REMINDER: SC5 World Championship TONIGHT

The time is almost upon us! Tonight, starting at 7pm Pacific (10pm Eastern), eight of the world's best SOULCALIBUR V players will be squaring off for over $10,000 in prizes. Be sure to check it out live, courtesy of Team Spooky.

SOULCALIBUR V World Championships -- Official Bracket

April 10, 2012 7pm Pacific (calculate YOUR timezone here).

Catch it in fabulous Las Vegas, if you're lucky, otherwise catch it on Spooky's stream. There should be some intense matches, lots of speculation put to rest, and maybe an upset or two in the making. Everybody needs to tune in to make sure they don't miss a single second of the hype!

AND WELL!.....Who defeated Keev with SIEG (NOT NIGHT) in the winners finals?? OMEGA DR, i hope that everybody now be conscious about who is the best player in the world in SCV!!!!!

MI HERMANO OMEGA!! DEMOSTRANDO QUIEN TIENE EL VERDADERO PAWAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

He was just smart about it. Sieg owns NM and NM owns Mitsu. He basically played the rock-paper-scissors game and took it.
Exactly! he was smart enough to play what he needed as he needed and had the skill, brain and heart to fulfill his plan.

Mitsu is strong, People should have realized that awhile ago. But nightmare didn't beat mitsu. Omega beat Akire.

Respect for both players.

in the end it doesnt even matter... omega won and he pwnd all the newbs congratulations to all the participant specially the zwei and mitsurugi player great preformance...

france got pwnd
japan got pwnd
USA got pwnd
The whole world got pwnd

from a guy coming from a small island coming from the street BWAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

good tourney but my brah got it :D

i respect omega and know he is an incredible player but god damn does he have a ton of fanboys/nut huggers.

saying shit like every other country got pwnd and he "pwnd all the noobs" is just disrespectful and not true. if pwnage means going last set last round last hit with toilet i guess ive been usind the word Pwned wrong all these years.

i know i'm gonna get a bunch of ignorant haters gon hate responses because thats the internet auto defense, but there is no hate towards omega here.

When Akire reset the bracket I thought he was gonna win. He had so much momentum! I also feel that the Zwei player, while awesome benefited as much from character unfamiliarity on his opponent's behalf as his talents. Again not taking anything away from him. It was refreshing to see a strong Zwei competing.

For anyone looking to buy arcade stick. Madcatz ran an ad during this stream where you can buy the SCV arcade stick for 100 bucks through April 17. Go to store.gameshark.com and use the code SCV100. Total cost for mine came to $113.85 after shipping and handling. Great deal on this stick.

i respect omega and know he is an incredible player but god damn does he have a ton of fanboys/nut huggers.

saying shit like every other country got pwnd and he "pwnd all the noobs" is just disrespectful and not true. if pwnage means going last set last round last hit with toilet i guess ive been usind the word Pwned wrong all these years.

i know i'm gonna get a bunch of ignorant haters gon hate responses because thats the internet auto defense, but there is no hate towards omega here.

I completely agree. Some of these fanboys are off the chain right now.

They all just wish they were the world's sexiest gamer.

For anyone looking to buy arcade stick. Madcatz ran an ad during this stream where you can buy the SCV arcade stick for 100 bucks through April 17. Go to store.gameshark.com and use the code SCV100. Total cost for mine came to $113.85 after shipping and handling. Great deal on this stick.
same! i jumped on that deal! now my spoiled ass has the hori and the matcatz.

Hey im the world champion , i wonn 2 matchesssssss yeiiiiiiiiiiiii, THE BESTTTTTT, yea right, too bad there is no world tournament with ft 5, 10, with 50 players from all over the world, then if i win in a tournament like that i might be satisfied, now the money and the hype was great, and the support from namco best thing ever, but the best thing is that i got to talk about zas bajajajajjajaja.

omega. we had that tournament in sc4. it was FSAK. every single player played every single player. now, i admit that i have dropped out of almost every tournament i've ever been to in favor of exploring new cities, but i am sort of an anomaly like that. most people play it out always. such was not the case for FSAK, though.

i think hates was the first to drop out after some pussy ass bullshit was done to him. i did shortly after when, after 2 days of train nightmares, flying across the country, dozing off at bus stops, being led to my hotel room only to be woken up once to awesomeness after ten minutes and again to yelling and being moved, AGAIN, to another room where i couldn't sleep till 5 am...after all of this and running off maybe 4 hours of sleep in three days, i crashed in a chair at the venue. ten minutes later, some asshole is shaking my arm telling me that i have to get up and play ____ and ____ person RIGHT NOW or the whole tournament structure will crumble. i played one more match and forfeit from the event...because fuck that. what it became was not a contest to see who was the best player at all. it was a contest to see who could sit around in a new and interesting place, eating nothing but mcdonalds and noodles for days, and either ask people over and over again to play, or be bossed by some volunteer TO for hours.

in the end, out of more than 50, maaaaaaaaaaaaaybe 20 people actually "finished". and even they didn't really play everyone because most people simply quit. it is a cool idea, but nearly impossible. when you go to a tournament; sure, playing the game is a big part, but so is going out and hanging out with friends and partying and checking out the city and stuff.

a ft10 with 50 players would mean anywhere between 490 and 931 matches that you had to play. assuming that each match takes between 3 and 5 minutes, that is 1,470 and 4,655 minutes.

my math is probably wrong, but i think that means you would have to be playing anywhere from 24.5 and 77.6 HOURS. now, consider eating, smoking, bullshitting, actually finding the people to play, waiting your turn, setting up machines and whatever else, well you can double the playtime, at a minimum, to be anywhere near realistic as to time taken to complete the event...

well now we are looking at roughly 2 to 6 straight days of being in a new and exciting city, full of wonderful people and clubs and bars and shit, and ignoring all of it and playing soul calibur...and all this without even considering taking breaks to sleep or go out for wings.

fuck that. we tried it. we did. after a day and a half, for the first time in my life, i deeply and truly hated everything about soul calibur. in the end i dropped out so i could go buy some fresh maple syrup in vermont. (which was a fantastic idea...i still have some of it in fact.)

now, i'm not bagging on FSAK. it was a great event. it was the single largest gathering of talented players that the community has ever seen, and likely will ever see again. in theory, it was the end-all-be-all SC4 tournament. in reality, it almost made me swear off playing calibur or returning to new england for the rest of my life. it was no fault of the tournament. it simply does not work. did i mention that we were only doing FT3? to complete a FT10 of that scope, i would have had to rent an apartment there and pick up a crystal meth habit.

TL:DR

our current tourney format, unfortunately, is about as good as it is gonna get.

also...i don't know, kAb, omega is pretty damn sexy. i'm gonna have to get some shirtless side-by-sides in order to either crown a new king or renew your title. and yes, i am qualified to judge.

Live streams

4 Viewers
SeichoTV
SeichoTV
Few Ranked matches while buzzed. Come vibe friends :3 ☯ | Love Questions and Anime! Ask up c: |

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philmckrackon
Back