Rock General Discussion

It's a shame you're only NOW DOING THAT GIVEN THAT LAU AND I HAVE BEEN TALKING ABOUT IT ALL THE TIME FOR SO LONG, TELLING OTHER ROCK PLAYERS TO DO IT.

tsk tsk...draco....tsk tsk.

I was winning without it. Now that I'm not winning as much, I decided to take off the handicap.

It just looks like something you'd need to sit down and practise. Which is a luxury I don't have right now. Still, it IS quite interesting, and I'd like to use it at least a bit. I'll give it a show at the next tourney/gathering, see what happens.

A+B -> wall splat -> GT
A+B -> near wall no wall splat -> CT tech trap

-LAU

-LAU

Hope this isn't old news but I've found a techtrap im abusing right now :D

2A+K--> RCC + very slight delay --> 2A+K (catches all tech).
From there on you can repeat this or start with standard Post-2A+K shenaningans (groundthrows are now feet towards)
If you miss the timing of the second 2A+K or they don't tech you still have HUGE advantage (for another 2A+K e.g. :-P)

2A+K --> RCC --> 1A is good near the edge (techtraps all directions but has to be done instantly after RCC)

D:

-_-;

you should know 2A+K -> 11A = tech + guaranteed....

it's that good...and RO... for goodness

arnboku: good find :)

-LAU

11A = delayed 1A? As in, it's guaranteed AND catches tech, or just catches tech? Because I don't think anyone's going to tech after 2A+K (unless you can juke it). There's really no reason to, since you can't avoid the ground throw.

2A+K -> 11A is because you don't need to do FCC after the 2A+K.. it just makes it easier compared to 2A+K -> FCC -> 1A

that's all there is to it.

-LAU

hahaha 11A = 8WR version page, don't make me slap u :) go read the movelist
Not teching will be a good thing for Rock cuz that makes all sorts of shit guaranteed with mega advantage too. 2A+K is that good.

Arnboku, i like that trap. I did not know that. Thanks a lot

page:

most players tech after 2A+K than not tech it simply out of bad habit of holding [G] after any slow ass moves like that... and that leads to tech....

unless they get hit by it all the time they won't but when they start to not think at all.. it's possible to land stuff like 2A+K -> 22B (not guaranteed..... but they can't exactly just 'shut down their brain')

-LAU

Well, I almost always go for the guaranteed ground throw, so I assume people just stop teching when they know there's no reason to. I guess I delay it a bit and see what they're doing. I just find tech traps after moves where your opponent doesn't really have any reason to tech from a little dubious.

There are instances where your ground throw will whiff, or you have to interchange from head first to feet first. 11A and associated tech traps, solves this dilemna....AND, it's actually free damage. Ground throws can always be broken...so you might wanna mix the damage with the throws, for variety and effectiveness.

2A+K on hit, you can give them a reason to tech by doing stuff like RCC B+K and 22B like Lau mentioned, both of which are unsiderolleable iirc....so yeah you can apply some setups with it. Just remember all your options :)

I posted Rock-It-Science. Over 100 views, and yet no comments. Does no one play Rock?

& A NEW COMMER ENTERS!
Man it sucks i wanted to see the Rock-It-Science, but i have a MAC. so it wasn't working right.

be here is something I've been doing lately, is trying to find cool new tech jumps... Does rock have any good 1s?

Jump A/B and 6B+K are both fast on tech jumping, but all have big weaknesses.

Jump B is much safer, but it can be stepped easily. 6B+K is your gamble move. Jump A tracks, but is unsafe and hits high.

Jump K is safe, but does poor damage and has weak advantage on hit.

And although 44K and 22K are great on hit/block, they are both linear and take a long time to tech jump.

Sorry, but Rock's not a great jumper.

Back