Saints Row The Third

which do you like better?

• Saints Row series

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Grand Theft Auto series

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
I got the game on the day it came out and fell in love with it. the voice acting is terrific, the conversations are at most times hilarious, and the story is pretty good with many good characters. I think the makers of Grand Theft Auto should take notes because in my opinion this game is waaaaaay better. not to mention a really good create a character engine as well.

P.S. I'm not gonna answer my own poll since it's a little obvious.

I'm planning on getting it but I have so many other things I need bleh. I can't wait to get my grubby little hands on it.

I don't like sandbox games in general... I like having a focused and guided story; its why I liked GTA4, but hated all other GTA games. Games like Uncharted or Heavy Rain are why I play video games.

I hate all GTA games, way overrated.

Never cared for Saints Row either, but the lastest one has alot of Purpleness going on so... if only for that. :D

bdeadf577fd26a17900e9c6f744b074a

Why does every Saints Row topic/ discussion have to be a competition with GTA?

They are DIFFERENT GAMES. One being better than another is just perception. There's no winning.

I don't like sandbox games in general... I like having a focused and guided story; its why I liked GTA4, but hated all other GTA games. Games like Uncharted or Heavy Rain are why I play video games.
SR3 has a very good story this time. great voice acting and cool characters. i was skeptical about SR as well and i picked up SR2 just to see what the hype was about. i don't like GTA because they all were a bore to me but when i found you could make your own character and all the dialogue he/she says changes depending on what voice you choose that caught my attention first. i'd recommend picking it up.

My very first run-in with sandbox was Saint's Row 2. That shit was crack. I put down Blazblue and never got back to it because of that game. Its hard to explain really and i never did play any of the Grand Theft Autos but there were so many disturbingly entertaining things to do in that game. Its an interesting feeling when after getting enough police noteriety, that prompts them to roll out the LAVs with machine gun mounts. So then you can steal that shit, take it to the Rim Jobs mechanic and pull out of there with a new paint job, and extra low profile spinners on all six of those giant wheels on that LAV. Hilarious.

I'm playing the new one now and it is good. I'd say its even funnier than the last one with some of the dialogue and radio station comercials but it does take a step back in customization and some missing activities(like street racing). All in all it is still really good though.

Back