Regarding FSAK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I must have been super-oblivious to miss out on this, even though I was at the tournament. But whatever. Honestly I was only concerned with finishing my own matches, so I could care less about what was going on with the top 5

To the 'culprits' (lol):

Its sad to see this happened, and that the people involved, like Whoazzz and S-U, or maybe even others, were involved. You guys were real cool to meet in person, and would talk to many of my friends about at home about you guys in a glowing manner -- I first saw this thread and was honestly very suprised and disappointed; no respect lost for your skills, I'll still rep for that, but I was still disappointed. No, the cheating didn't affect me directly, i still would have placed 20+ spots behind no matter what happened, but the damage from this affects us all by soiling our community reputation, which was finally gaining steam after this event, and hirada-san's SC5 teases. Even more so, it stains Idlemind's event, which was put together very well through all the hardwork and effort, and was a blast to come. That's real unfortunate.

But, specifically to S-U and Whoazzz, I didn't write this part of the post to point fingers and mark scarlet letters on you guys. Thinking on pure logic, it makes perfect sense as to why it happened. I'm writing this because it seems like you are DEFENDING your actions (like it was a good idea), from what I see in your posts.

Why? Bringing up old, only tangentially-related events as justification, pointing to other sports/fg communities, calling it tactics, and generally acting like it was ok? Dirt is dirt, and calling somebody else dirty doesn't make you any cleaner. Its cliche, but 2 wrongs don't make a right. It may not have been done with bad intentions, but it plainly shows that you don't know the extent of the ramifications of your actions. You guys definitely seem apologetic to the main man affected, Malek, which is great, but other than that, from everything else I read, it seems like you guys feel no remorse for it, you might even be WILLING TO DO IT AGAIN, given the right circumstances, or at least wouldn't be having a problem if somebody else did it. I don't see anything in your posts that say otherwise. That doesn't help our community's situation at all -- What if by some miracle, I or some newcomer becomes a top contender in the next major? Do I now have to worry about this in the back of my mind, while trying to win matches too?

You've been called out but owned up to it like men. Applause for that. People are gonna still talk regardless, it comes with the territory. Let em.

But DON'T make things WORSE by trying to convince us all that it was a good idea to cheat.

At the end of the day, our community and its events are here only because our mutual trust for each other, and I don't wanna see that erode away, because I want to keep coming to events like these; that's why I'm concerned.

btw, hope to play yall again someday

Oof:
I totally agree with the reasons you brought this to light, and its definitely something we should all talk about, so we can learn from it. But really, you couldve left out the 'announcement' that you 'won't come to anymore US events until SC5'. Really, that just a publicity stunt-move. You don't wanna come, don't come -- I'd hate to see that, cause i'd like to see you play in, say, Final Round (if they ever bring SC4 tourney back). But making a grandiose statement like that doesn't accomplish anything -- it even makes people like me look worse to others because 'we americans' are all cheaters you don't wanna put up with, though I and 90% of people attending FSAK have absolutely nothing to do with this scandal BS. I never understood stuff like that...

Oofmatic

[...]

If Malek started this thread, I would understand his anger because it had actually affected his prize money and his tough trip to the US for competition, and I would give and will give him my sincerest apologies but instead it was you, who was not really effected besides feeling uneasy about the shady deals that happen in tournament. Do you feel bad for Malek because he deserved first? Do you hate/despise me over winning a video game tournament by getting a free win or two? Do you want to call me out as a fraud or someone who does not deserve to win? Do you hate Omar or anyone else that does shady business in a video game tournament? Please, grow up and welcome to life. This is not a matter that I should not be saying sorry to you or the community about but just saying sorry to Malek because I have stole first from him. I did not steal any placing from you, or Omar. Omar still got 3rd, and if he beat me I think I would have probably stayed in second instead of first. I did not steal from anyone in the spectating crowd. I am not justifying what I have done was “honorable”, but let me remind you that it is a video game.

What you seem to be saying here is that it is impossible to apply a universal morality, in that it is impossible to apply morality to a scenario unless one is a subject in that scenario.

This is unnerving, to say the least.

It's one thing to say that 'evil happens' and "that's life." It's another thing to say that Oof there can't be 'outraged' by what happened just because he wasn't in it. I believe that's the whole game of morality, it applies everywhere and always (if it does), and it doesn't matter who asks the question.

He may or may not be correct but he, and anyone else, who says something about the situation, is up for being correct or incorrect about it.

Because I think I need to attach this:
I do not in any post here accuse or put blame to any one. I am talking about the sort of situation in general. It is for all SC players to take the synthesis of this discussion and apply it to any specific scenario, using their knowledge of that scenario. I didn't go to FSAK. But as appearing in the argument above, I figure any person has equally the ability to reason about what's right.

*~*~*~
I will add that an argument commonly made regarding "does X know right from wrong," (say in cases of children or the mentally unfit), the most powerful indicator is simply whether that person concealed his or her actions. If you do something and try to hide it, it means you know the idea of right from wrong (the important part for Law), because it means you knew to be conspicuous of what you did.
It doesn't prove you knew it was wrong because anyone can do something right in a misunderstanding world and have to hide it. But it must mean the person knew it was a matter of doing right and wrong.

So then, concealing that one threw a match would be one sort of thing. And concealing that one lied would be another.

Again, as my other post, manipulating the tournament rules can't be seen as wrong. We Play to Win. But any lying is... well... lying. You don't have to be at a tournament for lying to be at least presumed to be the wrong policy.

mavericks420 stfu dude you weren't talking to me but I took it as a threat. i dont live in tx but i do come often and have never seen YOUR ass but if you do there wont be the anonymity of the internet to save you
(see that was a threat and i dont even know or care about you:)

OOF once again your reasons for blowing this shit out of proportions is BULLSHIT the more I read this thread the more I am beginning to become convinced you don't want to come to NEC so Mick won't rape and demolish YOUR ass like any of the admirals would do to Luffy. And this whole drama thread that you make a MONTH AFTER while you knew about it the DAY OF is just a smoke screen. But whatever. We'll see your gimmicks in 2Y hopefully lol

Tiamat you talk about honor and integrity and you quit playing and supporting because the community banned ALGOL lol stfu dude

Idle your tourny was great and the system was flawed and was naturally exploited the top 8 or top 4 should have played it out to determine the true winner (maybe each play ft5 or ft3 or something). A round robin over a 2 day period with no tie breaker system CANNOT determine the best player period. Its sad that your riding off into the sunset on this horse i mean mule.

I wasnt there like i stated because of unbreakable plans made prior to fsak being announced but half the people posting in here DONT EVEN GO TO TOURNEYS WHETHER ITS WEST COAST EAST COAST OR THERE OWN FUCKING BACKYARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO STFU AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE BY GETTING OFF YOUR FUCKING COUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any European players that have been contemplating coming to the USA for a random tournament for the past 8 years and never did but wont come now because SU lost intentionally to Woahhz since it didnt benefit either of them in any way to play please stay in the EU cuz we wont miss you.

And lastly i would like to contend the assumption that malek was by far the best player there. Last I checked he lost to Mick and Woahhz in tourny play. And I'd put $100 that Mick would beat him in a ft10. So unless Malek lost on purpose to make it interesting nothing was stolen from him.

shadow g i could truly careless what you think or say fucknuts. you can come to tx all you want BITCH ain't nobody worried in the slightest about you faggot.

this was in response to HIM saying what he said dumbass. i didnt threaten him FIRST i should say. i was simply saying that when you mess with ppl money asswhoopings tend to follow. so go fuck your cousin some more inbred swine :D good day

bunch of soft asses in here not wanting to call it like it needs to be called. grow some nuts and take a stand weaklings. :D

Just read some more stuff. The one thing that I feel really strongly about right now is that I am REALLY glad that someone posted this up. So despite what anyone else is saying, THANK YOU OOF.

I've never been to an (serious) offline tournament in any game, ever. While I knew about cheating I didn't have a clear sense of what it was or how it happened besides the most blatant examples. I wasn't at fsak and I haven't been in javachat for a minute. If someone didn't make a thread about this I probably would not have known what the fuck was really going on. I wouldn't have gotten to see all the different responses that people have made about what has happened (mindsets, values, other stuff) and I most definitely wouldn't heard about how accepted this type of thing seems to be. I watched almost the entire stream and even though I felt like some matches mysteriously disappeared...I never really imagined something like this. Thanks to this thread I'm less naive, even if its a little.

All I know is reading this thread helped me learn something that will prepare me for when I actually DO travel for tournaments...and I really hope that this thread doesn't get locked/deleted so that other people can learn something too.

Worthless opinion time:
This is reminding me of a certain avoiding the puddle tekken podcast where aris interviews Jop, and Jop talks about how a certain someone gains the name of "the American traitor". The hate that one guy got seems to be the same type of hate that oof and other people like him are going to get in the future. That is complete GARBAGE. FUCK THAT.

mavericks420...something-unique...shadowG

take a step back and read your posts. you are threatening each other with physical violence...on the internet. mavericks420, i appreciate the work you've done with videos but for the love of god, stay out of this. something-unique...don't threaten mavericks any more, please. we all know you'd just run your mouth and then run inside anyways. shadowGangsta...come one man...you, of the three, are straight up better than this.

we, as a community, look like a bunch of fucking fools right now. i'm not even gonna clean or close this thread, because i think it should be up to you guys to go back and delete or edit this embarrassing shit yourselves. read it again. think about it. if this continues i promise that this thread will get a close and a sticky so that everyone for the next month can see it and LOL at you guys.

what.

the.

fuck.

malek, i'm so sorry it's come to this.

/facepalm

Tiamat you talk about honor and integrity and you quit playing and supporting because the community banned ALGOL lol stfu dude
so playing a character=losing honor? your full of shit you play X in SC3
also he didn't stop supporting he just wont travel outside of maryland/VA/WV he will show up if theres anything in the area... hes offered his house to us multiple times...

just when i thought this thread couldnt get any more E-thug...
Motivator.jpg

inb4 you just dick ridin

Madratti, there were no lie, Something-unique forfeit. It was a choice that a player didnt want to play for whatever reason. If someone asked me, hey who won between me and SU, I won just say SU forfeit the match to me. How is that a lie. The action of not willing to play itself is not something that is prohibited in tournament. For whatever reason a player may forfeit a match. Does he have to give a reason?

Perhaps you are right that I can not say he is not allowed to be angry through these actions, because opinions are opinions, and we can not control the way we feel.
I told you guys that I am not saying that I am right, yet, I don't see why these actions are so considered cheating. I did not play one last match because some one forfeited to me, what if it was just a random player from the bracket, who had no reason to beat me since they already have 10 loses, so they give me the win. Is that something really bothersome? It seems that this matter is somehow very exaggerated in importance. A player forfeits a match so another player can win, what is so very wrong with it. A player wins by DQ, what is wrong with that. We have a choice to give up a match if we want to, I do not see a rule against it.

S-U said:
All I need to know is if Malek the competitor thinks I was spineless after the clarification given. The funny thing is I'm not the only one. Idle knows who all of them are. My name is just easier to drop in the equation.
I don't care about WHO it was. But I do care about the fact that it happened at all. To me this is an act of huge disrespect towards Malek.

If I would have been in his shoes it would've just slapped you guys in the face and flew back home on the spot...

It seems the SC community has reached the point where it needs cheating and betrayal to stop the best player in the world. This is so fucking lame!

We don't talk about some fucking online matches where people disconnect. We talk about betrayal on a personal level. Some people in here are obviously too full of shit to see this.

Honestly: I would ban the cheaters from all US tourneys during the remaining SCIV period.

I just don't get it...

Madratti, there were no lie, Something-unique forfeit. It was a choice that a player didnt want to play for whatever reason. If someone asked me, hey who won between me and SU, I won just say SU forfeit the match to me. How is that a lie. The action of not willing to play itself is not something that is prohibited in tournament. For whatever reason a player may forfeit a match. Does he have to give a reason?

No SU Ivy would have kicked your ass either way. And you lied to me punk, I asked you in the stream if you had actually fought woahhzz, damn liar.

I had no choice but to KingAce. It was while I was commentating that you asked that question. I had to do what I had to.

tencharacters

Another important apology I would like to make is to Idlemind, because he deserves at least this.
sorry I screwed your last tournament, and I understand that this tournament meant a lot to you. It seems like I took your hard work and accidentally kicked on it on the floor. I never meant for it to be this way, as I never thought these small actions would cause such an impact and commotion. My thoughts was that this wouldn't be a big deal, just one free win, from a good friend, who no matter what, beating me or losing to me will come in 3rd. Don't blame yourself for letting it happen, because it is not your fault. People will do what they have to win.

Aside from this, I am done with SC4. No more NEC, no Jaxeldome, No World Cup. I don't want to deal with going on forums and reading with people's ridiculous impulsive comments. Spectators are so quick to critique so critically when the matter does not really pertain to them, nor do they know what exactly happen. They will just stick to their one stubborn opinion/viewpoint until one day they are in the same situation. Something this small, and childish drama would prevent countries are willing to no longer come to US and play. I get sicken tired, angry, and frustrate just reading them at these comments, and know if I continue to play SC, I cannot help to read them. Perhaps this is my own fault, so I am going to take action. Have fun debating on a matter that won't be solve, and keep pointing fingers at people spectators, being angry and pretending that you are some kind of victim.

I have been trying to avoid this for a while but it seems inevitable. Nobody likes cheating but it happens because money talks. If there was no prize I would be an absurd amount of money Woahhzz plays it out vs everyone. Why did I try to keep everything hush hush for so long? I remember when we did something similar in SC2 and well it lead to a mass exodus because of a very similar argument where some people said "Deal with it" and other said "Why would I give money to top players who are assholes?" So for right or wrong I knew about it from before it happened and tried to keep it quiet. Personally I hate what happened and I wish that we could have put forth a solution that prevented this at the time... But that is not what really happened and we need to deal with the issues at hand.

I really see no solution to cheating because people can play matches and throw them away just as easily as what happened. So if you really want to run anti cheating nonsense you will quickly start pointing fingers when someone who isn't the favorite win in a deciding fashion. So someone who is having an "off day" will end up labeled a cheater. That in mind I decided to try and keep things under wraps... If people want to hate because everyone isn't up in arms over this then think about that for a minute. What is the point of dragging all this out when nothing can be accomplished besides putting rules in place to force everyone to run their matches out? The only thing I see happening as this goes on is things get worse within the community so thank you all for causing needless drama.

Oof needs to STFU because sandbagging glitches is a way to "win based on lies" within the rules of the given event. If you want to play by the rules and use that as the crux of your point then you can't get uppity about this because no rules exist to prevent this. If you want to quit then quit but when you run the least honorable strats available how can you really take the high ground based on honor? Pick your side and stick with it.

IdleMind has a really valid point where he expected people to play honorably because he knows them. Unfortunately money talks and while it seems like a trivial amount of money to some of us to a broke college kid it's HUGE. I know you feel like this was personal and your rep as a TO as well as your event has forever been soiled. You went out there and put your word on the line saying stuff like this wouldn't happen and it did. I feel for you and I wish there was a solution to that besides make better rules next time... But nothing of the sort exists. So when I say something along the lines of "Get over it" it's not because I think you're overreacting or your point is invalid. I simply think that dragging this argument out does nothing good.

Malek is still my favorite frenchie even though we didn't get drunk this time around. Things like that happen and he seems to both realize and accept that it happens. Personally I would be angry as hell considering all the money he spent to help team USA get out to France last time and having one of the players who would have been unable to attend without that would feel personal to me.

NoFace you were not there so I don't expect you to understand the spirit of that event. I don't think anyone can realistically say they will win that format consistently because it will come down to a few key moments. Like if Woahhzz didn't come out with a clutch JI he would likely have lost and then collusion or not Malek wins... Other players will lose their mental stamina and drop things at certain points in the day. Was that against joe the noob where you recover and win or against Ramon where he tas B's you to death for every mistake?

The real spirit of FSAK is you get to meet and play everyone. This was as much of a social gathering as it was a gaming tournament. Collusion or not I think everyone had a good time and that is why most of us will show up to this event when it happens again. That I didn't get to play top player X because I didn't want to money match or I didn't get to meet person x because after the event he went to the room with the top players and I didn't know where that was. All of them become irrelevant. You get to play vs everyone for the cost of entry and that is something that will entice newer players to come out and make a fat prize pool for the top players to show up and compete for.

Thanks for reading and I hope we can get past this as a community instead of everyone taking sides and saying fuck the other people.

Bashing Oof for using glitches is nonsense. As an Ivy player I constantly abuse glitches in every single round and I'm sure most non-Ivy-players don't even know them. They don't cause no auto loss for the opponent... --,--

But comparing glitches to BETRAYING is complete bullshit. All involved players should be disqualified now all their matches should be anulled. This shit really reminds me of my FIFA days... :(

ShinjiTao missed the point... By taking both standpoints he is a hypocrite. If you want to play by the rules what went down was not a bad thing. If you want to play honorably sandbagging round ending glitches is not honorable. You can choose whatever side you want but if you want to play the one that suits you at the given moment then your argument fails.

ShinjiTao missed the point... By taking both standpoints he is a hypocrite. If you want to play by the rules what went down was not a bad thing. If you want to play honorably sandbagging round ending glitches is not honorable. You can choose whatever side you want but if you want to play the one that suits you at the given moment then your argument fails.

I totally disagree, because after more than 2 years all possible glitches in the game have been revealed (I guess) and should be common knowledge to high level players. There is a difference between using glitches and lying in order to keep the number 1 player from winning the tournament.

And besides I think that all those glitches are accepted as parts of the game since they were found pretty short after release. Ivy would still be top tier even without stancelock ect.

I totally disagree, because after more than 2 years all possible glitches in the game have been revealed (I guess) and should be common knowledge to high level players. There is a difference between using glitches and lying in order to keep the number 1 player from winning the tournament.

And besides I think that all those glitches are accepted as parts of the game since they were found pretty short after release. Ivy would still be top tier even without stancelock ect.

LOL! sad state of affairs like this.. indeed provides ample amusement during work 'down-time'.. ^_^

..its like that Clinton or that Tiger Woods thing.. but in a smaller scale.. >_< haha!

Neways, i think Bibulus meant that... as much as OOF is a well known & respected player.. he might not be the right candidate to be the OP for this particular issue. Specifically due to in his proverbial closet... which kinda hits pretty close to the issue in question.. regardless of how you look at it.

And as they say, when you put forward a 'libel' case.. you really do need to make sure your closet stays clean of ANY skeletons..

Nothing off OOF though.. or anyone for that matter.. stuff just gets uglier when they're all exposed like this.

Nonetheless, the issue needed to be said, if only to do Idle some justice.. whatever justice means to anyone nowadays... We can at least learn from this if anything.. =/ whatever that is.. will be up to the individual.

/End troll.. ^_^ hehe

I do feel for the people involved in this... most especially Woahz.. since regardless of what people said, your posts speaks volumes of the guilt & remorse you're currently going through.. all because of a decision which at a time, might have been trivial.. but obviously has had severe repercussions worldwide. I truly hope that this doesn't really stop you from playing further Calibur altogether. Hope you feel better soon.

You all need to realize that non US players probably will think twice about spending cash to travel there to play if there's a chance the tournament will be rigged to stop them from winning. Imo that in itself is a pretty serious thing.

Also if you resort to bullshit outside the actual gameplay to win, the purpose of the tournament (that is, to see who the best attending player is) is pretty much defeated. How can you not see this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back