) kept me from trying it too much. also i should mess w 11k more

@Fendante With the prep 4 i have a tendency to hold back while i wait to see if the GI connected. i think its a left over habit from playing SF4. I will try incorporating 11k more, but as far as 66b im too worried bout getting stepped. I prefer using it when they back tech but i will try to toss it out more when i have my opponent scared to press buttons. With lexia i really gotta sit down and learn that MU. It also didnt help that she was my 4th match in the grinder and i was done mentally.

Also Leonyx and Fendante thnx for the kind words. I appreciate all the advice and i will try to incorporate it so i can win the next major i attend

fendante you have nothing to apologize for, the advice you have is solid. also i love 66b as a whiff punish mostly cuz of the laugh. I would definitely encourage you to go to a tournament cuz even if you get destroyed it is a valuable learning experience. My friend who for brute honesty mashes so hardcore at this game went w me. I kept tellin him to stop pressing buttons on disadvantage but he never would cuz online scrubs taught him that it was a viable strat. he went against whoazzz 2nd match and got bodied. Since then he is finally playing more patiently.

I learned a lot from watching you Fox. Just wanted to say you represented in an awesome way. Keep it up!

Off topic though what did you guys think of Fate's Raph play? It seemed very aggressive and a lot of whiffs. Though I will say he did very well. Sucks that he got screwed out of a match because of an error.

Very inspirational Raph. Thank you, youngfox, for representing the community. Something that may help you : when 33_99KB BE hits, try and follow up with 6BB ( both hits should connect ) and enter prep to use either SE B or K as a mibnd game tool when the opponent rises. It could lead to a strong advantage in a round.

Too bad you missed some punishments and a few whiff punishments. I don't remember exactly when but it must be a consequence of stress or panic perhaps.

Overall it was a great pleasure to watch your games. As I said, you inspire me. Looking forward to seeing you play again. Keep up the excellent work !

Congrats youngfox well played, and those 2A frames traps were so effective they had me laughing. For a couple of 66(B) s they were at a range were 236B might have hit, were you trying to draw a whiff/GI?

It's true that you are an amazing Raphael player youngfox. That's without a doubt. I especially like how well you are using SE. But still one thing I noticed is how often people try to attack after blocking SE B only to get hit. The Viola and Omega player comes to mind.

itscalled matchup ignorance...
You would be surprised how well known players falls for frametraps against raph.

See 66(B) on block followed by BB (they always try to step for some reasons), SEB; 11K, etc etc etc

Thnx guys for the advice, ill try to incorporate it into my games.

@Mr.Hai those whiffs were just whiffs lol, tourney nerves were getting to me a bit. Also i love those frame traps lol. Not only is it effective but apparently its frustrating. The main thing w the trap is that if u use 236B as the mid and they step you generally fly away to a point that is hard to punish.

@vigo i think it was mix of MU inexperience and frustration. Omega and JJJ told me that my defense was frustrating them, also i was using 3A so it would catch step or an attack. The plan was that the first person who decided to respect the frames was going to get grabbed lol

@kojiro ill mess w 33kBE into 66B, thnx for the tip

again to all of you i appreciate the kind words and im going to see if i can actually attend EVO

Videos of my games during a European Online Tournament. Victory is achieved through FT3 games. My opponent was Alex_3D, a fine spanish player, as you may know.

VS Pyrrha

VS Pyrrha

VS Pyrrha

VS Tira

well i understand that for some reason spanish players do lags a lot, but it seems that phyrra lacks defense skills.
I mean considering how many tools pyrrha has he just cares to attack and never punish...

You did well btw exploiting his flaws that unfortunately is what we have to do :|

I would ve punish his jumping attacks with 4B that deals more damage and its easy to do on reaction even if he doesn t finish the string...

beware just that a good pyrrha won t let 22B, 66a, BB, unpunished and won t let you prep so easily...

i dont know if these were posted but enjoy!

early june tournament - Grand Finals: Gohan (Raph) vs KarmaGus (viola)
you might see a few things......for anti viola

early July tournament - Winners Finals - Gryd57 (Asta) vs Gohan (Raph)

Early July Tournament - Grand Finals - Gryd57 (asta) vs Gohan (Raph)

Here is the channel link: http://www.youtube.com/user/KingdomHikari?feature=watch

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE

raphael: my swordplay is peerless
Asta: F.U. i got 66K,BE :D

this game is so balanced.....

viola 5:20 raph tech trap fail i really hate when it happens.....
Best raph i've seen btw o.o

i think he just diddnt pick up on the asta's patterns, guy was pretty predictable. also i wish Gohan used CE more often, No point holding on to that meter. also i wish he did the 22b mix up

I don't think 3A was missing from the set. If it misses even once Then whatever-dy just does bullrush again and goes to town in his ideal scenario. I trust Gohan found that whatever he would impulsively prefer, he would never choose to even take that risk.

Absolutely love the backstep, the 2G crouching, and completely unpunished linearity (this one I don't even understand).

The reason not to take a 3A is also the reason 3A is still an undue risk even though it's safe. sometimes you have free damage, but sometimes you take all those frames, use the fact you can't be interrupted, and pull something with even greater reward out. Gohan was not reversing momentum so drastically when he blocked Bullrush , but he certainly didn't want to let whateverdy do that with his 14. It looked like Gohan had it in the bag until the last game.
As well, even if 3A hits... there's nothing to do after it.

I will agree more clutch 22B and less whiffed 22B would be a godsend. I don't think the entire set even tested what this Asta would do after blocking 22B.

3A is good to take breath, it guarantees 3B cannot be stepped and if CE bullrushed recover before the second bullrush.
sometime is good to remember that move....

Also against asta 3A and 1K are really strong

Also against asta 3A and 1K are really strong

1K into crouch throw for unbreakable backthrow. And whateverdy was doing raw crouch throws.

Suppose I do the 3B. Asta blocks. now what. Gohan wasn't doing Prep on Prep BB hit. what does that say?
3A is the most important move ever added to Raph. But it was not missing from this set.

Back